My 600-lb Life

I came across a TV reality series called My 600-lb Life .Each episode follows a year in the life of morbidly obese individuals that weight around 600 pounds (270 kg). The TV show follows each individual on their weight loss journey including undergoing bariatric surgery.

The TV show its self has turned out to be both fascinating and at the same time very annoying . The majority of these participants seem to be women and listening to their endless excuses as to why they became so over weight becomes so annoying that I find my self actually shouting at the TV set ‘’ stop eating all that crap ‘’ . These women seem to be endlessly saying that the reason they are now in such a life threatening overweight situation was because as a child their mother or father did not love them , or their parents divorced or when they were at school they were bullied and called fatty or I got pregnant at 14 and my husband abused me then we broke up . I met someone else, I got pregnant again he cheated on me and we broke up. In the next breath they proclaim Oh my leg hurts or how life is so hard for them to go on living . They go on to say say how hungry they are or I know I’m going to die soon , and then start shoveling more Big Mac’s or extra large pizza in their mouth .

Any one else here watching My 600-lb Life and if so whats your take on the people that are 600 lbs or more overweight and how do you react to what you are seeing .

WARNING - The video Contains disturbing images and may induce you to become annoyed and want to shout aloud – Stop eating All That Crap .

13 hours ago, MrScratch said:

whats your take on the people that are 600 lbs or more overweight and how do you react to what you are seeing .

I wouldn't bother watching a programme like that, see so many Thai women grossly over weight some men but not so many.

My excuse for some is they have glandular problems & metabolic rate problems who I have sympathy for, the ones that overeat and don't try doing anything are their own problem. 

16 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

My excuse for some is they have glandular problems & metabolic rate problems who I have sympathy for, the ones that overeat and don't try doing anything are their own problem. 

They all overeat and under-exercise.

There's no other way to get fat and stay fat.

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Yeah there are other ways but there treatable if they can be bothered.

Hypothyroidism. A condition where the Thyroid gland & hormones regulates our metabolism can often cause weight gain.

Cushing's syndrome. A condition when the adrenal kidney glands produce a steroid hormone called cortisol which leads to a build-up of fat in face, upper back, and abdomen.

Depression. Some people with depression overeat, which can lead to obesity.

6 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Hypothyroidism. A condition where the Thyroid gland & hormones regulates our metabolism can often cause weight gain.

Cushing's syndrome. A condition when the adrenal kidney glands produce a steroid hormone called cortisol which leads to a build-up of fat in face, upper back, and abdomen.

Yes but all of those can be treated. The OP is just talking about greedy, piggish, gluttonous people who stuff their faces with fast food all the time.

17 minutes ago, Traubert said:

Yes but all of those can be treated. The OP is just talking about greedy, piggish, gluttonous people who stuff their faces with fast food all the time.

Yeah well my post was in answer to what Britmantoo said.

One of the many questions that keeps running through my mind after watching all these morbidly obese people is this.

How do they let them selves get to the point in their lives where they are so obliviously overweight , surely any sane person who glances in a mirror will instantly be concerned and shocked by what they see . How can these people look in a mirror and see looking back at them a gargantuan beached whale and then pick the phone up and place an order for vast amounts of takeaway food for them selves.

Any one ????

On 5/3/2019 at 1:13 PM, BritManToo said:

Then lobby to destroy model and fitness business, because "those people show unrealistic bodies"

I would say ther f fat asses are way more unrealistic

On 5/3/2019 at 10:40 PM, White Christmas13 said:

yeah well I guess that's why French people don't get to fat and eat snails

because they don't like fast food

They chase frogs around, very good exercise....

On 5/3/2019 at 10:21 PM, MrScratch said:

One of the many questions that keeps running through my mind after watching all these morbidly obese people is this.

How do they let them selves get to the point in their lives where they are so obliviously overweight , surely any sane person who glances in a mirror will instantly be concerned and shocked by what they see . How can these people look in a mirror and see looking back at them a gargantuan beached whale and then pick the phone up and place an order for vast amounts of takeaway food for them selves.

Any one ????

they probably don't have one.. or can't get to it

I remember one of the guy needed to wash in an oversized trough outside because he couldn't fit in the bathrooms door

On 5/3/2019 at 2:47 PM, Kwasaki said:

My thyroid is slow, but when i take the medicine to speed it (prescribed by the dr) up i suffer from insomnia. So it depends a bit what you call curable. 

I prefer to sleep good so i don't take the medicine and just accept I have to eat less and workout more then others. Within limits we can all lose weight.

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

My thyroid is slow, but when i take the medicine to speed it (prescribed by the dr) up i suffer from insomnia. So it depends a bit what you call curable. 

I prefer to sleep good so i don't take the medicine and just accept I have to eat less and workout more then others. Within limits we can all lose weight.

my dads girlfriend is about 65 years old and 5 feet tall and used to thin.

I went back to visit my dad after a year or so and they had stopped smoking and she replaced that with snacking.

blamed all the weight gain on her "thyroid issues" which in her case is BS and on the quitting smoking

I sat there with her once for supper and she ate twice as much as me and two hours later was slaying a party mix while watching TV

does not workout, absolutely no exercise apart from walking to the car.

when i told her she could exercise she told me that her doctor told her that exercise would not help her because of her thyroid and a bunch of nonsense.

so I dropped it.

10 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

if you added up all five of my 100 pound girlfriends it would still not equal one "LaShanta".

I like women around that weight too, lower if possible unless they are tall

my friend shared this with me yesterday:

I would date that chick on the left, she is a bit "too skinny" (apparently 70ish) but it's not horrible.

1 minute ago, kekalot said:

my dads girlfriend is about 65 years old and 5 feet tall and used to thin.

I went back to visit my dad after a year or so and they had stopped smoking and she replaced that with snacking.

blamed all the weight gain on her "thyroid issues" which in her case is BS and on the quitting smoking

I sat there with her once for supper and she ate twice as much as me and two hours later was slaying a party mix while watching TV

does not workout, absolutely no exercise apart from walking to the car.

when i told her she could exercise she told me that her doctor told her that exercise would not help her because of her thyroid and a bunch of nonsense.

so I dropped it.

I am certainly not fat.. but if i don't watch it i could get fat. I eat way less then normal people especially if you factor in how hard and often i train. Its just how it is. 

But even with a slow thyroid you can lose weight its just harder. Its all a question of choices.

But you can't compare yourself to others as everyone is different metabolic rate wise. Still nobody needs to be obese everyone can stay on a normal weight with only a few exceptions. 

6 minutes ago, robblok said:

I am certainly not fat.. but if i don't watch it i could get fat. I eat way less then normal people especially if you factor in how hard and often i train. Its just how it is. 

But even with a slow thyroid you can lose weight its just harder. Its all a question of choices.

But you can't compare yourself to others as everyone is different metabolic rate wise. Still nobody needs to be obese everyone can stay on a normal weight with only a few exceptions. 

Well I don't eat junk food no soft drinks either and just have 2 meals a day some times less

but I still have a 1 pack I guess because I love red wine

1 minute ago, White Christmas13 said:

Well I don't eat junk food no soft drinks either and just have 2 meals a day some times less

but I still have a 1 pack I guess because I love red wine

Then you must love it a lot because just 2 meals a day should not be a problem unless its huge meals. 

On 5/2/2019 at 11:12 PM, MrScratch said:

WARNING - The video Contains disturbing images and may induce you to become annoyed and want to shout aloud – Stop eating All That Crap .

I just accidentally caught a trailer on Quest Red, I wish I hadn't.

I'm no slim slith-like creature (100kg of Great White Whale) but I move around just fine, manage my own ablutions and bonk the missus too. No way in heaven or earth I would let myself get to that state.

Thanks every one for your comments and thoughts :thumbsup:

Well Ive watched some more episodes of this reality TV show , and I’m lost for words after sitting through two episodes called - Steven & Justin Assanti ( part 1 and part 2 )

Watching these two episodes was about as much as I could take with out bursting a blood vessel or throwing some thing at my TV set ☹️ 

The 2 episodes follow two brothers that are vastly over weight ( Steven & Justin Assanti ) but its Steven that takes the prize for being a right **nt ???? .

If you have the stomach to watch this youtube video clip of Steven Assanti in action you will get a glimpse of what the episodes are like.

WARNING – The video contains distressing content and VERY offensive language .

If you do get to watch the two episodes in question I would love to hear your thoughts :thumbsup:

Archived