Dry Cleaning In Bkk

eric1000

i cannot recall seeing any dry cleaners , are there any ??

I used the Dusit Thani hotel's on Rama 4 and Silom road dry cleaner/laundry for years, very good work but not the cheapest in town.

Nope. Not cheap but very reliable, and as you say, top class. I use 'em when I am in that area.

Sukhumvit Soi 15, Ambassador Laundry, belongs to the hotel and is located at the back entrance to the car park area.

Professional and friendly. Get a VIP (Very important pants?) - card for 10% discount.

Wife says, not expensive.

one at chitlom sky train, pretty good. Also one in the basement of Emporium which associated with the Oriental Hotel.

Now that'd be a bit costly I reckon Chris. One gets nothin' for nothin' at the Oriental I heard. :o

Very expensive yes, unless you have a nice suit (well I used to anyway!)

They also do invisible sowing, or what ever its called, when they micro repair damaged items of clothing so that you couldn't see the stiching. Only place in BKK that I found that could do that well.

• 2 weeks later...

There are lots - all over the place, you don't need to go to the Oriental or Dusit Thani etc., if you have a Thai friend just ask him / her to show you, there are at least 3 in my village here in Eastern Bangkok. (The Thai term for dry cleaning is - believe it or not - "sak haeng" if that helps).

There is a big Thai chain called Sin Chai Hua - they have what may be loosly called a Royal Warrant ..... local "in joke", ask your Thai friends!

There are lots - all over the place,

Lot of them in Yen Akart, Nang Linchee, Sathorn, ...

Only talking about the part of Bkk I live in.

Anyway, I guess you probably have to go to the "farang areas" to find them.

• 2 weeks later...

Be careful where you send out that dry cleaning! I now use the Oriental (in Emporium and Central WTC) I tried 2 others and ouch...they do not know Yohji from Yogi bear! If you have anything nice that you would miss go to Oriental, but I will also try Dusit and see how they are, I would think just as good and maybe a little cheaper. :o

• 3 years later...
  • 5 months later...