Thailand Miracle card KTB for foreigners

Hello,

I heard that Krung Thai Bank issued in 2012 a bank card named: miracle card. This card is for foreigner who want to be able to pay in card and wishdrawal cash in every Atm without fees. Do you know if this card is still existing? I checked on KTB website and hard to find informations about this card. Maybe this card does not exist anymore.

Do you have any informations about this card?

Thank you for your help

Have a nice day

Sent from my EML-L29 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

8 hours ago, Armand25 said:

I checked on KTB website and hard to find informations about this card. Maybe this card does not exist anymore

I’ve never run into it and have been presented for their card offerings a few times.

However, with a regular KTB debit card you can withdraw from other bank’s ATM 4 times/month without any fees.

There’s still a fee (15-20 baht) if you are in another province. I saw Krungsri had a card without this inter-region fee, but it had a higher yearly fee, so for me, it would not be worth it.

• Like 1

Detailed terms and conditions here...

https://www.cb.ktb.co.th/miracle/

After a quick look, to me anyway, it looks like this card was stored-value in nature, and was targeted for tourists, and is no longer available. Again, just my quick read.

This one looks like the only one in this category currently...

https://www.ktb.co.th/en/personal/cards/cash-card-top-up-card

Detailed terms and conditions here...

https://www.cb.ktb.co.th/miracle/

After a quick look, to me anyway, it looks like this card was stored-value in nature, and was targeted for tourists, and is no longer available. Again, just my quick read.

This one looks like the only one in this category currently...

https://www.ktb.co.th/en/personal/cards/cash-card-top-up-card
Thank you I found same informations. And in the card section of the website there is no miracle card anymore.

So I assume that no more bank cards available for tourists? Because for M pass top up card I think you need to be a Thailand resident to get it?

So I assume unfortunately that the card does not exist anymore. Indeed I am looking for a tourist bank card. I can't obtain regular bank card because I am not a permanent resident of Thailand. I want to avoid ATM fees with my traditional foreigner bank card (for each wishdrawal 250 baths + my bank fees...). That is why I am looking for an bank card for tourist as miracle Bank card did in the past.

Do you know the best way to proceed?

I’ve never run into it and have been presented for their card offerings a few times.

However, with a regular KTB debit card you can withdraw from other bank’s ATM 4 times/month without any fees.

There’s still a fee (15-20 baht) if you are in another province. I saw Krungsri had a card without this inter-region fee, but it had a higher yearly fee, so for me, it would not be worth it.

4 minutes ago, Armand25 said:

So I assume unfortunately that the card does not exist anymore. Indeed I am looking for a tourist bank card. I can't obtain regular bank card because I am not a permanent resident of Thailand. I want to avoid ATM fees with my traditional foreigner bank card (for each wishdrawal 250 baths + my bank fees...). That is why I am looking for an bank card for tourist as miracle Bank card did in the past.

Presumably you're using your own funds and therefore need a debit card. Why not a debit card like HSBC's Everyday Global Card from your home country?  It won't help you avoid the ATM fee the Thai banks extort but it does give you the Visa wholesale FX rate without any FX fees

• Like 1

My SCB debit card doesn’t charge fees and when they do it’s only like 10 baht after I’ve used a none SCB ATM machine for more than 5 times in a month.  They never charge fees when I use my Debit Card at a store or something at the cash register or whatever.  That’s why I actually like using my Thai bank account because it turns out that Thai banks are for the part a lot safer than I thought and it’s better than paying 220 baht at the ATM with your foreign debit card.  I never use my American Debit Card at the ATM anymore.  I never thought about using a Thai bank account regularly until they made it mandatory for immigration because I was nervous about putting my money into a foreign bank account at first.  

I’ve just worked in to many really shady countries before I retired places like Africa and the Middle East where fraud and corruption is rampant.  West Africa is the worst for bank and credit card fraud.  When we used to go TDY to African countries sometimes we couldn’t even use our government credit cards and we’d just travel there carrying thousands of dollars in cash for expenses.  If we were going there for say 3 months in a place like Nigeria for example we would be issued $25,000 dollars cash each for food and hotels.  In Nigeria and a lot of other countries in that area of the world if you even use your credit card anywhere you might end up with a maxed out credit card balance over night it happens all the time.

So I was naturally paranoid about foreign banks until I actually started using a Thai bank account and found out that they’re really good and when you open the account you even have to fill out United States IRS disclosure forms.  The banks here are not shady at all like I thought they’d be a long time ago.  Most of them like banks such as Bangkok Bank, SCB, and a few others are actually highly reputable.  

10 hours ago, Armand25 said:

I can't obtain regular bank card

You can, it's just not so easy.

Get a Thai speaker to help you. Look for the phone number of bank branches in your area (they have direct phone numbers, not the general hotline), either on google or on the website of the bank.

While you look up the phone numbers, let your Thai friend call them and ask if it's possible for a foreigner with a tourist visa to open a bank account at their branch without having a work permit. If they say yes, ask which documents they require exactly and the name of the person. Then get the required documents, head to the branch and ask for this person to open the account for you.

Try Krungsri, Bangkok Bank, UOB, Kasikorn and SCB, there you have a chance that a branch will open an account for you, the other banks are nearly impossible for your case.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jackdd said:

Get a Thai speaker to help you. Look for the phone number of bank branches in your area (they have direct phone numbers, not the general hotline), either on google or on the website of the bank.

While you look up the phone numbers, let your Thai friend call them and ask if it's possible for a foreigner with a tourist visa to open a bank account at their branch without having a work permit. If they say yes, ask which documents they require exactly and the name of the person. Then get the required documents, head to the branch and ask for this person to open the account for you.

Try Krungsri, Bangkok Bank, UOB, Kasikorn and SCB, there you have a chance that a branch will open an account for you, the other banks are nearly impossible for your case.

go to krungsri bank wave 1000 euro and u get an account on any visa ,if u do not have that kind of money u do not need an account anyway

Edited by wazzupnow

1 minute ago, wazzupnow said:

go to krungsri bank wave 1000 euro and u get an account on any visa ,if u do not have that kind of money u do not need an account anyway

A friend of mine who had an expired, non-extended O-A visa in his passport but is now in Thailand on a 30-day visa exemption went to his local Krungsri who happily opened an account for him last week.  He was particularly entertained by their excitement when they found the expired O-A visa which they included in the photocopies they were making

• Like 1

Thank you Thai Bunny. Indeed I get N26 bank card. I already have no bank fee on my side. My goal is to avoid ATM bank fee on Thailand Bank side (200 bath for each wishdrawal). This is not picked up by my foreign bank but by Thailand banks in every Atm.

Presumably you're using your own funds and therefore need a debit card. Why not a debit card like HSBC's Everyday Global Card from your home country?  It won't help you avoid the ATM fee the Thai banks extort but it does give you the Visa wholesale FX rate without any FX fees

Thank you Jack for this idea. I will try like that :)

Ahahah nice

A friend of mine who had an expired, non-extended O-A visa in his passport but is now in Thailand on a 30-day visa exemption went to his local Krungsri who happily opened an account for him last week.  He was particularly entertained by their excitement when they found the expired O-A visa which they included in the photocopies they were making

11 hours ago, ThaiBunny said:

A friend of mine who had an expired, non-extended O-A visa in his passport but is now in Thailand on a 30-day visa exemption went to his local Krungsri who happily opened an account for him last week

When I opened a Mee Tae Dai savings account with Krungsri they wanted to see my papers for owning a condo (which I do). I asked what if I hadn’t had a condo here, and I think they said a work permit would also be acceptable, but without either of these, granting an account would be decided on a case-by-base basis.

At the time I was on a tourist visa (METV).