Brexit campaigner Boris Johnson to stand as next Conservative leader

snoop1130

6 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

How did he desert the UK - can you just explain it please? 

I've just explained how the business he co-founded started offering a new product for EU retail investors. It's only fair that you explain to us how JRM deserted the UK. Unless you can't because you made it up...

He is the 2nd biggest stake holder and the business left the UK for dublin,as a brexiteer rather strange when he preaches the UK is the place to be for business,all perfectly legal if unpatriotic but he isnt a spoonies bulldog with a pot to piissss in.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, bomber said:

Was on UK tv about 2-3 months ago at 2000 till 2100,you have stated on here today you watch too many of these political shows maybe you prefered not to watch this one knowing its content...the name of the show i dont recall exactly but something along the lines of "brexit what you need to know" moggers didnt have an answer on camera when asked about his £700k windfall,the same show phoned BJs secetary asking a price for a 1 hour after dinner spech on brexit,£100k was the reply,you need to change the channel as you and the "wife" wont learn much watching coranation street.

Proof please. 

4 minutes ago, bomber said:
16 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

How did he desert the UK - can you just explain it please? 

I've just explained how the business he co-founded started offering a new product for EU retail investors. It's only fair that you explain to us how JRM deserted the UK. Unless you can't because you made it up...

He is the 2nd biggest stake holder and the business left the UK for dublin,as a brexiteer rather strange when he preaches the UK is the place to be for business,all perfectly legal if unpatriotic but he isnt a spoonies bulldog with a pot to piissss in.

You're not listening. The business has not left the UK for Dublin.

If you're going to make stuff up there is no point in debating with you. 

From the Somerset Capital website contact us page.

https://somersetcapital.com/contact-us/

612 Wheelers Farms Road.
Milford, CT 06461
(877) 282-9922
(203) 301-3253
[email protected]

Somehow I don't think that is an address in Eire though I could be wrong.

There 8 separate groups within Somerset Capital and some posters are saying that Somerset Capital has moved lock, stock and Barrel to Eire. I think not.

However if you really want to know the truth try contacting these people. They are sure too know if anybody does.

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/companies-house

https://www.gov.uk/get-information-about-a-company

If you Remainers do that and find out, please post the information on TVF.

37 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

In 2016 a overwhelmingly landslide majority of... 51,88 %, ignoring a mare = 48,11 % bunch of idiots, who voted from Remain with many now who regret their vote now.

You just can't stop insulting people can you?

From the Somerset Capital website contact us page.

https://somersetcapital.com/contact-us/

612 Wheelers Farms Road.
Milford, CT 06461
(877) 282-9922
(203) 301-3253
[email protected]

Somehow I don't think that is an address in Eire though I could be wrong.

There 8 separate groups within Somerset Capital and some posters are saying that Somerset Capital has moved lock, stock and Barrel to Eire. I think not.

However if you really want to know the truth try contacting these people. They are sure too know if anybody does.

https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/companies-house

https://www.gov.uk/get-information-about-a-company

If you Remainers do that and find out, please post the information on TVF.

That address is Connecticut , USA

36 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

That address is Connecticut , USA

My bad.  Sorry. I didn't follow it through.

I looked at the phone numbers and thought that they were UK numbers.      :sorry: ????

Stupid boy, Pike!

Not in Eire then?

1 hour ago, bomber said:
1 hour ago, CG1 Blue said:

You're not listening. The business has not left the UK for Dublin.

If you're going to make stuff up there is no point in debating with you. 

Brexit: Jacob Rees-Mogg defends Ireland move by City firm he co-founded ahead of EU withdrawal | The Independent 1.02 MB · 1 download

I can't open whatever that is you attached. 

Does it say Somerset Capital has moved it's business to Ireland? I'll save you some time - no it doesn't. 

Boris is brilliant news for Scottish separatists. If he doesn't inspire Scotland to cut loose from Westminster then nothing will.
Scotland will never win independance..the scottish taxpayers are not stupid.
Do you honestly think they would vote for something that will rapidly mean easily 70% of their wages/salary going to the scottish taxman..council tax..vat..etc etc
Dream on

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 minute ago, malagateddy said:

Do you honestly think they would vote for something that will rapidly mean easily 70% of their wages/salary going to the scottish taxman..council tax..vat..etc etc
Dream on

yet you voted for a 15% cut in your income,btw what evidence to the 70%?

23 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

Dream on

Teddy, mate, I am disappointed - you forgot to mention Greece without the sun! 

1 hour ago, malagateddy said:

Those earning over think it is £40,000 annually pay a higher rate of income tax.
Add on council tax..20% vat on almost everything..work it out.

so thats the same as now ???? my god you have excelled yourself today,how many ???? have you had?

2 hours ago, bomber said:

Not sure why you're incapable of just copy/pasting web links like everybody else, but anyway I read your attachment. 

I gather you didn't read it? Because it says exactly what I told you - that Somerset Capital have introduced a new Irish fund. Do you understand what that means? Do you really think that means Somerset Capital have moved their business to Ireland? If you do I give up. 

56 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Not sure why you're incapable of just copy/pasting web links like everybody else, but anyway I read your attachment. 

I gather you didn't read it? Because it says exactly what I told you - that Somerset Capital have introduced a new Irish fund. Do you understand what that means? Do you really think that means Somerset Capital have moved their business to Ireland? If you do I give up. 

He really doesn't have that much of a clue, does he?

1 hour ago, CG1 Blue said:

they along with others have,to serve their EU clients because of brexit or brexit uncertainty which ever way you see it,just because they may not of moved everything lock stock and barrel does not mean they havent done it,shame it was a waste of time as 80% of moggers fellow sovereign MPs wont let brexit happen,haha

15 hours ago, evadgib said:

Had Grieve & Co stuck to their manifesto and the wishes of their constituents there wouldn't be an ERG 

Grieve being in the wrong does not put Corbyn, Johnson, Rees-Mogg and co in the right!

Had they all put country ahead of personal ambition we would have left the EU on Match 29th.

14 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

I think the confusion arises as some (including yourself) think the eu/may 'deal' is brexit - whereas many (most?) consider it BRINO?

I have asked you, and others, many, many times before why you consider May's deal to be BRINO, what it is you find so bad about it; but as you all always dodged the question by utilising petty sloganising I gave up asking it.

But I'll try again.

Under May's original deal we would leave the CAP; don't you want that?

We would leave the CFP; don't you want that?

We would leave the customs union; don't you want that?

We would leave the FoM directive and the other three freedoms; don't you want that?

We would leave the jurisdiction of the ECJ; don't you want that?

Maybe it's the guarantee of the rights of EU nationals currently living in the UK that you don't like? Remember though, this also guarantees the rights of UK nationals currently living in the other 27; don't you want that?

Maybe it's the agreement to honour our financial commitments made before the referendum that you don't like? OK, to those who rely on slogans and lies (Boris) this is a major stumbling block. Personally, I believe in honouring agreements and commitments already made. If we don't, how can we make trade agreements with anyone post Brexit? Who would trust us?

That leaves the Irish backstop, whatever it turns out to be. Some Brexiteers say the people of Northern Ireland should be forced into leaving the UK and joining the RoI. Surely not you, though; aren't you a believer in democracy?

I've been away, and have missed many posts, didn't have time to read them all before that either, but I am assuming you are not so stupid as to believe no deal and joining Mauritania in becoming the second country to trade purely on WTO terms to be a viable option.

So, what is your alternative to May's deal?

Other Brexiteers, feel free to answer as well.

45 minutes ago, bomber said:

they along with others have,to serve their EU clients because of brexit or brexit uncertainty which ever way you see it,just because they may not of moved everything lock stock and barrel does not mean they havent done it,shame it was a waste of time as 80% of moggers fellow sovereign MPs wont let brexit happen,haha

You still don't get it. They haven't moved anything. Opening a new investment fund to sit alongside your other investment funds doesn't mean moving your business. If Costa Coffee open up a new branch in Lisbon will you say Costa have moved their business to Portugal? 

If this is how you interpret things I do hope you don't vote... 

Just now, CG1 Blue said:

You still don't get it. They haven't moved anything. Opening a new investment fund to sit alongside your other investment funds doesn't mean moving your business. If Costa Coffee open up a new branch in Lisbon will you say Costa have moved their business to Portugal? 

as i have stated they havent done anything wrong.they made money out of the move due to the fall in the pound,all above board just benefiting from brexit and the pound collapse,maybe you filled your boots at 52-53bt/pound before the vote but i doubt it as you were told it was project fear,not LAFFING now are you,farage,maoggers,BJ and co would be bothered about you ????

4 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

But it's not like that. As the article says, they have opened up a new fund in Dublin because their managers worry about being cut off from European investors post Brexit.

This move was a direct result of Brexit, especially fears over the sort of hard Brexit Rees-Mogg claims to favour.

If Rees-Mogg truly believes his claims about the type of post Brexit UK he wants then he should remove his money from this fund, maybe even this company completely, and invest it here in the UK. But he hasn't.

10 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

So people who interpret things differently to you should not be allowed to vote?

Very democratic of you!

17 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

I have asked you, and others, many, many times before why you consider May's deal to be BRINO, what it is you find so bad about it; but as you all always dodged the question by utilising petty sloganising I gave up asking it.

But I'll try again.

Under May's original deal we would leave the CAP; don't you want that?

We would leave the CFP; don't you want that?

We would leave the customs union; don't you want that?

We would leave the FoM directive and the other three freedoms; don't you want that?

We would leave the jurisdiction of the ECJ; don't you want that?

Maybe it's the guarantee of the rights of EU nationals currently living in the UK that you don't like? Remember though, this also guarantees the rights of UK nationals currently living in the other 27; don't you want that?

Maybe it's the agreement to honour our financial commitments made before the referendum that you don't like? OK, to those who rely on slogans and lies (Boris) this is a major stumbling block. Personally, I believe in honouring agreements and commitments already made. If we don't, how can we make trade agreements with anyone post Brexit? Who would trust us?

That leaves the Irish backstop, whatever it turns out to be. Some Brexiteers say the people of Northern Ireland should be forced into leaving the UK and joining the RoI. Surely not you, though; aren't you a believer in democracy?

I've been away, and have missed many posts, didn't have time to read them all before that either, but I am assuming you are not so stupid as to believe no deal and joining Mauritania in becoming the second country to trade purely on WTO terms to be a viable option.

So, what is your alternative to May's deal?

Other Brexiteers, feel free to answer as well.

but mauritania hasnt signed trade deals with palastine,chile and the faroe islands,we will show them how great britain is,rule britania,bobby bulldog,mad dogs an englishman,god save the queen,no surrender,have it mauritania ????

3 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

But it's not like that. As the article says, they have opened up a new fund in Dublin because their managers worry about being cut off from European investors post Brexit.

This move was a direct result of Brexit, especially fears over the sort of hard Brexit Rees-Mogg claims to favour.

If Rees-Mogg truly believes his claims about the type of post Brexit UK he wants then he should remove his money from this fund, maybe even this company completely, and invest it here in the UK. But he hasn't.

So people who interpret things differently to you should not be allowed to vote?

Very democratic of you!

Sorry but you're wrong. Investment management companies have a duty to investors to look after their interests. By opening up a Dublin fund in anticipation of Brexit, it will allow investors from the EU to put their money into a fund that is still under MIFID II rules. If the UK leaves the EU without a deal, it's possible EU investors would have to move their money out of Somerset Capital's investment funds, and the clients would suffer financially as a result. So they opened a Dublin fund to protect their clients. And of course so they can still make performance fees out of those clients - I'm not suggesting they do it purely out of kindness! 

Bomber was suggesting that JRM has moved his business to Dublin. That is simply not true. 

People with differing points of view should all be able to vote. I've never suggested otherwise. 

Archived