Extension Renewal using BAHTNET ....any issues ?

I will shortly be applying for Extension based on Retirement using the monthly income option. Funds are sourced in UK from 2 Pension Providers. My UK State Pension (paid 4 weekly) is deposited into Bangkok Bank through the Bahtnet system after conversion from GBP into Baht. The Bank Statement and Bank Book are duly  marked as ‘BAHTNET’ via ‘USER’. Is anyone aware whether Immigration are accepting such designated transactions as proof of foreign income ? Presumably Bangkok Bank will use the same information in their confirmatory letter. Would be most grateful to hear of experiences.

BahtNet indicates it is a domestic transfer. You must prove the funds came from abroad.

It appears your funds are being transferred via a intermediary bank here.

I have read reports that pension funds transferred directly from the UK are sent to Citibank here. A member was able to get proof the came funds came from abroad from them.

12 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

BahtNet indicates it is a domestic transfer. You must prove the funds came from abroad.

I have read reports that pension funds transferred directly from the UK are sent to Citibank here. A member was able to get proof the came funds came from abroad from them.

Yes, it's Citibank. I have had trouble getting a reply from them regarding proof of funds coming from abroad.

Mentioned before that Bangkok Bank provide a credit note that shows source of funds(UK), intermediary  bank (Citibank) receiving bank (Bangkok Bank) but not sufficient to get a letter from Bangkok Bank!

Real PIA.

21 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Many thanks UJ...I will contact accordingly. Could this also be an issue with my other Pension Provider ? They  transfer my Company pension into a Foreign Currency Account (GBP) in Thailand (again Bangkok Bank) via a Third Party. The Bank Statement specifies it is a Pension Payment and a No-Book Transfer again via "USER" Channel. The sequence with this Pension is that the Provider pays funds into an overseas account and then the overseas provider bank transfers the funds to my nominated bank account in Thailand. There is no currency exchange involved, the funds transfer being in GBP throughout.

Given another party is involved do you think I should also make contact with this second Pension Provider (as with Citibank above) also to obtain more proof ?

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes I switched from my UK pension being paid into my UK bank to it being paid directly to my Thai bank.  Too much hassle to get confirmation that it was indeed an international transfer so changed back to it paid into UK bank. At least there is no doubt when using transferwise to Bangkok bank as it is always listed as an international transfer, so far anyway.

Edited by geoffbezoz
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Thailand said:

Yes, it's Citibank. I have had trouble getting a reply from them regarding proof of funds coming from abroad.

Mentioned before that Bangkok Bank provide a credit note that shows source of funds(UK), intermediary  bank (Citibank) receiving bank (Bangkok Bank) but not sufficient to get a letter from Bangkok Bank!

Real PIA.

Thank you for your comments....another hurdle to stagger over !! How are you tackling the problem....? Did DWP in UK assist or did you have to make contact directly with Citibank ?

I don't wish to hijack this thread but I have a similar situation concerning international transfers from Barclays UK to my TMB account in Thailand.

My monthly transfers show as 'Transfer in via EXIM'.  EXIM is the Thailand Export/Import Bank so I assume that when Barclays send Sterling this gets converted to Baht by EXIM, who then forward the Baht to TMB.  Sounds straightforward enough but will Jomptien Immigration understand this?

Anyone out there getting international transfers from UK to TMB?  What code does your statement say?

Edited by doctormann
typo

1 hour ago, Rambo said:

Thank you for your comments....another hurdle to stagger over !! How are you tackling the problem....? Did DWP in UK assist or did you have to make contact directly with Citibank ?

I am trying to make contact with Citibank but so far with no reply from apart from "we have sent your enquiry to the relevant department", this was beginning of May. It was Bangkok Bank who said I have to contact Citibank .

This may or may not help, Rambo, but I found that when my U.S. credit union made transfers to my Bangkok Bank account as Thai baht, the transfer was recorded as a BAHTNET transfer.  Now that I ensure they make the transfer as USD, it arrives as "international transfer."  When you contact your bank, you may want to try to find out if they're making the transfer as baht or dollars.

5 hours ago, Thailand said:

I am trying to make contact with Citibank but so far with no reply from apart from "we have sent your enquiry to the relevant department", this was beginning of May. It was Bangkok Bank who said I have to contact Citibank .

Hopefully a reply before too long. Perhaps you would keep me posted on what happens. Much appreciated...