Has anyone tried Thai fortune telling??

6 minutes ago, tandor said:

...come and practice in my missus....if you can figure her out, you're a wizard.

I can do that but I still wanna get paid

For a Thousand baht fee I could say something like "If you encourage mr Tandor to go to the pub and have a Gik it will bring you great fortune" That work for you?

9 hours ago, scorecard said:

Of course it's not accurate, how old are you?

Mine was 100% accurate.   I was told that immigration policies would change in the next couple of years.

I don't know about the tarot card fortune tellers, but the Indian yogi gurus are another matter..

First time I met a guru in Delhi while travelling with a couple of Brits.. The guru insisted that he could read my mind to a degree, and if wrong no payment, but if right a donation of rupees equiv. 200bht.. I thought ok.. What is your mother's name? Oh Margaret, what a beautiful name.. Spot on.. How did he know? Think of a flower and spell it in your mind.. He laughed, you are thinking of chrysanthemum but you don't know how to spell it.. Again 100% correct.. Unbelievable.. 

One of the Anglo Brit friends was next.. The guru asked him, you are Indian but you are not? You are visiting home but you are not.. I don't understand your vibes fully.. 

The white Anglo Brit was apparently born in Kashmir, India, to missionary parents and wanted to see where he was born and lived as a young child.. Again, bloody unbelievable.. 

Fast forward about 15 years in Khaosan Road, Bangkok.. An Indian guru with a tightly wrapped turban approached me, good afternoon sir.. I interjected and stared straight into his eyes.. You want me to think of my mother's name and spell a flower in my mind, don't you?? He went white and looked as if he was looking at a ghost, and sharply retreated.. I kid you not.. 

Fast forward another 2 yrs in Soi Rambuttri near a temple I was approached by another self professed Yogi Guru from India ????????.. 

How sharp was he going to be? Very smart for even a bigger handshake.. 

I had an inkling of what to expect but he was astutely very smart.. 

He asked if I believed in god and I said I believed in a god as a creator and if he was correct how much would I give him if correct to any question put to him.. I thought I'd outsmart him and give him the impossible question to answer.. 

What was the name of my first wife, my last wife, and girlfriend I had most friction with.. And my current GF.. How much will you pay me if correct? 500bht.. You are joking yes, I think worth 1000bht if I'm correct.. And if you lie and I'm correct your god will remember that you've deceived me so be honest ok.. 

First was Maxine.. Second was Jeab.. Third was Sari.. Current GF was kind of wrong but he got her former social media name of Marvin.. HTF he got them right was unbelievable, and he wrote all names on a piece of paper which I've kept until this day.. 

He also asked me to name a fruit and my mother's name.. He came with Apple and got my mother's surname correct.. Believe it or not..

Yes a true yogi guru has magical mind power, and not easy to outsmart.. 

• Sad 1

yes I tried the fortune teller !!!...

and the fortune teller promised that soon I would not have to do the 90 day report any more....and he was right....and I did not mention a thing...only that soon I would be flying out of Thailand for the summer break????

Edited by observer90210
  • Haha 2

It's 100 % accurate! I went to see mine and he promised me that I'd be rich soon.

The next day it happened! I'd won 100 million Euros from a Nigerian Princess, in addition, my e-mail also won $ 20 million.

That was three years ago, but I'm waiting, they're honest people. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

It's 100 % accurate! I went to see mine and he promised me that I'd be rich soon.

The next day it happened! I'd won 100 million Euros from a Nigerian Princess, in addition, my e-mail also won $ 20 million.

That was three years ago, but I'm waiting, they're honest people. 

I  have some bad news, the Princess is a  ladyboy, still good  news about the  money!

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, scorecard said:

Yep,,,'it will rain in the next 2 years'.

200Baht please.

A buddy's wife is obsessed with this stuff and with buying lottery tickets and with several totally ridiculous ideas about forecasting lucky lottery tickets.

E.g. a monk told her years ago (for a fee) that she should add together the day and month (10, 10 - 10 Oct) for every member of the family oldest first and it's a guaranteed lucky number. She's been doing this for years 1,000 to 5,000Baht a month, never won 1Baht, and she's now frightened to stop because another monk told her (for a fee) if she stops serious bad luck will fall on the family with many bad accidents and many deaths. Now to cap that she refuses to go within 200Kms of the temple where the monk told her about bad luck if she stops buying tickets because another monk (for a fee) told her she has personal bad karma for that geographical location. So she now visits the temple of the last monk 2 or 3 times a week to make tambon to develop good karma.

Another one - she calls the last monk on his mobile phone after she and hubby and kids are all in the car ready to go to the supermarket for the big monthly shop up (30kms there and 30 back) just before the car moves to check if today is a good karma day for her. And it has happened the monk says NO, so trip / shopping cancelled, try again 2 days later and the car has to washed twice a day to ward off bad karma . 

And because morons like this are allowed to pass on their ridiculous superstitions to young kids the cycle of ignorance will continue.

• Like 2

I don't know about the tarot card fortune tellers, but the Indian yogi gurus are another matter..

First time I met a guru in Delhi while travelling with a couple of Brits.. The guru insisted that he could read my mind to a degree, and if wrong no payment, but if right a donation of rupees equiv. 200bht.. I thought ok.. What is your mother's name? Oh Margaret, what a beautiful name.. Spot on.. How did he know? Think of a flower and spell it in your mind.. He laughed, you are thinking of chrysanthemum but you don't know how to spell it.. Again 100% correct.. Unbelievable.. 

One of the Anglo Brit friends was next.. The guru asked him, you are Indian but you are not? You are visiting home but you are not.. I don't understand your vibes fully.. 
The white Anglo Brit was apparently born in Kashmir, India, to missionary parents and wanted to see where he was born and lived as a young child.. Again, bloody unbelievable.. 

Fast forward about 15 years in Khaosan Road, Bangkok.. An Indian guru with a tightly wrapped turban approached me, good afternoon sir.. I interjected and stared straight into his eyes.. You want me to think of my mother's name and spell a flower in my mind, don't you?? He went white and looked as if he was looking at a ghost, and sharply retreated.. I kid you not.. 

Fast forward another 2 yrs in Soi Rambuttri near a temple I was approached by another self professed Yogi Guru from India [emoji1128].. 
How sharp was he going to be? Very smart for even a bigger handshake.. 
I had an inkling of what to expect but he was astutely very smart.. 

He asked if I believed in god and I said I believed in a god as a creator and if he was correct how much would I give him if correct to any question put to him.. I thought I'd outsmart him and give him the impossible question to answer.. 

What was the name of my first wife, my last wife, and girlfriend I had most friction with.. And my current GF.. How much will you pay me if correct? 500bht.. You are joking yes, I think worth 1000bht if I'm correct.. And if you lie and I'm correct your god will remember that you've deceived me so be honest ok.. 

First was Maxine.. Second was Jeab.. Third was Sari.. Current GF was kind of wrong but he got her former social media name of Marvin.. HTF he got them right was unbelievable, and he wrote all names on a piece of paper which I've kept until this day.. 
He also asked me to name a fruit and my mother's name.. He came with Apple and got my mother's surname correct.. Believe it or not..
Yes a true yogi guru has magical mind power, and not easy to outsmart.. 

Ask him the name of my wife and I will believe you :) good story though...

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Thanks 1

There are numerous well-known psychics who work with the police in various parts of the world. They have a well-documented success rate. I have been around psychics that tell people their exact date of birth etc. 

AND there are a LOT of charlatans just looking to make some money. 

Start out thinking about this topic as "intuition". Most everyone had intuition, and some people have spent a lot of time and energy honing their intuition.

I have a family member that does readings and they are freaky accurate.  I mean FREAKY.

She has nailed several health issues 100% for me (some of them a year ahead of time.)  I know you are probably thinking "Yeah,  right,  a bunch of hokus pocus mumbo jumbo bs."   My wife skoffed at some of her predictions but stopped when they all came to fruition.

It is a black art you know.  Whenever she does a reading,  she is wiped out, exhausted afterwards.

Do you remember that movie where the little boy said "I see dead people"    Well,  she hears them sometimes...

She says it is a gift and a curse.

None of us can explain it,  but I no longer ask her questions about things, because some things are disturbing.

She tried to ingnore her abilities for years,  but finally decided to embrace it and has studied under some masters here in Thailand.  She does blessings for new buildings and cards and numerology type readings.   It is pretty trippy.

14 minutes ago, samuttodd said:

I have a family member that does readings and they are freaky accurate.  I mean FREAKY.

She has nailed several health issues 100% for me (some of them a year ahead of time.)  I know you are probably thinking "Yeah,  right,  a bunch of hokus pocus mumbo jumbo bs."   My wife skoffed at some of her predictions but stopped when they all came to fruition.

It is a black art you know.  Whenever she does a reading,  she is wiped out, exhausted afterwards.

Do you remember that movie where the little boy said "I see dead people"    Well,  she hears them sometimes...

She says it is a gift and a curse.

None of us can explain it,  but I no longer ask her questions about things, because some things are disturbing.

She tried to ingnore her abilities for years,  but finally decided to embrace it and has studied under some masters here in Thailand.  She does blessings for new buildings and cards and numerology type readings.   It is pretty trippy.

Can you tell us whether or not you smoke Ganja ?

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, KittenKong said:

For farangs here the prediction is always "I predict that you will lose your fortune", and it's usually right.

Because the fortune teller told him the fee for his service was two million Baht.

A relative of my wife is a 'fortune teller'.

He told my wife one of the most commonly asked questions by women was: Will I get a rich ferang husband?

He also said that some old women with daughters married to a ferang often ask the fortune teller to put a spell on the ferang to make him die, so they can inherit his money.

I pissed off a ferang guy I know who said his Thai wife was always keen to go to the temple, and told me she was currently at the temple down the small soi next to our house, I told him the only thing there was one house - the fortune teller.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, colinneil said:

My wife told me, before she met me a local fortune teller told her, you will marry a rich farang.

You will have 2 babies with him, and be very happy.

Look what i got she said, a farang, no money, only baby i have is you, i take care of you same baby.:cheesy:

Well at least you've got a wife with a sense of humour!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/9/2019 at 11:22 AM, samsensam said:

all you need to know, and a good read too...

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/326931.A_Fortune_Teller_Told_Me

Yes a good read.....read it twice....

I did have a Thai fortune teller reading not long ago....are they any good? what she told me hasnt come true yet....another time many years ago she was resonable accurate, should you belive? up to you. 

Had a few readings over the years in AU....its hit and miss, i do have a theory on this but in the end i prefer to hold on to my own power than to give it to someone else...

48 minutes ago, AlexRRR said:

Yes a good read.....read it twice....

I did have a Thai fortune teller reading not long ago....are they any good? what she told me hasnt come true yet....another time many years ago she was resonable accurate, should you belive? up to you. 

Had a few readings over the years in AU....its hit and miss, i do have a theory on this but in the end i prefer to hold on to my own power than to give it to someone else...

just had a reading last week and she clearly told me to not believe anything she said, she's on it ONLY for the money, had she been able to see the future she would be doing something else

• Like 1