Trial date set for Elon Musk's 'pedo guy' tweet

rooster59

1 hour ago, Wilsonandson said:

Yes, yes, but for Thailand....

If I was Elon, lost the case, last thing I would do is come back to a place that has affected me so negatively. Last place I'd think of investing in. So in my mind, Vernon is not helping in Elon investing his money and time here. Just my opinion. That is why I would have prefered that this didn't drag on and maybe one day Elon might move on to and build a Tesla factory here. Creating thousands of jobs and helping the Thai economy.

The Court case is being held in the USA , if the USA Court find  Musk to be guilty , will Musk be going bck home to South Africa and closing Tesla down ?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Dukeleto said:

I have to wonder if Musk was worth nothing if Mr. Unsworth would be pursuing the matter after receiving an apology from Musk. 

Wait, Musk never apologized to Vern or retracted the allegation , he was forced by his Company to opologise for making the tweet 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

He co-led the mission due to having spent years exploring that cave, but you are just plain wrong about him, he is a diver and he is experienced in cave rescue back in the UK, but as far as I know he did not dive on this mission, he's old, it would be crazy to use him.  Not that that means he didn't put his life on the line, he was deep in the cave where there was a real chance of flooding and getting trapped, hundreds put their life on the line, not just the lead divers.  Now do stop posting your wild speculations.

I stand corrected on him being a diver but I’ve found nothing in several news stories that said he actually went in as part of the rescue team.

He did recommend several divers he knew from the UK and used his knowledge of the cave to help plan the rescue, but I’ve not seen anything that places him in the cave during rescue operations.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Hank Gunn said:

I stand corrected on him being a diver but I’ve found nothing in several news stories that said he actually went in as part of the rescue team.

He did recommend several divers he knew from the UK and used his knowledge of the cave to help plan the rescue, but I’ve not seen anything that places him in the cave during rescue operations.

You not being able to find something doesn't mean it didn't happen, this is what I was getting at with the stop speculating comment.  There was actually footage of him in his caving gear walking out of the cave.  Anyway, why the need to do this?  Perhaps you're s tad insecure?

• Like 1

In  today's climate about sex trafficking, Thailand's visual crackdown,I think being labeled a pedo is a big thing.   Stick to space X ELon.   It is so cool to see a rocket land on it's ass on a barge at Sea.   

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

You not being able to find something doesn't mean it didn't happen, this is what I was getting at with the stop speculating comment.  There was actually footage of him in his caving gear walking out of the cave.  Anyway, why the need to do this?  Perhaps you're s tad insecure?

I’ve read several news stories about this incident and none of them mentioned him actually diving during the actual rescue. They only mentioned his experience as a caver/spelunker and his knowledge of the cave. The stories further stated that this knowledge was instrumental in planning the rescue. 

All of the the stories I read said nothing about him actually diving and yet, seeing as that would be a significant contribution, in addition to his knowledge of the cave, it seems odd that that would be omitted from those stories.

I’ve recently done a Google search on this and the only thing I’ve found is information about the lawsuit and the fellow divers from the UK that he recommended.

Perhaps the video you saw was what the press calls “stock footage” of him and was not necessarily from this rescue. Perhaps it’s you who is speculating. I honestly don’t know but as I said, I’ve seen nothing to indicate him actually diving during this rescue.

Also, I don’t know why you resort to ad hominem attacks. Why would I be insecure in questioning what appears to be an exaggeration. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised, seeing as you called me a liar on another thread without any backing proof.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Dukeleto said:

I have to wonder if Musk was worth nothing if Mr. Unsworth would be pursuing the matter after receiving an apology from Musk. After all, telling someone who was trying to help you, to stick a submarine clearly up their own arse is uncouth, uncalled for and was attention grabbing and inflammatory. Unsworth could have done the gentlemanly thing and let bygones be bygones but the scent of money and a comfortable retirement seem to be his only objective disguised as indignation in a spat between school yard boys on social media. So what if the whole playground heard it! In my opinion Mr. Unsworth has gone from "Hero" to someone who pans for gold, lest I too find myself facing a lawsuit for saying something more directly, and any kudos he received for those rescue efforts are now somewhat tarnished. Sure Elon was out of line but so was Mr. Unsworth and its a mountain out of a molehill scenario. I do hope, in this case, that the jury sees this for what it is and tosses it out. Both of them simply need to shake hands and BOTH apologise for passing childish comments! I mean honestly, I think Unsworth saying that particular statement to someone like Musk appears to be borderline premeditated in order to achieve this exact result! I am unimpressed by both men.

i had an accident in a hotel recently in L.A.  no apologies from the mgt. not gift basket.  i am suing them.  injury and insult.  they could have avoided the law suit with a simple we are sorry, how can we help.  i understand this suit. to  these billionaires and corporations $$$ is the only thing they understand.  kick them where it hurts.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Hank Gunn said:

I’ve read several news stories about this incident and none of them mentioned him actually diving during the actual rescue. They only mentioned his experience as a caver/spelunker and his knowledge of the cave. The stories further stated that this knowledge was instrumental in planning the rescue. 

All of the the stories I read said nothing about him actually diving and yet, seeing as that would be a significant contribution, in addition to his knowledge of the cave, it seems odd that that would be omitted from those stories.

I’ve recently done a Google search on this and the only thing I’ve found is information about the lawsuit and the fellow divers from the UK that he recommended.

Perhaps the video you saw was what the press calls “stock footage” of him and was not necessarily from this rescue. Perhaps it’s you who is speculating. I honestly don’t know but as I said, I’ve seen nothing to indicate him actually diving during this rescue.

Also, I don’t know why you resort to ad hominem attacks. Why would I be insecure in questioning what appears to be an exaggeration. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised, seeing as you called me a liar on another thread without any backing proof.

I wrote

"but as far as I know he did not dive on this mission, he's old, it would be crazy to use him"

Yet here you are once again banging on about not finding anything about him diving, get this through your head, no one is claiming he did!  What they do is refer to him as a cave rescue diver, which is a fact you also previously denied yet were forced to backtrack on, why do you do this?

No, it was not stock footage, it was the news reporting from the site.

Exaggeration, what, where?  What you are experiencing is your own wild speculation based on an inability to use a search function and an inability to ubderstand the meaning of that which you read.

Here he is returning from an initial reckie inside the cave.

663606227_images(1).jpeg.723c6463ea01361236984bd374a0b02f.jpeg

And its just normal to question your desperate need to have his involvement proven to you, it really does make you appear very insecure.

2 hours ago, theonetrueaussie said:

Yes this is gonna be great I cannot wait for Musk to unload all Unsworth's dirty laundry from his past in court. Especially if it was true!!! Vern started all this anyways shoulda just kept his mouth shut!

If Musk had an evidence of his allegations , he would not have tried to get the case thrown out of Court .

Its people such as yourself who believe what Musk said , is the reason why this Court case needs to happen .

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, malibukid said:

i had an accident in a hotel recently in L.A.  no apologies from the mgt. not gift basket.  i am suing them.  injury and insult.  they could have avoided the law suit with a simple we are sorry, how can we help.  i understand this suit. to  these billionaires and corporations $$$ is the only thing they understand.  kick them where it hurts.

It would depend on how your accident occured and whether or not the hotel is to blame in some way, I'll be damned if I will appologize for something which is in no way my fault whether it occurs on my property or not.

7 hours ago, pacovl46 said:

Well, be careful what you wish for. Musk literally asked Unsworth to sue him. 

That was more deceptiveness from Musk .

Verns Lawyers had already began legal proceedings a month BEFORE Musk made that public statement . 

Verns Lawyers sent Musks Lawyers notice of legal proceedings , Musk then went public "asking" Vern to sue him .

Musk was deceiving people into thinking that he asked to be sued , when the reality was that legal action had already been taken 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, sanemax said:

That was more deceptiveness from Musk .

Verns Lawyers had already began legal proceedings a month BEFORE Musk made that public statement . 

Verns Lawyers sent Musks Lawyers notice of legal proceedings , Musk then went public "asking" Vern to sue him .

Musk was deceiving people into thinking that he asked to be sued , when the reality was that legal action had already been taken 

Nearly true, but not quite;

https://moneymaven.io/mishtalk/economics/musk-reignites-pedo-controversy-practically-begging-to-be-sued-guess-what-Gb0dyVH2RUSelfDi8K-YjA/

On the 6th of August, a letter was sent to Musk informing him that they were preparing to issue proceedings. An opportunity for Musk to settle the case in advance.

He did nothing of the sort, other than to make more stupid statements three weeks later, asking why Unsworth hadn't sued him. Again, making the suggestion that Unsworth was what he suggested.

The next day Unsworth's lawyer stated they were finalising the libel complaint.

So there were no legal proceeding beforehand, just a notice.

Musk isn't looking as intelligent as some would like to believe.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, KneeDeep said:

Nearly true, but not quite;

https://moneymaven.io/mishtalk/economics/musk-reignites-pedo-controversy-practically-begging-to-be-sued-guess-what-Gb0dyVH2RUSelfDi8K-YjA/

On the 6th of August, a letter was sent to Musk informing him that they were preparing to issue proceedings. An opportunity for Musk to settle the case in advance.

He did nothing of the sort, other than to make more stupid statements three weeks later, asking why Unsworth hadn't sued him. Again, making the suggestion that Unsworth was what he suggested.

The next day Unsworth's lawyer stated they were finalising the libel complaint.

So there were no legal proceeding beforehand, just a notice.

Musk isn't looking as intelligent as some would like to believe.

A letter of intention to sue following faiure to compensate would be the normal first step in initiating legal proceedings, without it they would not be able to sue them, you have to give them the chance to settle first, so it could be said that it had begun feom the moment he ignored the letter.

And considering his recent moves to devalue his share prices, I wouldn't assume this is not all a well calculated plan to do the same.

Edited by Kieran00001

4 hours ago, billd766 said:

But Musk does not own all of Tesla nor does he rule the roost anymore. The board of directors can remove him or ignore him if they wish to build a factory in Thailand. His word alone is just that of one man.

Plus, what about the rights of one human being, Vernon. 

Sorry but I don't buy the idea that musk might not invest in Thailand, in reality big professional companies make decisions whether to invest in other countries on numerous economic etc., factors, not on past arguments with one lone man who after all is a resident of Thailand rather than a citizen of Thailand. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Wilsonandson said:

Guy just tried to help.

This is just a topic for Musk haters to hate on.

Elontweet.png

How nice, but I'm wondering how much detail all of these posters had when they posted? Were they well informed about the scenario, what was already happening to get the boys out, the specific difficulties, the small size of the zig zag passages etc? 

• Like 1