Thai Toilet Drop Zone

We have 4 bathrooms in our house. We added two of them, and re-furbished the original two which were, frankly, quite disgusting. We re-tiled walls and floors so the toilets got broken out in two of them.

What I found when using them before we re-did them was that the two pans were shaped so that the front was very shallow and the wedding tackle rested on the porcelain. So that dictated our choice of new pan shape.

So now we got 4 suites where the shape of the pan is such that the wedding tackle does not touch it, coincidently the water line in the bowl is larger in two of the pans so that excreted material drops into the water. That pleases me because one is our bedroom en suite and one the common use downstairs bathroom. The other two are still only possessing a small water area as the OP complains but only Thais use them anyway for the most part and I never use either.

all asian toilets have floor drains so it don't matter much where the excreta lands as ye can just pick up the bum gun and rinse it all away...handy to have as in my old age I get a bit of incontinence from time to  time...just gotta get yer pants off first or there's a mess...

'10 reasons why I prefer Thailand to my home western country'...'ewww, that sounds horrible' 'get outta here, feces phobia is a western pathology...'

1 minute ago, tutsiwarrior said:

all asian toilets have floor drains so it don't matter much where the excreta lands as ye can just pick up the bum gun and rinse it all away...handy to have as in my old age I get a bit of incontinence from time to  time...just gotta get yer pants off first or there's a mess...

'10 reasons why I prefer Thailand to my home western country'...'ewww, that sounds horrible' 'get outta here, feces phobia is a western pathology...'

I am uncertain whether or not you are talking sh$te  ????????

• 2 months later...
On 5/19/2019 at 10:43 AM, cliveshep said:

We have 4 bathrooms in our house. We added two of them, and re-furbished the original two which were, frankly, quite disgusting. We re-tiled walls and floors so the toilets got broken out in two of them.

What I found when using them before we re-did them was that the two pans were shaped so that the front was very shallow and the wedding tackle rested on the porcelain. So that dictated our choice of new pan shape.

So now we got 4 suites where the shape of the pan is such that the wedding tackle does not touch it, coincidently the water line in the bowl is larger in two of the pans so that excreted material drops into the water. That pleases me because one is our bedroom en suite and one the common use downstairs bathroom. The other two are still only possessing a small water area as the OP complains but only Thais use them anyway for the most part and I never use either.

nice reply sir....I particularly like the Geoffrey Rush immortalized use of the term "wedding tackle"

On 5/19/2019 at 5:23 PM, tutsiwarrior said:

The bum gun makes absolute sense, when travelling back in the western world I now feel deprived of what I feel should be a basic human right!!!!

Ok, I'm new in Thailand (like today).  I'm female (for context and visualization).

So, the bum gun.....I understand the use and value of the bum gun as a woman when peeing, indeed I think it's splendid and now I use the paper for drying my bits only.  However there is one thing that concerns me...pooing.  It seems to me that to blast ones back bottom with a bum gun would result in an unhygenic spray back.  I'm talking about microdroplets which would hit the back of the toilet walls, my skin..everywhere.  This cannot be right.  The alternative would be to wipe with paper and then finish with the gun but then I can't bring myself to put poo paper in a bin. It's horrible

I don't know what to do

Help

Archived