Residence Certificate and selling a car/motorcycle.

Not sure which forum to post this in, but I am sure UbonJoe will redirect it if I am in the wrong place.

A friend of mine was recently taken ill and returned to the UK for medical care. Unfortunately he has been told he has terminal cancer ant will not be returning to Thailand.

He has tasked me to sell his belongings in Thailand.

He owns a car and a motorbike. I understand that I need a copy of his Passport, current visa, power attorney and a residence certificate or work permit.

I have all of the above, except a residence certificate ( he never had a work permit, retired).

I also have a signed copy of his landlords tabien ban and ID card.

Can I get a residence certificate on his behalf? Or am I in the situation of having to sell the car/motorbike a a vastly reduced price as they will have to remain in his name and cannot be transfered.

A little advice please.

Thanks in advance.

Just realised, this clearly is in the wrong forum, can a Mod move it for me or should I repost elsewhere?

Edited by BigBadGeordie
Addendum
  • Like 1

I'm not sure if you can get a Residence Certificate if your friend isn't resident. ie not doing 90 day reports.

Not sure where this post belongs, certainly not here, I'll move it to the the motoring section where somebody may be able to advise.

I'm sorry to hear about your friends condition.

• Thanks 1

Maybe a resident certificate in your name, as you are POA, would be acceptable by DLT.

If you think about it, you will be acting as POA so its possibly your documents the DLT will want as you are selling the bike.

Edited by Peterw42

18 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Maybe a resident certificate in your name, as you are POA, would be acceptable by DLT.

If you think about it, you will be acting as POA so its possibly your documents the DLT will want as you are selling the bike.

A valid point, I will check that option out.

Thanks for the idea.