Video: Gangs on the Thai roads conning people in contrived road accidents

webfact

8 hours ago, Pattaya28 said:

Timid by UK crooks standards.

A small tap. 

"Crash for cash" scammers have become a national disease in the UK. Invariably carried out by South Asians. Involve s slamming their brakes on in front of you causing you to crash into the back of them. Usually choose women with children or the elderly as their victims. Also sometimes have a switch in their care which temporarily disables the brake lights.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Spidey said:

"Crash for cash" scammers have become a national disease in the UK. Invariably carried out by South Asians. Involve s slamming their brakes on in front of you causing you to crash into the back of them. Usually choose women with children or the elderly as their victims. Also sometimes have a switch in their care which temporarily disables the brake lights.

Yeah, its going to be hard to catch me even with the brake lights disabled, I always drive based on distance to the vehicle in front me and the time I need to brake if their car were to slow down.....call it my human radar sense....lol I won't say I will never get caught with this trick, but it isn't going to be easy, good luck to them though. Plus this is already an issue here in Thailand, there are tons of cars out there with no rear brakes already, again....lack of enforcement by the RTP that may one day lead to serious injuries or death.

7 hours ago, peterpaintpot said:

This was reported by a local driver, not ex-pat, and I am sure that there is no clear proof of any illegal act. The driving of the pick up was scandalous and caused the "victim" to swerve and clip the car on the inside lane as he wasn't aware of the car to his left. As said already typical Thai driving, the car that swerved and clipped the third vehicle was also originally hogging the outside lane.

The car that got clipped was driving steadily and didn't appear to be a part of a plot to defraud and it looked to be in a very good condition and not the type that scanners apparently use.

You must of been watching a different video to me.

8 hours ago, essox essox said:

surely dangerous driving or even attempted manslaughter ...if car being hemmed in crashes and driver/passengers are dead ir injured...

Sure, but my point was it did not appear to be an attempt to scam - just normal Thai driving - which would obviously be punished in other countries.

17 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

@Just Weird are you paid by the government?

If so, I'd like to engage you to rip apart all your weak arguments. 

If you are simply a lost farang, I will instead pity you. 

????

No, I'm not paid by the government, but do feel free to try to rip apart my comments, just make sure that, if you do so, you use facts in your arguments.

"If you are simply a lost farang, I will instead pity you". 

There you go with something else that makes no sense.

• Like 1

I don't get how this scam is paid off. They don't target benz's, every time i see these clips they target an old pickup truck where most likely the victim doesn't even have enough money to fill his tank half full.