Wife out of control

2 hours ago, thecyclist said:

There is no accounting for taste of course, but I was referring more to the personality than to appearance. All regions, of course, have decent girls, but I found most of the gold diggers and 'Princesses' are fromthe northern and isan regions ;Even the bargirls/prostitutes in the south are not locals, but northern white (for Malaysians) and darkish isan for farangs :Do a tour of the Pukhet bars, and just like Pattaya, 80% isan. 

I don't know about Bangkok princesses but I would entirely agree that the Issarn mindset is predatory. There is a certain expectation that a poor, uneducated woman and her family will be taken care of and then some by the hapless farang. Nothing short of a lottery really. Meanwhile, the guy that ran out on her makes 11k a month - when he's working. My MiL was born in Issarn and my wife had to really spell it out for her that she had a great retirement plan and just stay out of her business.

I've nothing to do with bargirls for a decade but seems even then they had stopped trying to marry and just looking for big, fast money. Not many guys still marrying bargirls I suppose.

I'm really shocked at the sense of entitlement in the OP. Try to have quality time together, help her but by bit, build something for your retirement together and to leave something when we're gone. Living is damned expensive, especially old and retired. Selfish malcontent. Well, she can be alone now...better for her I guess.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SenorJorge said:

They all have their ups and downs.  The reason the bars are mostly esan women is that is the poorest part of thailand and many of them feel like they have no other choice.  Also I'm not sure which esan chicks you are talking about, I guess bar girls who have spent too much time out on pattaya beach with their farang play dates.  Usually esan girls are lighter skin than central and southern thais.  It's pattaya that makes them dark. In my experience all thai women who seek relationships with foreign men do so because you plain and simply have more resources than their thai counterparts.  That goes for the Muslim southerners and the thai Chinese from bangkok as well.  There's varying degrees of bad, you go from "I want you to pay me 80k baht per month to be your wife" to just wanting some dude with a stable pension under her roof.  But is that really any different than back home?  How many geezers with major health problems do you know in farangland with bombshell blondes who aren't forking over a pretty penny to them?  It's just the way things are.  It's not a Thai issue it's a global issue.

Not true :The poorest part of Thailand used to be(and might still be) the southernmost provinces. Isan has made a lot of progress :of course all rural areas are way behind Greater Bangkok. There cn be no doubt that poverty and lack of education play a major role in the decision of a girl to sell her body. That, nevertheless, does not explain the enormous discrepancies between the south and isan:Plenty of uneducated poor women in the south, but they hardly ever enter prostitution. It is something about their mentality as well :isanites and southerners get not along well. Initially I thought it was just central arrogance and prejudice when I was told over and over again by Bangkokians that isanites are lazy, stupid and dirty, but over the decades here I came to realize that there is some truth to it :On average isanites are lazier and dumber :years ago there was a report in the Bangkok Post on a comparative IQ study:the figures I remember are :average IQ:        Bangkok 96, South 94, Isan 89

46 minutes ago, thecyclist said:

Not true :The poorest part of Thailand used to be(and might still be) the southernmost provinces. Isan has made a lot of progress :of course all rural areas are way behind Greater Bangkok. There cn be no doubt that poverty and lack of education play a major role in the decision of a girl to sell her body. That, nevertheless, does not explain the enormous discrepancies between the south and isan:Plenty of uneducated poor women in the south, but they hardly ever enter prostitution. It is something about their mentality as well :isanites and southerners get not along well. Initially I thought it was just central arrogance and prejudice when I was told over and over again by Bangkokians that isanites are lazy, stupid and dirty, but over the decades here I came to realize that there is some truth to it :On average isanites are lazier and dumber :years ago there was a report in the Bangkok Post on a comparative IQ study:the figures I remember are :average IQ:        Bangkok 96, South 94, Isan 89

I've been involved with esan people forever here.  They're hard workers and poor.  The reason I've discovered bangkokians have an issue with them really is overt racism.  They're ethnicall Lao and not Thai.  They don't like me much either.  Hispanic.

4 minutes ago, SenorJorge said:

I've been involved with esan people forever here.  They're hard workers and poor.  The reason I've discovered bangkokians have an issue with them really is overt racism.  They're ethnicall Lao and not Thai.  They don't like me much either.  Hispanic.

Well..they don't like any of us very much.

26 minutes ago, OneEyedPie said:

You should get over to the moving to Latin America thread.  They'll love you there. 

Well some do, some don't, I guess the same as everywhere.  I'm seen as overly privileged back in Guatemala for many reasons.  European background, born and raised in america.  Jealousy factor I guess.  I'm okay here.  When I get my health straightened back out in India or in the USA, it'll be right back to good times here in Siam.  I'm just overly pessimistic now probably because I'm in a lot of pain.  Chronic pain makes people crazy man.

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

sounds like a nut case to me. Get rid of her quickly. Pay her way back to see family in Thailand and when she leaves ....  you disappear forever.

I would just book a flight with a layover in dubai or in Beijing.  Get a tourist visa to uae or china before you go.  Slip away to grab a coffee, smokes, or a supper, ditch the phone, and exit the airport.  Problem solved.

6 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I've set my limit at 10k, there's always been plenty keen to move in at that price.

Good plan, mine was 3k which I sent to her family every month. She was happy with that at first cos I took care of everything else - and that mounts up too - i gues today it would add 10k extra ie 300B/day

BUT where it went wrong was when she started mixing with other guys tarts. first thing asked is "how much he give you?".  One of the Aussie flash gits told us he gave his tart B15k  this really put shit in the fan.  I spoilt my relationship , there was always a black mood around the corner.  I sen t her back to her village with money and didnt return her calls.  You have to be cruel to be kind to yourself.  A month later a pal said he saw her in a bar working, a month after that she was seen flouncing around with a young blonde scandi, I heard she went to sweden

I didnt have any more live ins after that - when shit loses its polish

i had a mate many years ago, married a Phillipino, same scenario,, she became a nightmare, it was getting him down, she goes home to visit family, kept sending messages, send money i need for air fare, to return, he never replied . sold the house and moved away. result, never heard from her again..

10 hours ago, thecyclist said:

there was a report in the Bangkok Post on a comparative IQ study:the figures I remember are :average IQ:        Bangkok 96, South 94, Isan 89

I couldn't believe these as they seem just too low. From 1959-1992 IQ below 85 was considered retarded. In 1992 it was revised to below 75 but in some cases below 80. An average of 89 would mean a good portion of the population is actually retarded. Found this which does confirm Thai Lao (Isaan) and Thai Malay (southernmost) as the lowest IQ scores: https://prachatai.com/english/node/6684

To sum it up: the reasons for such a huge difference between most of Thailand to Issan is iodine deficiency and malnutrition at childhood, and education.

Buttom line? At least when it comes to "normal" job skills and otherwise - yes - Isaan girls are less capable than other areas of the country. Someone with a low 80's IQ score can't really do any complicated jobs, so it really is a choice between working the field, factory, or pussy. Explains a lot about Thailand as a whole and some of the more <deleted> moments here...

53 minutes ago, Pravda said:

If they're retarded how cum they are so good at money extraction multitasking?

Well there are two people in every relationship. One has to wonder what the male partners number is. Any published data on that?????

10 hours ago, SenorJorge said:

I would just book a flight with a layover in dubai or in Beijing.  Get a tourist visa to uae or china before you go.  Slip away to grab a coffee, smokes, or a supper, ditch the phone, and exit the airport.  Problem solved.

Not necessary to ditch the whole phone,$$$.   Just take out the sim - haha.   

1 hour ago, wisperone said:

Well there are two people in every relationship. One has to wonder what the male partners number is. Any published data on that?????

This. Some guys are so incredibly desperate and gullible (or just stupid) that they'll swallow lies fed to them no matter how ridiculous. Sick buffalo comes to mind...

Also keep in mind that IQ measures things like math, pattern recognition, etc. - it does not measure the ability to lie. Crying on cue is probably easier when you're dumb and don't overthink it. And women in general are better than men at manipulation and control, and with practice and experience comes perfection.

Buttom line? At least when it comes to "normal" job skills and otherwise - yes - Isaan girls are less capable than other areas of the country:Even within isan there seem to be differences:Kalasin, Roi Et, Muktahan seem to be the worst talking to grown-ups there is like conversing with third-graders(isn't a language barrier thing as my Thai is good enough to converse with most Thais. So, yes, a lot of them are borderline retarded. The ones that make it to the bars of Pattaya, Bangkok, Phuket aren't even the dumbest of the lot :smart enough enough to milk the Farang cows, do udder comparisons and know when the cow is out milk and when to start looking for new grazing ground. 

And, one has to add that most of the Farang expats aren't the Nobel prize winning kind. To use a Trumpian term:Farang land isnt sending Thailand its finest. 

On 5/14/2019 at 6:47 AM, BritManToo said:

And how come they're so good at learning different languages?

Although they do not usually become fluent , they learn perhaps 100-200 words  and end up using about the same 50 words over and over again , just enough to have simple conversations in bars .

Unless they are talking about food , drinking , sex or money or stating that someone is "crazy" , they cannot converse on much more than that 

On 5/10/2019 at 7:01 AM, BritManToo said:

Take her for a luxury 'makeup honeymoon' in Thailand then return to the UK without telling her.

Inform immigration you are no longer together to invalidate her VISA.

Or do it the cheap way, send her and say you come in a few days as you have business to finish.

Lay a grand on her and say enjoy shopping.

Then tell Immigration she has left forever

I really only know about 50 words in Thai.  Enough to get around.  I don't care about learning more because I live in udon where it's not the primary language.  There's that fact and the fact that when I speak thai in bangkok people blatantly act like they don't understand me just to be jerks.  Me in Thai:  I would like to purchase this RED one please.  I will pay you fifty baht.  Thai shopkeeper in horribly broken English, holding up the item, and taking my fifty baht bill simultaneously;  I no understand you thai, u speaking English?  Where you from you no speaking english? Whatever.

On 5/10/2019 at 12:04 AM, Kenny202 said:

What is the deal there do you have to re sponsor her?

Thanks for your kind words -

Yes, I have to re-sponser her. But last night she started going on about demanding her ILR - and she would be fighting for that instead.

How long does she have until the visa expires? I assume she will have to leave the country and come back again. Promise her the world re you will organise her return to the UK. Tell her you have found a guy who will organise her a permanent visa under the table so you will be lodging the application. Get her to fill the forms in etc. Thats when you make your move...or better still make no move.

5 months I think ...

She can apply from here, she does not need to leave again.

I had already considered this idea - but this is where she is threatening me - IF ANYTHING goes wrong, she will go to the police and tell them that I have abused her.

Lie like a mongrel if you need to.

I cannot do that.

You will find many of these people are cunning, but they are not smart. Once she is back in Thailand Sianara. Block her from everything. Usually they make a lot of threats etc but are too lazy to follow up on anything and at the end of the day she probably has nothing anyway.

She has a very well to do family in Thailand.

She has lived in the UK for many years before I met her.

She is clever, and gets lots of advice from her friends.

When things would get to the point of no return with mine she would become like an angel for 2 months or so, then the old nightmare would return.

yep, that is exactly it.

2 minutes ago, Glorfindal said:

IF ANYTHING goes wrong, she will go to the police and tell them that I have abused her.

I would be going directly to a lawyer and then with them as counsel to the police. Spill this into the open now via the right channels. You are being threatened. Don't be weak. Go to a lawyer today, go to the police and get your life sorted out now. If she stays, it is only going to get worse.

On 5/15/2019 at 3:04 PM, SenorJorge said:

I really only know about 50 words in Thai.  Enough to get around.  I don't care about learning more because I live in udon where it's not the primary language.  There's that fact and the fact that when I speak thai in bangkok people blatantly act like they don't understand me just to be jerks.  Me in Thai:  I would like to purchase this RED one please.  I will pay you fifty baht.  Thai shopkeeper in horribly broken English, holding up the item, and taking my fifty baht bill simultaneously;  I no understand you thai, u speaking English?  Where you from you no speaking english? Whatever.

Spot on :I am fairly fluent, and it still happens to me:They ignore my Thai, and answer with phrases indicative of a 10 word vocabulary,mainly consisting of you you you no no farang farang 

I hate to say it but I wish I had a nickel for every sad story I've heard like this.  I'd be a millionaire a million times over.  The funny thing is I've been a repeat victim in se Asia myself.  One bad experience with crime in Latin America and I won't go back.  I had every intention of returning before I met my current wife.  Friendlier people, better weather, easier immigration, cheaper, what else can I say?  The crime is a for real thing in Latin America though.  It's incredible.  Nothing like you've ever seen.  But I keep coming back to Asia.  That is the basis of addiction.  You keep doing the same behavior even though you know it's harmful.

On 5/10/2019 at 2:12 AM, CLS said:

Not sure if I should reply. Now I do it anyhow.

It’s a disease called psychopathy. Especially spread over large parts of Isaan. Google it. There are studies on this subject.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Boy, his reply made you look like a right tool! Best laugh I've had here forever. Thanks!

On 5/10/2019 at 3:40 AM, impulse said:

Is recording someone without their consent legal in the UK?

I think the preponderance of public CCTV in the UK answers that question. 

Recording someone in a change room or toilet might be different, but everyday activity, including anti-social behaviour? Its perfectly legal.

Archived