You are not logged in ▶️ Click to sign-up or login ×
ASEANNOW Official TikTok account is now LIVE! -Follow Us! ×

Ford Ranger and Raptor Air Filter

BBJ

Just wondered if anyone knew if the design, as in fitment are shared.  The OEM design.  I know a few vehicles share the same filter, or at least OEM fitment.  Does anyone know?

Many Thanks

4 hours ago, BBJ said:

Just wondered if anyone knew if the design, as in fitment are shared.

As I'm sure you know OEM Air-Filter used by vehicle manufacturers are bought on mass and it wouldn't surprise me that manufacturers of air-filters can match any air-filter used in other makes.

Cost is always the factor in what air-filter make is used, OEM are usually period change types and some after-market washable have 10 year or more lifespan.

The right air-filter seems to be more important these days because of Mass Air Flow sensors used in most vehicles.  

6 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

As I'm sure you know OEM Air-Filter used by vehicle manufacturers are bought on mass and it wouldn't surprise me that manufacturers of air-filters can match any air-filter used in other makes.

Cost is always the factor in what air-filter make is used, OEM are usually period change types and some after-market washable have 10 year or more lifespan.

The right air-filter seems to be more important these days because of Mass Air Flow sensors used in most vehicles.  

This is what I am looking for really.  Curious i Toyota and others are the same?

11 minutes ago, BBJ said:

This is what I am looking for really.  Curious i Toyota and others are the same?

Yeah as I said I would not be surprised, a cost factor the same goes for many vehicle components throughout the whole of the vehicle assembly I believe.

Archived