Making Friends In Pattaya

omwpattaya

Hello all,

Im heading over to Pattaya from the UK in the next couple of weeks on my own. Im in my thirties and wondered if there are many Brits over there in my age bracket that live there. I have an O visa and plan to stay 90 days at a time. Im sick of it here in the UK and have to get away to try something new but don't want to go somewhere where i feel lost and on my own!

Has anyone else here made the move be it temporay or permanent in their 30's?

Cheers!

Hello all,

Im heading over to Pattaya from the UK in the next couple of weeks on my own. Im in my thirties and wondered if there are many Brits over there in my age bracket that live there. I have an O visa and plan to stay 90 days at a time. Im sick of it here in the UK and have to get away to try something new but don't want to go somewhere where i feel lost and on my own!

Cheers!

Dont forget to turn the lights out when you leave the UK as they will all be bloody here and get yourself a good quality bullet proof vest at duty free.

Cheers Tony

Im in my thirties and wondered if there are many Brits over there

...the correct wording should be "too many"..... :o

have a look at our Friday night gatherings, they have been proven good fun so far. International crowd, ages range from around 30 to 70.

i'm a Brit in my 30's and been in Pattaya a few years, and always looking for new excuses to get out the house so PM me when you get here and i will come have a beer with you.

BB

Why do you call yourself buriramboy, when you live in Pattaya?

i'm a Brit in my 30's and been in Pattaya a few years, and always looking for new excuses to get out the house so PM me when you get here and i will come have a beer with you.

BB

Why do you call yourself buriramboy, when you live in Pattaya?

because when i joined this forum last year, i was in the process of moving to Buriram, then i came to my senses and decided to remain in Pattaya, but to late to change username.

BB

BB

I have recently been dubbed as the 'olympic flame' as I never go out, so I'll be glad to have a beer or two, take a tour of some of the less respectable places and take a refresher course on where to get a kebab in the early hours (the essential stuff). I've just signed up for the St.Patricks day piss-up and am looking forward to meeting with the regulars there also. Incidentally, I have noticed that in the TV forum, the most popular topics are the ones involving 'piss-ups' etc, which restore ones faith in humanity! :o Cheers, see you soon.

because when i joined this forum last year, i was in the process of moving to Buriram, then i came to my senses and decided to remain in Pattaya, but to late to change username.

BB

I read somewhere on another thread that the mods might be willing to change your name by special request, PattayaBoy! :o

BB

I read somewhere on another thread that the mods might be willing to change your name by special request, PattayaBoy! :o

i'm too famous to change my name now!!!!

BB

i'm too famous to change my name now!!!!

Ah, the downsides of Celebritydom...

I've just signed up for the St.Patricks day piss-up and am looking forward to meeting with the regulars there also. Incidentally, I have noticed that in the TV forum, the most popular topics are the ones involving 'piss-ups' etc, which restore ones faith in humanity! :o Cheers, see you soon.

That's because the mods block any really interesting stuff.

If you're interested in girls (or boys) then this is not the forum for you.

If you're interested in piss-ups, hooliganism, weird ways for farangs to die, or baht buses, then glue your eyes to the screen.

Hello all,

Cheers!

FLB Bar in Walking Street is always a good place to meet new and interesting people. Just ask for Martin or Ricky and they will introduce to any regulars who are in at the time. I'm often there myself so may bump into you.

HoJo

Pattayatony, not sure how long you been away from the UK for, but in areas of London you now have "dial a gun" yeah kids delivering shooters on mopeds. It's becoming out of control everywhere. I did read about the Russian girls though , not nice.

buriramboy, will give you a pm mate when i get there.

Ungabunga, will take you up on the offer, i will pm you also when i arrive.

HowardJohnson, thanks for the info.

You will find the crowd that made Spain a miserable place in about every inch of Patters. Enjoy

it will be just like home or at least the more seedy side of home all to often. You might even wonder

why you left if you stay a few months.

Well Khun ? he can sleep well knowing that there won't be any dark clouds at the Friday night meetings,

because we've never seen you there.

I've always had a great time with the ThaiVisa Pattaya members and I'm very glad I made the effort to get out and meet them.

Some of us still work and have horizons of other choices to enjoy.

Better places to spend time than being enclaved with vast amount of drop out of reality types.

Nice place to visit a few times in life but the local and foreigners that now make up the

place seem to of lost the plot more than not. A conglomerate of low esteem and income sin seekers

that make residence all to often because of failures and not successes in life. The last chance for losers haven on a feeding frenzy comparable to throwing steroid laced treats into the local gym-spa.

The Vegas of the poor and destitute where drunks, drugs and sex is the only thing that matters anymore in life and debauchery is the agenda.

Have fun, it can be a nice vacation for a short while.

Edited by Khun ?

Wouldn't be here if I was not being paid for my time, and you nothing better to do.

(Our forum) has been diverse in many ways for some years now, wlcome to the nightmare.

Great to have newbies wisdom in the comical sense of it all.

sorry have to work >;o(

Haven't done pub recon's since Korea a few decades ago.

Next time I will be in country will be some years most likely. Changed retirement plans and sold out before I even got started. For many years enjoyed the place but then it started to grow on me like mold. Use to be a beer stop anywhere, country or city would be a enjoyable time. Now days you better go with someone or know the place your going to.

Pattaya could be a great vacation and retirement destination but the place has really got out of control. Didn't start happening until the currency problems. Never had a regular hangout in the many years I

visited the place and rarely stayed in the same hotel. Use to be everyone knew someone that you knew, more of a cordial environement. Now it is best to know where you are going and who you will be around.

Oh well enjoy the old memories and the adventures of the new to be found.

Hello all,

Cheers!

Dont forget to turn the lights out when you leave the UK as they will all be bloody here and get yourself a good quality bullet proof vest at duty free.

Cheers Tony

yes i see at duty free, special on 199 us can stop qa 45 :o