Thailand Elite: Extension process at CW?

Hi,

I am currently in TH on a TE visa. Early on I made a couple of trips abroad so never had to consider getting an extension at Chaeng Wattana. However, I doubt that I will make another trip abroad before the current stay permit expires in July. Hence, I wonder if any of the other TE members have ever got a new 12 month stamp by visiting the Immigration Office in CW. What was the process like? What were the documents and copies you had to provide when asking for the extension? Is only the TM7 required plus the latest departure card? Anything else? Yes, I will also send an email to TE and ask them as well but it would be nice to hear from people with first hand experience on this. Especially since I´ve never had to visit CW before and some of the stories here on TV sound rather "scary". :-) 

Thank you!

DUS

tm7 for extension, one photo, copy of profile details page on passport, copy of 5 year visa, copy of page of last extension, and entry into thailand, copy of departure stamp from previous country on last entry into thailand, copy of tm6 arrivals card stapled in passport, signature every copy of pages,get a ticket inside the immigration, ask for N1, best to help them know, sometimes they ask another official to confirm, just repeat N1, wait around for ever as 1000 agents take control of N-section, then hey presto, pay your extension money 1900 baht, sign 2 more documents the io gives everyone,go to another desk to have a superior sign of the extension. What should take 50 minutes can take a hell of alot longer, thanks to agents city campus, and leave the circus job completed

• Like 2

6 hours ago, humbug said:

tm7 for extension, one photo, copy of profile details page on passport, copy of 5 year visa, copy of page of last extension, and entry into thailand, copy of departure stamp from previous country on last entry into thailand, copy of tm6 arrivals card stapled in passport, signature every copy of pages,get a ticket inside the immigration, ask for N1, best to help them know, sometimes they ask another official to confirm, just repeat N1, wait around for ever as 1000 agents take control of N-section, then hey presto, pay your extension money 1900 baht, sign 2 more documents the io gives everyone,go to another desk to have a superior sign of the extension. What should take 50 minutes can take a hell of alot longer, thanks to agents city campus, and leave the circus job completed

I’m surprised they don’t make you recite the Thai alphabet backwards while hopping up and down on one leg as well.

In any event, you’ve presented a pretty strong argument for leaving/re-entering as opposed to doing extensions.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, fusion58 said:

I’m surprised they don’t make you recite the Thai alphabet backwards while hopping up and down on one leg as well.

In any event, you’ve presented a pretty strong argument for leaving/re-entering as opposed to doing extensions.

haha, its turned into a circus at n-section, actually not so long ago, elite and many other visas could use N2 for fast track,but the agents took over that one desk, so you see piles of passports etc per agent, now mostly everyone has to use N1, which is a real pain, becauae the agents take many of the queue number tickets so they can service their clients throughout the day, and if they dont have the right ticket, they just jump the queue, if you have an elite assistant with you, then that will be now fast track, if you go by your self be prepared and relax down stairs away from the circus, as it can be painfully slow; Or to hell with extending and exit and re-enter at your pleasure, 

11 hours ago, humbug said:

May be an agent can do it for $1,000 baht. Worth the hassle and time. Does it have to be done in-person? I am thinking about getting a TE. I will wait till the insurance malarkey and agent reliability are well established. My 2nd year O-A expires March, 2020.

Edited by onera1961
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Am I mistaken in thinking that Thailand Elite previously wrote that they help with extensions at Immigration? I always thought that was part of the service and the impression I had was that Thailand Elite had someone (or even a few people) ready to help anyone with a Thailand Elite visa who had to do anything at Immigration in Bangkok.

Don’t know if this is relevant to your request.

My missus had a new passport so need a new 5 year visa Sticker as her old passport expired. After her entry into Thailand with her new passport and accompanied by a Thai elite personnel , the IO affixed a one year stay stamp on it and asked her to get the 5 year visa sticker from CW. Thailand elite can get some people to handle it. You pay tb2000 for the service. Go to CW , meet the person at the designated gate and hand over your passport and he will handle the rest . He will ask you to come back meet him at a certain place to collect your passport in 2 hours time. Good luck. 

• Thanks 1

Dear DUS,

I have done this process for my boyfriend in the past who has TE as well.

You'll need the form, photos mentioned in earlier posts and also I recommend you go copy all pages + departure card in your passport (we missed one and had to walk far to make another copy).

Important to note: you can use Elite service free one time, after that they charge 1,500 baht each time.

In any case, we did it by ourself and it was very easy. Don't bother taking a queue number, just go to N1 counter, wait for one of the lady officers to finish with a customer and gently ask her if it is here to do an extension for Elite visa with a smile if possible. They will take care of you immediately, I guarantee it. The lady with the desk on the right is nice and helpful I recommend her. Then process is 10-15 minutes and cost 1,900 baht.

Hope this will be helpful

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Your best bet is just to contact TE and have them tell you what's needed (though the list has been mentioned in a prior post) and then pay 2000 baht for an Elite liaison to go with you to get the whole thing done fast and easy. If you want to save the 2000, then prepare the docs yourself (not that difficult) and go early to get a low queue number and you could be out of there by 10 am. I've done the TM7 process many, many times and if you go early - before 7 am and queue, you'll be out of there by 10 am. If you do the 90 day notification of address at the same time, then you'll be out of there by noon. TE will give you the list of docs you need, make your own copies as specified and your passport photos and you are good to go. Not a big deal. I also understand that TE allows free liaison one time and then the 2nd time you are charged 2000 baht - at least that's what they used to do - not sure if that is the case now. Good luck !

• Thanks 1

• 10 months later...

Hello, elite visa sent me a document that i can go only in that particular day. I got really mad. I paid and I'm not free to go when I want.

Anyway, is it compulsory to go with that document in that day? I'm in pattaya .

Thanks

16 hours ago, aledale said:

Hello, elite visa sent me a document that i can go only in that particular day. I got really mad. I paid and I'm not free to go when I want.

Anyway, is it compulsory to go with that document in that day? I'm in pattaya .

Thanks

You must of contacted Elite, and whether for extension, or the visa stamp, they made an appointment with immigration for you, maybe you had an elite rep. booked to meet with you, for your appointment with immigration, i am only guessing, from your post

6 hours ago, humbug said:

You must of contacted Elite, and whether for extension, or the visa stamp, they made an appointment with immigration for you, maybe you had an elite rep. booked to meet with you, for your appointment with immigration, i am only guessing, from your post

Thanks for your reply.

I'll not meet anyone. They are making me many requests: sent documents to me and immigration, scheduled an appointment to go to the immigration. I asked them if i can go another day, they said , no!

More complicated than a normal tourist visa.

Anyway, next time, shall i tell to them I'll fo the extension?