What Needs Farang In Big City?

What farang needs in the Bangkok and ready to pay for that?  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Dear Friends,

I would like to know what farang needs in such Big City like Bangkok? What for farangs are ready to pay? What it is convenient to buy in on-line shop? If you have any other idea about items needed, please reply. Thanks in advance :o

Edited by Mamboking

Mambo, I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve here. Farangs will want most - if not all - these things (particularly the whine). And they will be prepared to pay for them.

And - here's the tricky part - they already do. Everything you list is freely available in abundance in shops, stores, markets and on the streets.

What's your point?

Mambo, I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve here. Farangs will want most - if not all - these things (particularly the whine). And they will be prepared to pay for them.

And - here's the tricky part - they already do. Everything you list is freely available in abundance in shops, stores, markets and on the streets.

What's your point?

The point is to find idea for on-line shop. Yes, mostly those items are easly reachable, but from my experience of staying in BKK I can say that mostly I have no time or just lazy to buy those stuff coz I have take my ass and go to some shop.

Edited by Mamboking

lol

I'd appreciate being able to subscribe to magazines locally but I can still get them delivered to my door via subscriptions from their websites, but a better selection of English books on the other hand could be interesting seeing as Amazon et al dont ship to Thailand.

lol

I'd appreciate being able to subscribe to magazines locally but I can still get them delivered to my door via subscriptions from their websites, but a better selection of English books on the other hand could be interesting seeing as Amazon et al dont ship to Thailand.

Books, magazines.... ok. Ic. But what about DVD rent for example with delivery to your door?

And so, in one mad rush, human evolution reached it's lowest point . . . .

Do you think that's smart? It's not about human evolution, it's about business evolution. Why should I spent time if I need just some mouse click to get what I want?

Probably you're happy person coz I c that you have time always and for everything. But I'm working usually until 23:00 - 01:00 so I can buy just most important like food or water for example on my way home.

would that be a chilled whine, or a red wine or a bl**dy good whine......

Would say some posters here have the latter marketplace well and truly covered.

Regards

PS this is your idea of market research...., I'll leave the comments to Bendix I think, further is superfluous

yeap . great idea in a city where there are 10,000 vendors on every street corner selling dvds for 100 a pop.

May be you're right. But I never buy such DVD coz of different reasons. And the main reason - I don't want to make my condo like DVD's stock.

to be honest, you've missed the boat.

Even McDonalds delivers here. Motorbike delivery is cheap and inexpensive. Heck, I even get the "motorcye" guy at work to run my errands for me. Slip him 100 baht and I've saved myself 2 hours.

to be honest, you've missed the boat.

Even McDonalds delivers here. Motorbike delivery is cheap and inexpensive. Heck, I even get the "motorcye" guy at work to run my errands for me. Slip him 100 baht and I've saved myself 2 hours.

:o I'm not applying to be first, but I'm sure that still can get into this market segment. Just I have skills like web-programmer and e-commerce that's my passion. But I'm looking for good idea. That's all.

And so, in one mad rush, human evolution reached it's lowest point . . . .

Do you think that's smart? It's not about human evolution, it's about business evolution. Why should I spent time if I need just some mouse click to get what I want?

Probably you're happy person coz I c that you have time always and for everything. But I'm working usually until 23:00 - 01:00 so I can buy just most important like food or water for example on my way home.

hey, i'm not knocking you.

I just think Bkk is a city of instant gratification. You can get everything here, just about any time of the day or night, either on the streets, in shops or online. Usually, it's available immediately. And as someone else said, we can pay a guy 100 baht to go collect it for us. I do that to pay bills, for example.

I think to make something like this work it has to do one of three things: identify something that is not easily obtainable (very difficult, unless you're sourcing from overseas and in that example, people can still get them online more directly), offer to get it to the consumer much quicker than other vendors, or offer it at a huge discount.

Without that, I don't see what you USP is.

But good luck with finding it and report back your progress.

foodbyphonebkk.com has many immediate to-your-door deliverables by on-line order:

I've used them for an "emergency" when I just couldnt be bothered to go to the store...(and it was after hours and the house/office maids/messengers were not available etc.)

BEERS

CHOCOLATES

CIDERS

CIGARETTES

DVD'S

FLOWERS

FRUIT JUICES

ICE CREAMS

MAGAZINES

SOFT DRINKS

SUPERMARKET ITEMS (call cards, household items, toiletries, stationary, food items, condiments, pet items etc.)

WINE

Edited by trajan

Yeah, Mamboking, try to open a business like foodbyphonebkk.com and try beating them if you think you can make it, get a better service and a wider variety of products than them and I'll be your customer forever :o

...(particularly the whine)...

Well, we may not pay for it, but farangs in Thailand often seem inclined to "whine" about this and that, myself included. :D

Note, spelling from "What farang needs in the Bangkok and ready to pay for that?" :D

great idea in a city where there are 10,000 vendors on every street corner selling dvds for 100 a pop.

Problem with DVD's in BKK or anywhere in Thailand, it's the same 100 DVD's everywhere! Get me a wider selection of DVDs (like Netflix) and I'd happily drop HBO.

Get me Jarlsberg to Phitsanulok, and I'm your dedicated customer!

Get me Braastad XO cognac at a resonable price, and I'll invest in your company!

Seriously, I think Bangkokians think the world is flat and drops off outside of Ayuthaya! A service that lets provincial folks get the variety of Bangkok of Chiang Mai to their dusty doorstep would be the better than sliced bread and the divided highway!

Considah dat! :o

Dear Friends,

I would like to know what farang needs in such Big City like Bangkok? What for farangs are ready to pay? What it is convenient to buy in on-line shop? If you have any other idea about items needed, please reply. Thanks in advance :o

Mamboking, you are in Web 1.0 era. That's the one that crashed badly in 2001. and drove the world's economy down.

Those were the days when the cost of acquiring 1 customer was 800US$ and then, the customer wants a 15$ bottle of wine (not "whine") and you scramble to find it for 13$ and try to make money...how?.it still has to be shipped.

Stupidities like "greengroccer.com" have failed.

There is nothing that can not be found in BKK, even the plebs supermarkets carry many things we might not want, but may consider to buy.

There is absolutely nothing I would want in BKK that is not already available.

The papers and magazines come to BKK 10am, even in Tokyo they come 2pm. In Pattaya, they come 1pm.

You are wasting your time (and a few minutes of mine) trying to turn Web 1.0 water into "whine".

lol

Amazon delivered to me before without any problems.

Anyway, I need Ribena, open up an online Ribena store.