Brexit campaigner Boris Johnson to stand as next Conservative leader

snoop1130

2 hours ago, tebee said:

and something like c+++ will take probably 7 years to negotiate.

Surely it wouldn't take long, because 1) they can use the Canada deal as a template, and 2) the UK is already (currently) fully aligned with the EU whereas Canada wasn't.

As for NI, I assume that's what the +++ bit will address. 

Furthermore the EU already said they can make operational changes in Ireland to cope with any no deal Brexit. So we know it must be possible. 

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Really, Jacob? You expect people to believe that?

Had you and your ERG put the country first we would have left the EU on March 29th.

JRM firstly made sure his money making bizzness was nicely settled in,in london Dublin

5 hours ago, evadgib said:

The Mogg has been quiet of late but I note service has now resumed:

totally rubbish,those endless vote's after vote by our sovereign govt delayed it,may was just of 600+,moggers made canny money out of it.

5 hours ago, evadgib said:

The Mogg has been quiet of late but I note service has now resumed:

surely he should be joining forces with farage if he wants a proper brexit along with Blo job,two of the most spineless brits on the planet,they would even push corbyn close.

2 hours ago, tebee said:

and something like c+++ will take probably 7 years to negotiate.

a piece of cake we were told,iam still hoping for singapore/switzerland ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ i reckon about 40 years

4 hours ago, baboon said:

And then what? A hard Brexiteer takes the helm? Parliament will vote against whatever they have in store. So now what?

even less chance of a hard brexiteer getting anything through parliament,5-10 years of the last 3 years would be the outcome,hopefully a remainer gets the job and has the gooleys to put revoking A50 in front of parliament which we all know will sail through.

19 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

Surely it wouldn't take long, because 1) they can use the Canada deal as a template, and 2) the UK is already (currently) fully aligned with the EU whereas Canada wasn't.

As for NI, I assume that's what the +++ bit will address. 

Furthermore the EU already said they can make operational changes in Ireland to cope with any no deal Brexit. So we know it must be possible. 

The only thing that solves the NI conundrum absent the non-existent alternative arrangements is  CU and SM membership for NI alone.

But that puts a customs border in the Irish Sea.....

For an FTA existing alignment isn't that big of a deal, problem with copy and paste is that what Canada wanted from a trade deal is not what the UK would want.  

3 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

My guess? The new PM scraps the withdrawal agreement (surrender treaty) and starts discussions with the EU on a comprehensive FTA, i.e. Canada ++. If the terms are right it should get enough support in Parliament. And the EU already put this on the table early on in the negotiations. 

However, the new PM is likely to be Boris the clown, so I just hope he surrounds himself with smart people and good negotiators to do all the work. 

BJ is an absolute clown regardless of brexit,just watch the hour documentary that followed him around,the man cannot look after himself let alone a nation of millions,may wasnt great but boris couldnt tie her shoe laces.

8 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Had you and your ERG put the country first we would have left the EU on March 29th.

Had Grieve & Co stuck to their manifesto and the wishes of their constituents there wouldn't be an ERG 

9 hours ago, 7by7 said:

I think the confusion arises as some (including yourself) think the eu/may 'deal' is brexit - whereas many (most?) consider it BRINO?

9 hours ago, 7by7 said:

His performance on last night's Peston was quite revealing.

Unfortunately Dom-the-Weazel was there too but my interest was with Mogg & Mercer ????

11 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

Apparently there are strong rumours going around Westminster that May will resign tonight.  This is as the 1922 committee meet to discuss changing the rules so that she can be forced to leave. 

We can all live in hope....! 

Just an educated guess (or wishful thinking).

did not happen so

Tomorrow or Monday are the next pundits dates to watch, Billy Hill must be making a mint on this fiasco.:coffee1:

Just now, Basil B said:

did not happen so

Tomorrow or Monday are the next pundits dates to watch, Billy Hill must be making a mint on this fiasco.:coffee1:

I found a transcript on twitter of her meeting with the 1922 committee.

Screenshot_2019-05-23-06-43-17-108.jpeg

14 hours ago, baboon said:

But Bill, they aren't. They just don't know what to do and don't want the fallout on their doorsteps. They are trying (and failing) to alienate the least amount of people possible.

A Nigel Farage or a George Galloway can do their Pied Piper thing, but then quickly bugger off when the heat is on, returning when the heat has cooled down a bit to posture and say 'I told you so'.

Yes, who isn't pi$$ed off with Parliament now? But we do need to realise that short of 1930s Germany, it is all we have. Besides, we are well on track for a 'No Deal and the EU hates us into the bargain' Brexit, so I wouldn't be too troubled in your position...

I agree with you that Nigel Farage buggered off having left the actual Brexit work to DC and the Tories to carry out their promise.

It only took DC a few days for him to quit leaving Teresa May to pick up the poisoned chalice and in 3 years manage to screw up Brexit, UK politics and the EU.

I can see a no deal Brexit on the horizon probably under Boris until the next general election when the Brexit Party under Nigel Farage becomes a major party in the UK parliament. 

I am sure that both major parties will lose many seats then and perhaps the Lib/Dems may gain a few.

After that who knows? The surviving lot of MPs will perhaps learn to listen to their constituents more than to themselves and the quality of MPs may even improve. 

4 hours ago, Basil B said:

did not happen so

The 1922 committee AGAIN decided not to change the rules so she can be kicked out. So frustrating. 

I only hope they came to that decision because they know something we don't, i.e. that she's going to resign very soon. 

3 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

The 1922 committee AGAIN decided not to change the rules so she can be kicked out. So frustrating. 

I only hope they came to that decision because they know something we don't, i.e. that she's going to resign very soon. 

According to newsnight TM will have a meeting with the head of the 1922 committee on Friday, if she doesn't resign he will open a sealed envelope with the results of a ballot whether to change the rules or not.

11 hours ago, bomber said:

JRM firstly made sure his money making bizzness was nicely settled in,in london Dublin

JRM owns 15% of Somerset Capital.  Somerset Capital are a wealth management company and operate multiple investment funds that people can invest in. Irish UCITS funds are one of the fastest growing investment products, and they allow retail investors across the EU to invest. Somerset Capital have added an Irish fund to their portfolio of offerings so that their EU investors can benefit from this booming investment area. New Irish UCITS funds are being opened every day by money managers everywhere.

Saying that Somerset Capital have moved their business to Dublin is like saying Thomas Cook have moved their business to Benidorm because they started offering holiday packages there. 

What you've done is fallen for the media spin. 

30 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

JRM owns 15% of Somerset Capital.  Somerset Capital are a wealth management company and operate multiple investment funds that people can invest in. Irish UCITS funds are one of the fastest growing investment products, and they allow retail investors across the EU to invest. Somerset Capital have added an Irish fund to their portfolio of offerings so that their EU investors can benefit from this booming investment area. New Irish UCITS funds are being opened every day by money managers everywhere.

Saying that Somerset Capital have moved their business to Dublin is like saying Thomas Cook have moved their business to Benidorm because they started offering holiday packages there. 

You can turn it upside down and inside out he personally made £700k extra deserting the UK and didnt deny it when asked on TV

12 minutes ago, nontabury said:

Proof pleas.

Was on UK tv about 2-3 months ago at 2000 till 2100,you have stated on here today you watch too many of these political shows maybe you prefered not to watch this one knowing its content...the name of the show i dont recall exactly but something along the lines of "brexit what you need to know" moggers didnt have an answer on camera when asked about his £700k windfall,the same show phoned BJs secetary asking a price for a 1 hour after dinner spech on brexit,£100k was the reply,you need to change the channel as you and the "wife" wont learn much watching coranation street.

34 minutes ago, bomber said:
1 hour ago, CG1 Blue said:

You can turn it upside down and inside out he personally made £700k extra deserting the UK and didnt deny it when asked on TV

How did he desert the UK - can you just explain it please? 

I've just explained how the business he co-founded started offering a new product for EU retail investors. It's only fair that you explain to us how JRM deserted the UK. Unless you can't because you made it up...

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 12:57 PM, billd766 said:

In 2016 the majority who voted, voted to leave and the government said, leave it to us and we will get the best deal AND we will leave on 29 March 2019.

In 2016 a overwhelmingly landslide majority of... 51,88 %, ignoring a mare = 48,11 % bunch of idiots, who voted from Remain with many now who regret their vote now.

1 hour ago, CG1 Blue said:

Yes, maybe, but that doesn't give him the excuse to do his "Citizen Smith" impression!

Archived