an open discussion about non-o visa

mxpweb

Greetings!

The of the main requirements to extend a non-o visa in Thailand, a foreigner must have 400k THB in his bank account,

and to be deposited in his bank account for 2 month period, otherwise not possible to be done,

I have a question about this, actually more than one, keep reading below..

1) what is the philosophy, logical reason behind this 400k policy?

>> you may say this to make sure the expat guy has enough fund to stay around, what is less than 60 day? less few 1000s? 

2) what if the expat has a family and kids to support, and did not keep the 400k for full 60 days, using cash in day trading or some invetment,, 

>> the answer: accordingly to the policy, he will not be given an extention, 

3) the expat must leave the country in respet to the law and visa regulations, and then:

>> A. who will take care of his family members? paying rent, daily living expenses, etc

>> B. who will pay school and tution fees for the kids?

>> C. why forcing a family to be separated and the kids to be deprived from their father?

>> D. what's the logical and approriate reason behind this 400k policy?

>> F. any crime committed if the foreigner he's not having this 400k to not get his visa extended?

-----------------

Let's think of this: The foreigner left the country, in respect to law and not have 400k, and his Thai family members (wife and children) left in behind,

the foreigner father can't get a visa to return back, because this policy becoming a requirement by Thai consulate too (recently).

Thai family members (wife and kids) are left in trouble without sponsor, and without any incoem source, not working wife (housewife),

they don't have any income source, from where to pay the monthly rental, the daily living expenses, the kids won't go to school,

these kids and their mother are Thai citizens being punished to be deprived from their foreigner father and losing their only sponsor,,

this is just because he dosn't keep this 400k in his bank account for 6 days?

-----------------

I'm not sure if this policy or alike regulation applied in other countries?

don't really know or see any logical reason for this policy, 

some people may point at a topic to say that there are some expats who are just living as burden on their Thai partners,

or in generally speaking are non-productive in the society, or some are staying illegally or whatsoever else reasons you say,

well, this group of people or anyone out of law to be treated according to the law, this discission about regular and legal stayers, 

we discuss particularly about a foreigner who has at least one child, been living in the host country for number of years legally,

with clean record in the host and his native country, but if he did not keep 400k for 60 day will be categorized under (bad guy out)?

what kind of damage or harm will happen to the society to cut this 400k out as a requirement for a foreigner with at least 1 child to extend his visa?

shall a foreigner focus on his job where to bring source of living to his family and kids? or focus on visa extension and related obstacles?

or keep going out and trying to get visa? as recently the bank statment became a mandatory required by Thai embassies / consulate also?

so if they can't see you have 400k, they will not issue the visa regardlress how many kids you have?

----------------

I have a suggetion: 

expats who been living in the country for a number of years, staying legally, with at least 1 child in their sponsership,

to join a campaign by submitting a petition to Thai law makers to revise this policy of 400k, get them excluded or at find some sort of solution, 

to be submitted by a foreigner lawyer, assumer there are many lawyers living and working here, they better understand and well respresent the foreigner guys here,

if not be revised, to look at the situation to support the Thai families members who will be left in behing when their foreigner father will be forced to leave the country due to this regulation,

at least find a solution for them, pay their daily expenses and school fees for the kids,

these Thai kids are considered to be the utmost valuable assets for Thailand,

many of them will be a talented individuals, and enrich the Thai society in the future, 

why damaging them at their incubation stage? by depriving them from their father and their only sponsor? 

anyone agree in this idea? and seeing this a logical point to submit a petition request?

anyone willing to join this signed list -petition- or call it (an open letter to Thai law makers)

this idea can be launched as an online campaign - survey on Thai visa platform, and see then see what the comments and feedback results, 

certainly Thai authorities have many eyes reading every single posted word here, and I'm pretty sure it's possible to be revise appropriately with goodwill, and keeping laws and regulation in the benefit of the society as a whole,

Thai citizens and living foreigners (expats) both are making contribution to prosper Thailand, where eber we live, it's our home, 

Let's hear your comments, suggetions and ideas that might be better than this suggetion, any gramattical or languahe errors, excutive my non-native skill, hope my idea's message reached you, 

peace be upon you all

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, mxpweb said:

The of the main requirements to extend a non-o visa in Thailand, a foreigner must have 400k THB in his bank account,

and to be deposited in his bank account for 2 month period, otherwise not possible to be done,

I have a question about this, actually more than one, keep reading below..

1) what is the philosophy, logical reason behind this 400k policy?

You can use a foreign income as long as it’s at least 40K pm or an income from work in Thailand too.

The 400/40K is to show you can afford to support yourself during your 1 year stay.

I’m not going to reply to all your points. FYI, the stay permit is issued to spouses or parents of Thais that want to stay in the country with their family. It is not issued based on financial support. You can support a family financially from your home country.

28 minutes ago, elviajero said:

You can use a foreign income as long as it’s at least 40K pm or an income from work in Thailand too.

The 400/40K is to show you can afford to support yourself during your 1 year stay.

I’m not going to reply to all your points. FYI, the stay permit is issued to spouses or parents of Thais that want to stay in the country with their family. It is not issued based on financial support. You can support a family financially from your home country.

the discussion about staying visa, for a foreigner parent, if he doesn't have this 400k, it donsn't mean related to afford staying full year, to support family from your country, inthis case you don't need to apply for visa, just take them with you and go to your home county,

this discuss the one who living with his family herem and rights to stay with his family, 

anyone sponsoring his family shall be doing some kind of jobs or business, may not be possible to save 400k and keep them for 60 days in the bank, 

in the case the foreigner parent not haveing the 400k for 60 days or a job paying 40k salary, ok at here clear policy not to grant extension, not visa, go back to your home,

then what's the result of this on the thai family members? 

11 minutes ago, mxpweb said:

the discussion about staying visa, for a foreigner parent, if he doesn't have this 400k, it donsn't mean related to afford staying full year, to support family from your country, inthis case you don't need to apply for visa, just take them with you and go to your home county,

this discuss the one who living with his family herem and rights to stay with his family, 

anyone sponsoring his family shall be doing some kind of jobs or business, may not be possible to save 400k and keep them for 60 days in the bank, 

in the case the foreigner parent not haveing the 400k for 60 days or a job paying 40k salary, ok at here clear policy not to grant extension, not visa, go back to your home,

You get a job in your home country until you can meet the requirements. In the meantime you send money to your family. Better to think this through before you start a family.

• Like 1

Bottom line is no one forced anyone to start a family in Thailand and if one wants to stay in Thailand with them, one needs to fulfil the requirements that they ( Thais ) deem necessary to do so. If they decide tomorrow to make it necessary to climb a pole stark naked and do a little dance at the top to qualify, so be it. We are visitors, not residents unless we do a whole lot of stuff I'd never be able to do, like speak good Thai, and it's not our place to judge them based on what we want.

The Thais don't need us, even if we think we need to stay in LOS. I love Thailand, but I no longer qualify to stay, so I no longer live there, and regret my bad choices every day.

Like a wise man once said to me, "life isn't fair".

4 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

You get a job in your home country until you can meet the requirements. In the meantime you send money to your family. Better to think this through before you start a family.

this discussion related to the foriegner guys who they have an issue with this requirement,

and they may consider to sumbit a petition to Thai law makers, Thai authorities can decide it better,

this discussion is not for the foreigner guys who they afford to keep 400k,

and this for the guys who been living and working for number of years here not just a new comer, 

34 minutes ago, mxpweb said:

That is something one should have thought about BEFORE starting a family. The requirements have been known for many years, and none should be a surprise.

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Bottom line is no one forced anyone to start a family in Thailand and if one wants to stay in Thailand with them, one needs to fulfil the requirements that they ( Thais ) deem necessary to do so. If they decide tomorrow to make it necessary to climb a pole stark naked and do a little dance at the top to qualify, so be it. We are visitors, not residents unless we do a whole lot of stuff I'd never be able to do, like speak good Thai, and it's not our place to judge them based on what we want.

The Thais don't need us, even if we think we need to stay in LOS. I love Thailand, but I no longer qualify to stay, so I no longer live there, and regret my bad choices every day.

Like a wise man once said to me, "life isn't fair".

IF the time rolls back to over than a decde ago, certainly I will never make it  a choice,

but, when your children are growing in their born native land,, and studying at school, etc,

your role as father is to look after them and care their needs,

to voice your opion and speak your mind to propose a suggestion is basic for human regardless in your country or some other places, particularly you point at a policy related or will have impact in your daily living and your entire family, 

anything is subject to be amended, revised or replaced,

they need to look at this matter entirely, is not just to do not extend the expst guys visa, look at the other side: their family members, what thy can do? where they will go? who will sponsor them?

51 minutes ago, mxpweb said:

this discussion related to the foriegner guys who they have an issue with this requirement,

and they may consider to sumbit a petition to Thai law makers, Thai authorities can decide it better,

and this for the guys who been living and working for number of years here not just a new comer, 

Forget your petition, they don't want poor people. 

Edited by FritsSikkink
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, mxpweb said:

IF the time rolls back to over than a decde ago, certainly I will never make it  a choice,

but, when your children are growing in their born native land,, and studying at school, etc,

to voice your opion and speak your mind to propose a suggestion is basic for human regardless in your country or some other places, particularly you point at a policy related or will have impact in your daily living and your entire family, 

they need to look at this matter entirely, is not just to do not extend the expst guys visa, look at the other side: their family members, what thy can do? where they will go? who will sponsor them?

So be a good provider and earn enough money.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mxpweb said:

If you are working in the country then you should have an income to use to show you can afford to stay.

My wife can only stay in the UK with her family IF I/we have a minimum income OR a lot of cash in the bank. Thailand isn't much different.

You appear to want Thailand to grant permission to stay just because someone is married. That obviously can't -- and will never -- happen because there would be even more 'marriages of convenience'. They are quite happy to let us stay as long as we earn at least 40K pm.

I do have sympathy for parents. IMO a parent should be able to stay with (actual live with) their child regardless of their financial standing.

On 5/15/2019 at 6:46 PM, elviajero said:

If you are working in the country then you should have an income to use to show you can afford to stay.

My wife can only stay in the UK with her family IF I/we have a minimum income OR a lot of cash in the bank. Thailand isn't much different.

You appear to want Thailand to grant permission to stay just because someone is married. That obviously can't -- and will never -- happen because there would be even more 'marriages of convenience'. They are quite happy to let us stay as long as we earn at least 40K pm.

I do have sympathy for parents. IMO a parent should be able to stay with (actual live with) their child regardless of their financial standing.

There is no problem to support the family, but if someone doing freelance jobs, earn online income,

it maybe can be more than this 40k, or less, overall daily expenses are covered and all the family members are living happily, but when to require to show salaries of 40k, or keep 400k for 60 days to be locked in the bank,, this is where is no logical reason for this??

there are many jobs, sources of income that not to be as regular salary,, I'm talking here about a parent, a guy who supporting kids in his care, is there any similar in other countries? or what's the exceptional reason to request this?

or go to the final extreme option, get the farang guy out, then let the kids out in the street? maybe need to face some cases till they realize the fact,

On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 10:41 PM, mxpweb said:

Bottom line- if you can't stay full time in LOS and want to support your family, then you have to be like millions of people from countries like the Philippines and work in another country to earn money to send to the family. Visit as often as can, even if only once a year.

I worked with many Filipinas that saw their family only once a year.

Always remember, everything changes and life isn't fair.