Trial date set for Elon Musk's 'pedo guy' tweet

rooster59

Musk did try to help , he also used the situation to publicise himself and his Company .
Thousands of people were involved in the rescue , putting their lives at risk in dangerous conditions and none of them spoke to the media .
   Musk was above ground , getting congratulated and publicizing his companies and the abilities of his drilling machines .
   He turned it into the "Elon Musk Space X rescue mission" , he took all the credit whilst people were working hard in the caves .
   That is why Vern had so much annoyance with him 

He didn't turn it into anything. Google 'Elon Musk helps Thailand cave boys'. See the many media articles describing it as a humble gesture.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Wilsonandson said:

He didn't turn it into anything. Google 'Elon Musk helps Thailand cave boys'. See the many media articles describing it as a humble gesture.

That is the point , he got all that publicity , he was on television telling everyone about his drilling machines that he hoped to send to Mars  and how long that it would take to drill down to the boys .

It was all about him .

All the people involved the rescue were not talking to the media , and he was in TV studios giving a running commentary and how hes making a submarine and sending a drilling machine over , the resuce was all about him and his efforts 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Musk is an out of control maniac. An obviously clever man, but one with an outsized ego, and little common sense. He deserves what is coming, and one can only hope he pays dearly, for slandering the name of a good man, needlessly, and based entirely on perceived petty ego bruising. Musk knew nothing about the cave structure, yet pretended to be an expert. When he was corrected, he went ballistic. If he were not so successful, and apparently smart, I would have to say he is a moron. 

The unfortunate part of this lawsuit, is that Musk has alot of cash to throw at a legal team, and the bigger guy usually wins in the US. Not always the case though. Let us hope Musk gets his butt handed to him.

Let us hope that Unsworth is as pure as the driven snow. If there is even the tiniest hint Musks lawyers will find it and exploit it. After living

in Thailand for a not inconsiderable period who knows what they might dig up on Unsworth.

I'll keep an open mind on all of this and let due process decide the outcome.

9 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

Let us hope that Unsworth is as pure as the driven snow. If there is even the tiniest hint Musks lawyers will find it and exploit it. After living

in Thailand for a not inconsiderable period who knows what they might dig up on Unsworth.

I'll keep an open mind on all of this and let due process decide the outcome.

You are also saying that Westerners who live in Thailand are probably pedos ?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wilsonandson said:

Guy just tried to help.

This is just a topic for Musk haters to hate on.

Elontweet.png

But he didn't just try to help, you wouldn't even know about it if he hadn't gone public with it, tell me, how many other designs do you know about, there were several others who also put their designs to them, but quietly and so you've not even heard.  Musk shouted about his, and then when they chose tried and tested cave rescue equioment over his untested prototype, he called him a pedo, he's a big baby and I think you know that really.

As for your post, a few twitter supporters on Musks side, and your point is?

25 minutes ago, sanemax said:

25 minutes ago, sanemax said:

You words not mine. Is that a statement or a question? Quite confusing.

2 hours ago, sanemax said:

Musk did try to help , he also used the situation to publicise himself and his Company .

Thousands of people were involved in the rescue , putting their lives at risk in dangerous conditions and none of them spoke to the media .

Musk was above ground , getting congratulated and publicizing his companies and the abilities of his drilling machines .

He turned it into the "Elon Musk Space X rescue mission" , he took all the credit whilst people were working hard in the caves .

That is why Vern had so much annoyance with him 

Musk was about as useless as PM Prayut who raided the place with his army of media people and claimed he was a big help. Musk is in deep, deep poo financially. His company is 10 billion in debt. That's why Unsworth is only going for $75,000. A little is better than nothing.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Wilsonandson said:

That's what Vernon wants, but I hope Elon drags it out for years as a hobby. Until Vernon runs out of ways to pay his legal fees.

One day you may become the helpless victim of someone far richer than you, which is not unlikely in Thailand, and I bet you'll be squealling about injustice when it does.

As for running out of legal fees, his lawyer is going to cover that until Musk pays, and this guy has integrity, he will stick with him until the end.  He represented the miners against Thatcher, he has fought against governments many times, he represented Julian Assagne, the victims of Lockerbie, families of soldiers killed in Iraq, he's taken on Shell and McDonalds.  He is more than a little used to fighting against those with endless funding. He's not like you, he doesn't believe money triumphs over what is right, and he also has a long record of winning.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

I wrote

"but as far as I know he did not dive on this mission, he's old, it would be crazy to use him"

Yet here you are once again banging on about not finding anything about him diving, get this through your head, no one is claiming he did!  What they do is refer to him as a cave rescue diver, which is a fact you also previously denied yet were forced to backtrack on, why do you do this?

No, it was not stock footage, it was the news reporting from the site.

Exaggeration, what, where?  What you are experiencing is your own wild speculation based on an inability to use a search function and an inability to ubderstand the meaning of that which you read.

Here he is returning from an initial reckie inside the cave.

663606227_images(1).jpeg.723c6463ea01361236984bd374a0b02f.jpeg

And its just normal to question your desperate need to have his involvement proven to you, it really does make you appear very insecure.

Okay, get this through your head. My initial comments did not reference any post of yours, so I don't know why you're quoting yourself to try to prove I'm wrong about what you said.

I merely stated that his being referenced as a "hero diver" by some people on this forum (there have been other threads about this topic) and in the press didn't match up with what I read.

I guess that shows my "inability to use a search function". (There were on the first page of a Google search.)

When you see those terms used in the context of this story, (a cave rescue requiring diving) it's quite easy to see that there's an implication that he was right there with the Thai Navy Seals. That's all I'm saying. Yes, I was wrong about him being a diver, but that was from information I gleaned from an earlier story and you'll notice I was humble enough to admit my ignorance of that fact.

Look, I'm not denigrating the guy. I'm just saying calling him a "hero" is a bit of hyperbole and I stand by my original premise. His contributions were laudable yes; most likely critical. But to call him a "hero diver" is a bit over the top.

22 minutes ago, Hank Gunn said:

"I always think it's a sign of victory when they move on the ad hominem." - Christopher Hitchens

And that, I might add, is your modus operandi in spades.

As for Hitchins, he just hid behind that phrase, he had it coming the old biggot.

8 hours ago, Hank Gunn said:

I don’t know why everyone is making Unsworth out as a hero, or even labeling him a “diver”. Put his life on the line? Hardly.

First, he’s not a diver and as far as I know, wasn’t directly (i.e. physically) involved in the rescue. He is a spelunker who had been in that cave many times during the dry season and knew it very well. His knowledge of the cave was undoubtedly a very big help in the rescue, but he was, as far as I know, not going in with the Thai Navy divers,

So what?

His personal knowledge of the cave and his knowledge of those people who did go in were far more valuable than some little tosser like Musk who got in to milk the publicity and get a name for himself.

8 hours ago, sanemax said:

The Court case is being held in the USA , if the USA Court find  Musk to be guilty , will Musk be going back home to South Africa and closing Tesla down ?

How can he close Tesla down? He is not the owner as it is a public company, while he may be the CEO he has a board who can overrule him.

He is just a spoilt brat who thinks that he knows it all. 

That's what Vernon wants, but I hope Elon drags it out for years as a hobby. Until Vernon runs out of ways to pay his legal fees.

Vern Unsworths lawyers are working on a contingency basis. Try reading ALL of the posts and not just cherry picking. He won't have any lawyers fees.

https://www.warriorsforjustice.com/everything-need-know-contingency-fee-no-win-no-fee-lawyers/

http://www.linwoodlaw.com/attorney/l-lin-wood/

http://www.linwoodlaw.com/

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/dec/27/elon-musk-pedo-diver-vernon-unsworth-defamation-lawsuit-dismiss

https://twitter.com/llinwood/status/1041756581749313536

https://www.businessinsider.com/elon-musk-diver-vern-unsworths-defamation-lawsuit-dismissed-2018-12

19 minutes ago, billd766 said:

How can he close Tesla down? He is not the owner as it is a public company, while he may be the CEO he has a board who can overrule him.

He is just a spoilt brat who thinks that he knows it all. 

I think the point was that as a convict he should lose his immigration status, as happens to those who are not billionaires.

the overwhelming majority of posters on here seem to be taking Vernons side and are backing it up with reasoned arguments .....do you by chance have any connection with Mr Musk that you have not yet revealed that may enlighten us all as to why you continue to take his side in this matter?

3 minutes ago, johnnyonesock said:

the overwhelming majority of posters on here seem to be taking Vernons side and are backing it up with reasoned arguments .....do you by chance have any connection with Mr Musk that you have not yet revealed that may enlighten us all as to why you continue to take his side in this matter?

Oh please stop, I can't take you all on. You're crushing me. Oh the pressure of TVF posters is too much!

elon-musk-ash-carter-metal-suitsjpg.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hank Gunn said:

Okay, get this through your head. My initial comments did not reference any post of yours, so I don't know why you're quoting yourself to try to prove I'm wrong about what you said.

I merely stated that his being referenced as a "hero diver" by some people on this forum (there have been other threads about this topic) and in the press didn't match up with what I read.

I guess that shows my "inability to use a search function". (There were on the first page of a Google search.)

When you see those terms used in the context of this story, (a cave rescue requiring diving) it's quite easy to see that there's an implication that he was right there with the Thai Navy Seals. That's all I'm saying. Yes, I was wrong about him being a diver, but that was from information I gleaned from an earlier story and you'll notice I was humble enough to admit my ignorance of that fact.

Look, I'm not denigrating the guy. I'm just saying calling him a "hero" is a bit of hyperbole and I stand by my original premise. His contributions were laudable yes; most likely critical. But to call him a "hero diver" is a bit over the top.

it was Vernon who initially went to see the boss of the Chiang Rai district and persuaded him to call in the cave divers from the UK who were also friends of Vern and worlds leading experts in their field.....knowing the Thai obsession with face it was actually Vernons persistence,his contacts and his knowledge of the cave system that was fundamental to those boys getting out....a few more days of delay and the situation would have turned into a tragedy...I would say that makes him a super hero

42 minutes ago, billd766 said:

So what?

His personal knowledge of the cave and his knowledge of those people who did go in were far more valuable than some little tosser like Musk who got in to milk the publicity and get a name for himself.

So you're saying, because his value to the rescue efforts were greater than Musk's, he's a hero. Hmm. Interesting logic there.

• Like 1