Deported but own real estate? What would happen?

On 5/12/2019 at 8:05 AM, bkk6060 said:

Just another example of the lack of flexibility owning affords.

Which is why smart people rent....

The irony really is rich, because the stupid owners love the smart renters such as yourself. 

5 hours ago, taninthai said:

555 pretty smart don’t think it’s ever pretty smart to rent properties your whole life ,,,his rent in Thailand is actually more then my mortgage on  my little 1 bed flat in London.

Rent paid to a landlord, interest paid to a bank. What's the difference?

56 minutes ago, Benroon said:

and you lived for free right ? No electricity, water, communal fees, repairs etc etc 

As for your fund returning 8% - what was it returning in 2008 in the crash ? - or perhaps the correction in the fourth quarter just last year ? - averaged that out yet ?

Rent money on a long term basis is dead money in any country in the world  - you are still buying a house, you are just buying it for someone else !

I guess you still need to pay electricity and water even if you own the place. Communal fees and repairs are paid by the landlord.

My fund is Unisuper go to their web page and check the returns for yourself. House prices in the US have barely recovered from 2008. Stock market recovered long ago.

No one is buying the house if it is already owned. Rather they are providing a return on investment for the owner.

2 hours ago, StevieAus said:

Thrown out, I know people who have lived here 40 years plus but they are honest, you must have some hidden past, and as far as property and land my Thai wife and I have made very good profits on our investments.

Sorry you live such. Sad life in this great land

Your wife has made the property profits.

1 hour ago, Benroon said:

you get a 30 year RENEWABLE lease - Fixed it for yer

At the end of the day I look at a lot of properties and I would say somewhere north of 75% are shitholes as people, and generally westerners own the houses I look at, are slobs !! It's very rare to get a repainted house inside or out, the state of repairs, or lack of, are shocking. People move in and just run them into the ground. No wonder they don't sell.

This is why all new quality projects sell out quickly, where I am anyway, and discounts are miserly - in any country in the world quality will always find a buyer and you will always be stuck with the shitholes that you failed to take care of !

Is the lease renewable for free? Can the rules change?

Bear in mind we are talking about condos. You might paint yours every year but if half the owners don't pay their maintenance the place will quickly go into disrepair, and no one will give a toss whether your condo is well maintained or not.

2 hours ago, Benroon said:

Love you renters - it means I can put my feet up whilst you buy my houses for me 

Really smart - got any other nuggets ?

You're confusing good results and smart decisions.

If I pull the trigger 5 times, get paid $100 for each pull, and the gun doesn't go off, that doesn't mean playing Russian Roulette was a good idea.  Even if I did make $500.

One bad turn can wipe out all the gains on half a dozen transactions.  And I doubt that foreigners in Thailand have an 84% success rate on real estate purchases.

8 hours ago, StevieAus said:

Thrown out, I know people who have lived here 40 years plus but they are honest, you must have some hidden past, and as far as property and land my Thai wife and I have made very good profits on our investments.

Sorry you live such. Sad life in this great land

Guess the answer is different based on if it comes from condo owners renting out or renters ???? If i had 10 condos to rent out i would definitely tell people here to not buy but only rent ????

I used to think renting a house (would never want to live in a condo) was the only way to go for my wife and i, but when forced to move by landlords who wanted their house back, my mind changed, trying to find a house for rent in an area where i like to live and close to my wife's business, was not easy and the rents more expensive. i bit the bullet and paid for 1 rai, had a small house built, yes it has cost me about 3m all up, but now don't have to think about paying rent anymore, or worry about having to move anymore with the dogs and cats oh yeah and the wife, i am now a lot more relaxed, :coffee1:

On 5/14/2019 at 8:17 PM, Delight said:

The deported man needs a friend that he trusts absolutely.

POA will be issued to that friend

The friend will take care of everything.

friend will take care of everything, eventually running away and keeping the money

36 minutes ago, batata said:

friend will take care of everything, eventually running away and keeping the money

Suspect that you would steal the money.

A good friend would not.

If I were  that good friend -I would not.

On 5/12/2019 at 7:25 AM, ezzra said:

Yes, by giving a power of attorney to someone you absolutely trust to act on your behalf, that someone, given all the right documents will act as your agent on all matters concerning the sale and remittances of funds back to the seller...

big risk with these farangs in Thailand ive seen around.

Archived