Brexit campaigner Boris Johnson to stand as next Conservative leader

snoop1130

3 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

Cbi..obama..world bank..imf..soros..imo war criminal and sociopath blair all gave it project fear big time before the referendum
Whats new re the doom and gloom from likes if cbi
I DO notice that the confederation of small businesses who trade mostly WITHIN the UK have NOT came out with any project fear nonsence.
Wonder why,
Have s lovely day.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Read this link for the real facts.

https://fullfact.org/europe/small-businesses-and-brexit/

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Patriot1066 said:

It only won't happen due to the traitors and liars in Parliament.

7 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The language of a zealot.

No.  It's the language of those of us who are sick and tired of politicians ignoring the electorate, preferring to look after their own interests.

9 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

Cbi..obama..world bank..imf..soros..imo war criminal and sociopath blair all gave it project fear big time before the referendum
Whats new re the doom and gloom from likes if cbi
I DO notice that the confederation of small businesses who trade mostly WITHIN the UK have NOT came out with any project fear nonsence.
Wonder why,
Have s lovely day.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

People who do business in small local market are unaware and unconcerned by stuff they can't see.

But then, they don't earn foreign income money for he nation do they.

6 hours ago, Patriot1066 said:

It only won't happen due to the traitors and liars in Parliament.

I won't happen...:burp:

It won't happen because the Tories have not got 320+ MP's

Does not matter which fool they replace May with, Brexit won't happen.

5 hours ago, Thakkar said:

Jim Pickard (‪@PickardJE‬)

21/5/19, 04:58

maybe a good moment to recall Heseltine on Boris Johnson: “A man who waits to see which way the crowd is running and then dashes in front and says ‘follow me’....”

“He’s lied his way through life, he’s lied his way through politics, he’s a huckster with a degree of charm to which I am immune.  As well as being mendacious he’s incompetent.”

Chris Patten on Boris Johnson

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-05-21/tory-grandee-patten-calls-johnson-mendacious-and-incompetent

7 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

No.  It's the language of those of us who are sick and tired of politicians ignoring the electorate, preferring to look after their own interests.

The electorate are in the minority, whether it is leave or remain. So parliament have every right to ensure the majority  - c.65 million - are protected from enacting Brexshit, because as it stands, is not beneficial to the UK.

11 hours ago, stephenterry said:

Parliament, in the main, are democratically elected by the population to ensure that the UK's best interests are upheld. It is undemocratic for a minority of the population to aim to force through a Brexshit that is not capable of benefitting the UK.  

From what I've read on here, leavers just want to leave without any consideration of what would happen after the event. To assume that any government is capable of handling the aftermath has been shown over the last few years as being false.

One thing for sure, if the CBI are firmly against a no-deal, you can bet your bottom dollar that it would be catastrophic for business and the economy.

The U.K population at the 2017 General election voted by 80% for parties that promised in their manifesto to respect and honour the result of the people’s referendum. This of course included voting for M.P who likewise promised the same.

I presume that to leave this so called union,would be as catastrophic as when we decided not to accept the Euro, or to suffer the immediate economic disaster that remainers predicted would befall upon our country in 2016, should we vote to leave.

ED06018F-0BFC-431E-9DA8-B083C85897DD.jpeg

Why do so many on here in brexit threads find the need to add a cartoon or another picture to their posts? It doesn't clarify or explain anything, just shows a very simplistic way of thinking.

2 hours ago, stephenterry said:

The electorate are in the minority, whether it is leave or remain. So parliament have every right to ensure the majority  - c.65 million - are protected from enacting Brexshit, because as it stands, is not beneficial to the UK.

Would that include the school children, like my sons,who support Brexit.

1 minute ago, stevenl said:

Why do so many on here in brexit threads find the need to add a cartoon or another picture to their posts? It doesn't clarify or explain anything, just shows a very simplistic way of thinking.

Why are so many remainers on these thread, not British. And why do those few who are British not open their eyes, and see in which direction those unelected Bureaucrats in Brussels intend to take the E.u.

11 hours ago, stephenterry said:

Except a minority overruling a majority is undemocratic.  

Strange that.

The 650 MP's are overruling some 30 million voters.

Don't you think that is undemocratic?

Why are so many remainers on these thread, not British. And why do those few who are British not open their eyes, and see in which direction those unelected Bureaucrats in Brussels intend to take the E.u.
I'm a British Remainer. I want my son to have the same freedom to live and work where he wants in the EU and I want to see the UK to be part of a powerful economic block to rival the US and China. I also would hate to see the Little Englander, nationalistic mentality succeed.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

11 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

People who do business in small local market are unaware and unconcerned by stuff they can't see.

But then, they don't earn foreign income money for he nation do they.

But they do employ larger numbers of people in the UK than the multi-nationals and pay larger amounts in taxes.

25 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Because they are either trolls or simpletons who cannot articulate their views in their own words, so they just shout and make a lot of fuss to mask the fact.

But then you already knew that...

11 hours ago, Basil B said:

I won't happen...:burp:

It won't happen because the Tories have not got 320+ MP's

Does not matter which fool they replace May with, Brexit won't happen.

I am on the same side as you, but can we make a sportsman's bet on it? I say we crash out with No Deal (worse luck).

7 minutes ago, evadgib said:

The Mogg has been quiet of late but I note service has now resumed:

Really, Jacob? You expect people to believe that?

Had you and your ERG put the country first we would have left the EU on March 29th.

40 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Strange that.

The 650 MP's are overruling some 30 million voters.

Don't you think that is undemocratic?

But Bill, they aren't. They just don't know what to do and don't want the fallout on their doorsteps. They are trying (and failing) to alienate the least amount of people possible.

A Nigel Farage or a George Galloway can do their Pied Piper thing, but then quickly bugger off when the heat is on, returning when the heat has cooled down a bit to posture and say 'I told you so'.

Yes, who isn't pi$$ed off with Parliament now? But we do need to realise that short of 1930s Germany, it is all we have. Besides, we are well on track for a 'No Deal and the EU hates us into the bargain' Brexit, so I wouldn't be too troubled in your position...

12 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

Indeed; the country is tired of Johnson, Rees-Mogg etc.. 

If they had put the country first we would have left the EU on March 29th.

Apparently there are strong rumours going around Westminster that May will resign tonight.  This is as the 1922 committee meet to discuss changing the rules so that she can be forced to leave. 

We can all live in hope....! 

13 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Apparently there are strong rumours going around Westminster that May will resign tonight.  This is as the 1922 committee meet to discuss changing the rules so that she can be forced to leave. 

Faux news, I fear.

But hope is worth clinging to.

34 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

And then what? A hard Brexiteer takes the helm? Parliament will vote against whatever they have in store. So now what?

2 hours ago, billd766 said:

But they do employ larger numbers of people in the UK than the multi-nationals and pay larger amounts in taxes.

If you add up the employment figures of the micro and small companies you are right. About the proportionate tax revenue, I have no current source. However, I give to concern, in consideration of the outsourcing wave, how many of the small companies are suppliers or subcontractors of big companies. If you did that, it would certainly give you a different statistical picture in favor of special importance of the big companies.

1 hour ago, baboon said:

And then what? A hard Brexiteer takes the helm? Parliament will vote against whatever they have in store. So now what?

My guess? The new PM scraps the withdrawal agreement (surrender treaty) and starts discussions with the EU on a comprehensive FTA, i.e. Canada ++. If the terms are right it should get enough support in Parliament. And the EU already put this on the table early on in the negotiations. 

However, the new PM is likely to be Boris the clown, so I just hope he surrounds himself with smart people and good negotiators to do all the work. 

37 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

My guess? The new PM scraps the withdrawal agreement (surrender treaty) and starts discussions with the EU on a comprehensive FTA, i.e. Canada ++. If the terms are right it should get enough support in Parliament. And the EU already put this on the table early on in the negotiations. 

However, the new PM is likely to be Boris the clown, so I just hope he surrounds himself with smart people and good negotiators to do all the work. 

but that doesn't solve the NI problem.

39 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Just now, tebee said:

but that doesn't solve the NI problem.

and something like c+++ will take probably 7 years to negotiate.

Archived