It’s unusually humid, isn’t it?

Jajazazajaja

6 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Yep. For the first time in 3 years I am using AC...at night. Also jogging has to be done after 7pm. Condo swimming pool essential...

Despite the temperatures being higher i am thinking an 7 or 8am jogging time about optimal. I went out at 3am the other morning around central BKK and the temp with the extremely high humidity at that time was a killer.  At 7am the humidity has dropped and temperature only starting to ratchet up. I like to normally do about 20km before work, at the moment in the mornings i am lucky to get to 12-15 without feeling dizzy and unwell. I have decided to keep it in the gym until we have some decent rains.

• Like 1

Humidity is never Arizona or desert level but actually it is the heat with normal or less humidity this year - humidity has been too low for rain (which is unusual for Thailand after Songkran) so we continue to wait at record high temps with no rain to cool it down.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

Nope, you're not alone! My wife, son and I are also suffering and it's causing a headache and a strange feeling. It's terrible weather with temperatures up to 42 degrees that feel like 55! 

That's the ambient air temp sun rays hitting the skin can be 60* I Put thermometers out in the sun's rays,if it reaches 60* the bulb breaks.Try it.

Edited by Percy P

29 minutes ago, Percy P said:

That's the ambient air temp sun rays hitting the skin can be 60* I Put thermometers out in the sun's rays,if it reaches 60* the bulb breaks.Try it.

In my area in Isaan, we certainly have record heat index this year, not record temperature, but record humidity added to the temperature. 

From what information I can gather, it would seem that this abnormal humidity comes from the wind which, most of the time, these last few weeks, blows from the South or Southeast, which is not a normal occurence. 

Generally, the wind blows from the West or Southwest, and doesn't bring so much humidity over Isaan. 

Having said that, this is extremely unpleasant, and at a certain point, dangerous for our health if we are not careful... 

3 hours ago, marin said:

I would bet in reality you would be breathless walking up one flight of stairs in January's cool season.  Some of us do jog on a daily basis for our health..

I run too, isn't that what I said?

This is the same as what we called the "build up" in the northern Territory. High temperatures, high humidity waiting for the wet season to kick in.

When I worked there all of my clothes would be wet through by 9am from the perspiration. Would drink up to 2 gallons of water a day.

16 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

Humidity is up...humility is down!  I feel for the folks who will be exposed to this dangerous heat and humidity for hours at the time for the next few days to give the new King his proper coronation...

Hopefully plenty of bottled water and medical staff will be available...

And any soldiers who do not have the 'discipline' to cope with the heat will not be punished this time.

royal guard.png

Indeed, and it’s only going to get worse. (The last time we had this much CO2 in the atmosphere, temperatures were 3-4 degrees hotter and sea levels were 20m higher...)

So we'll either have to get used to it, or do something about it. We could for example start a Farangs For Mangroves program!????

1 hour ago, GreasyFingers said:

This is the same as what we called the "build up" in the northern Territory. High temperatures, high humidity waiting for the wet season to kick in.

When I worked there all of my clothes would be wet through by 9am from the perspiration. Would drink up to 2 gallons of water a day.

Or the loony season

36 minutes ago, Dek Somboon said:

Indeed, and it’s only going to get worse. (The last time we had this much CO2 in the atmosphere, temperatures were 3-4 degrees hotter and sea levels were 20m higher...)

So we'll either have to get used to it, or do something about it. We could for example start a Farangs For Mangroves program!????

How long ago was that? 

18 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

Humidity is up...humility is down!  I feel for the folks who will be exposed to this dangerous heat and humidity for hours at the time for the next few days to give the new King his proper coronation...

Hopefully plenty of bottled water and medical staff will be available...

Might spare a thought for the farm laborers and constructions workers, er al, who spend everyday outside whatever the weather might be.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dnyy said:

Yea me too. Normally running a Marathon before work and all I can do now is 30k.

Pentathlon man m'self; normally do 50km bike ride, swim 15 miles out to sea and back in the Gulf, then round it off with a 23km sprint home for breakfast before starting work at 4am. 

• Haha 2