Advice Needed On House-renting In Krabi

The gf and I are exiting Chiang Mai in about June (air pollution here has become intolerable; traffic jams are getting larger; etc).

Krabi town is the nicest place we found in a tour of southern beaches late 2006. (All of the actual beaches had too much garbage on them, even in the remoter islands, disappointingly.)

Can anyone help with the basics:

• How easy/hard/expensive is it to rent a house in or around Krabi town?

• How long does one wait to get a phone connected?

• Internet service okay? (Have had huge problems with TT&T in Chiang Mai, as does everyone.)

Make it public so all can benefit.

Thanks a lot.

try using google- there are a few sites out there for krabi- krabi info - krabi direct something.

prices 3k- 60k

i live on a island so phones are a long wait- my house had one, and when we bought ours down the street we brought the phone line with us. depends where you are. broadband is in krabi town- its gotten mixed reviews. in krabi town you should have no problem.

once you settle here im sure you'll find beaches with out any garbage, i have. gotta get off the beaten path.

good luck!

The gf and I are exiting Chiang Mai in about June (air pollution here has become intolerable; traffic jams are getting larger; etc).

Krabi town is the nicest place we found in a tour of southern beaches late 2006. (All of the actual beaches had too much garbage on them, even in the remoter islands, disappointingly.)

Can anyone help with the basics:

• How easy/hard/expensive is it to rent a house in or around Krabi town?

• How long does one wait to get a phone connected?

• Internet service okay? (Have had huge problems with TT&T in Chiang Mai, as does everyone.)

Make it public so all can benefit.

Thanks a lot.

post-7678-1173871442_thumb.jpg

Thanks for all that.

What beach is that a pic of?

Now we're here (had to leave Chiang Mai pretty rapidly due to pollution-induced illnesses) we've found a cheapish resort behind Ao Nang - and will look around from here.

I must say that there is very little garbage on the beaches - quite a contrast to last October, where every beach in the South seemed awash with plastic and glass. Suggests that the rains wash it down the rivers?

You said:

"broadband is in krabi town- its gotten mixed reviews. in krabi town you should have no problem."

Could you clarify? 'Mixed reviews' or 'should have no problem'?

Thanks again.

• 1 month later...

Hi Robroy,

My name is Lorna and I have a house for rent in Krabi town. It is newly built, wester style house, fully frunished with all mod cons, including hot water, air con, cooker, TV DVD, washing machine. It is centrally located, with beautiful garden views of the temple. Price is negotiable you can contact me on 0865133147. It will be available as of July. There is a phine line so it shouldnt be too dificult to get the internet set up. I use broad band around here and never really have problems. Please dont hesitate to contact me for any further questions. There are pictures of the house on www.krabipost .com

Kindest regards

Lorna