Non-immigrant "o" Visa For Girlfriend

:o Hi, I am a 25 yr old male from Ireland living in Thailand. I have a year visa and work permit. My girlfriend who is also Irish has lived and worked here for a year with a visa and work permit. She finished her contract and went home a month ago to go to a wedding. She will be coming back in July and she is trying to obtain a visa. She is also pregnant and we plan to have the baby here in Thailand in October. I am trying to find out if she can get a Non immigrant O" visa for a year based on me supporting her. What is needed for this. Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Brinog

• 3 weeks later...

Without a marriage certificate you are stuck however registering a marriage as 2 aliens in Thailand is not all that difficult although a little costly. Having the marriage certificate would enable you to get a 'Type O' for your wife as you have a work permit. I believe that being married also makes register the birth easier both in Thailand and at the embassy. The child will also be eligable for Thai citizenship.

hope that helps a bit

Without a marriage certificate you are stuck however registering a marriage as 2 aliens in Thailand is not all that difficult although a little costly. Having the marriage certificate would enable you to get a 'Type O' for your wife as you have a work permit. I believe that being married also makes register the birth easier both in Thailand and at the embassy. The child will also be eligable for Thai citizenship.

hope that helps a bit

Not so. Eligibility for citizenship takes more than that. A lot more.

• 1 month later...

The thai government websites say that a Child of Legal Aliens residing in thailand can acquire Thai citizenship.Then why it's still not possible to get thai citizenship for legal alien's child?I WANNA KNOW WHAT ARE THE REAL REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS?What government means by Legal Aliens?

Legal is clear, I still try to find a definition for 'alien'. From outer space is perhaps not the correct translation.

Serious now, I would not dare to give any helpful advice on matters as complex as a nationality-act, not at home and certainly not in Thailand.

However, an educated guess would suggest you are not a legal alien unless you acquired PR (permanent residency).

All others living and working, and/or being spouse, do have a temporary permission to stay which was acquired by reaching these lovely shores as a Non-immigrant and having held a visa with such category Non-immigrant..

So as long as you hold a permit to stay for maximum 1 year you are temporary visiting, not illegal but not a legal alien.