30 Day Extension 1,900 Baht

3 reasons:

- the 30 days extention are not counted in the 90 per 180 days limit

- some people need to travel far for their visa run, this costs money and time

- Some people need to get a visa for the country that they visit when doing a visa run, this costs money

@ BR

As an Indian a no Visa Entry stamp isnt applicable, instead it requires to have a valid visa either before you arrive or get a 15 day Visa on Arrival. Mine is a 2 month Tourist Visa with 30 day stay permit and as mentioned got only extended by a week.

So, beleive its to do with your nationality as well, as I had last been in Thailand sometime last year in Aug for a about a month and had left mid Sept, and thats before 1st Oct '06.

Hi Folks:

If you already have a 60 day tourist visa you can extend for another 30 days at a price of 1,900 Baht.

Why?

For most it would be easier to do a border run for half that amount. Myself only 300 baht.

Where is the benefit of extending?

BR

Why? Because it costs money to run the Thai Immigration, pay the employees, maintain the buildings, etc. In addition, you can only do border runs 3 times in a row, so you most likely need to extend at some point. Next time you ask a question like this, please think a little.

i had my visa extended on august 2006, they wouldn't extend for 30 days, they said i couldn't get 30 days rather only 10 days because i'm not originally from thailand and don't have an id. they said citizens from the usa can get a max of 10 days extension for 1900 baht. it would've cost me about 500 baht extra to travel to get a visa run, additionally i'd have to pay for the person who took me... :o

Why? Because it costs money to run the Thai Immigration, pay the employees, maintain the buildings, etc. In addition, you can only do border runs 3 times in a row, so you most likely need to extend at some point. Next time you ask a question like this, please think a little.

Lighten up.

Lighten up.

Lighten up? Come on. Its the truth and you know it ..

For those countries that receive a 60 day tourist visa stay the 30 day extension is normal. For those that now only receive a 30 day stay on a tourist visa both 7 days and 30 days extensions have been reported. Believe the 7 day reports posted were Indian but not sure if due to country or individuals.

Hi Folks:

If you already have a 60 day tourist visa you can extend for another 30 days at a price of 1,900 Baht.

Why?

For most it would be easier to do a border run for half that amount. Myself only 300 baht.

Where is the benefit of extending?

BR

Non-immigrant B visa,extension 7 days 1900 baht.Me surprised indeed that a tourist visa gets 30 days and a non-immigrant only 7 days however these are the rules since 1 october the immigration officer in jomtien told me.Is this so?

By the way how do you do a borderrun for 300 baht?Visa for cambodia 1000 baht,for laos 1500 baht?

Why get the ext? to get 30 days. whats the benefit? to avoid the 4 hour travel and all that entails. worth it"? to me you better believe it is. If the border run was free, I'd still pay the 1900 to avoid the hassle. I've got better things to do than waste a day doing a border run

Edited by Fred Sanford

The only rule change is that now most offices only allow 7 day extension where before it varied up to about 15 days for non immigrant visas (which are not in the review process for one year stay). The tourist visa has always been designed to have a 30 day extension if desired.

As for 300 baht border runs not sure who said that but if you lived close to Malaysia there is no visa change there for most people.

The only rule change is that now most offices only allow 7 day extension where before it varied up to about 15 days for non immigrant visas (which are not in the review process for one year stay). The tourist visa has always been designed to have a 30 day extension if desired.

As for 300 baht border runs not sure who said that but if you lived close to Malaysia there is no visa change there for most people.

I have a multiple entry non immigrant B visa.(no workpermit)I always read that it is possible to make it a 1 year stay visa which you later can extend year by year.Can someone explain what the requirements are.

so does that mean i got ripped off :o because i had a tourist visa for 30 days [visa at re-entry from laos, so basically i crossed the border and had re-entered], and i went to extend at immigration and they said i can only get 10 days, i ended up having to pay fines at the airport before departing because they refused to extend it for me because i was staying another 15 days, it only covered 10 days and i ended up paying 5 days in fines, 2500 baht. :D

There is no visa on entry of 30 days. A tourist visa must be obtained from a Consulate and provides 60 day entry for most people but only 30 days for those that have 15 day visa on arrival privilege. A 60 day entry can normally be extended 30 days but those with 30 day entry have reported both 30 day and shorter extensions

Extension of a 30 day visa exempt entry is not a normal extension of stay and has never been for more than 10 days as far as I know - and believe it is now only 7 days.

There is no visa on entry of 30 days. A tourist visa must be obtained from a Consulate and provides 60 day entry for most people but only 30 days for those that have 15 day visa on arrival privilege. A 60 day entry can normally be extended 30 days but those with 30 day entry have reported both 30 day and shorter extensions

Extension of a 30 day visa exempt entry is not a normal extension of stay and has never been for more than 10 days as far as I know - and believe it is now only 7 days.

I'm getting confused, there is a such thing as a 30 day visa entry. I just went last year and I didn't have to get a visa from the consulate. But I was allowed to stay 30 days, thereafter I would need an extension. But I went to Laos, and came back into Thailand, so I had another 30 days. But I ended up staying 45 instead of 30, so I went to extend, and they gave me 10 days, and I payed the other 5 overstay, 500 baht per day. :o

edit

well i'm going again this time, but i'm getting 60 days from the consulate so i don't have to deal with this extension frustration

Edited by noungning

Again - if you did not obtain a visa from a Consulate prior to entry you did not obtain a visa entry for 30 days - you obtained a visa exempt entry and they are not treated the same as a visa entry and are never allowed a 30 day extension of stay. They are also subject to a max of 90 days in any six month period now.

The tourist visa is good for 60 days + an extension of 30. The extention costs 1,900. I'm going to get another visa anyway, so why pay the extra money for 30 days when I can apply that money for a trip getting a new visa?

BR

A 30 day extension could be obtained in-country. Whereas, a visa has to be done out-country. If you are gonna quarrel over bht 1900, go ahead and make your day. :o

Again - if you did not obtain a visa from a Consulate prior to entry you did not obtain a visa entry for 30 days - you obtained a visa exempt entry and they are not treated the same as a visa entry and are never allowed a 30 day extension of stay. They are also subject to a max of 90 days in any six month period now.

ahhh ok, that is a clearer answer, i didn't get it the first time around. so now that i have gotten a proper visa from the consulate, how long can i stay? or is it also 90 days?

As Lopburi said , there is no such thing as a 30 day Visa on entry. What you got was a 30 day visa waiver stamp. Not a Visa.

Good idea, get a Tourist Visa for 60days and you can extend it for another 30 days.

so the max is still 90 days?