Gardening Needs

find route #9 going north outta BKK, on the outskirts but still within the city limits there are dozens of nurseries with everything from bedding plants to small trees, pots both unglazed and with elaborate glazes, topiary elephants in pots, statuettes and figurines of lions an' tigers, crocodiles an' zebras...plenty of compost mixture and coco shell husks for potting...stopped an' had a look around; didn't see any seed packets but there are seedlings for most anything. De wife bought a dozen unglazed pots fer de magnificent new back terrace...bunged dem inta de minivan an' MOVED ON DOWN DE ROAD :o

I suppose that on any dual carriageway going out of town when far enough out you could find this arrangement...a large selection plus probably a lot cheaper than what ye could find in town...

Or just go to Chatuchak on the wkend. Huge gardening section. I'd go for one thing and end up buying 20. Great selection and prices seem reasonable, but as Tutsi said, out of town is likely cheaper.

Oh, and I wouldn't buy hibiscus seeds -- take forever to grow; get a starter plant. Usually labelled so you can see the bloom colour. Grows up fast and needs lots of pruning to make the tree bushy.

Edited by Jet Gorgon

According to a friend of mine, Wed is the day all the nurseries come and set up in the middle. The regular stalls are open on the weekends but Wed is the day for gardening. Never been myself as I don't live in Bangkok but boy would I love to go with a ten wheel truck and a big wad of money some day :o