Gall stone pain after excercise

Batty

Just wondering if anyone could shed any light on this - google hasnt realy helped me.  I have a small gall stone, just a 3 MM tidler that does not usualy cause me any pain, actualy I havent felt any discomfort from it for several months.  After a 7 or 8 month period of getting sick quite a lot for no apparent reason, i have decided to get my act together and get in shape.  Im one week into a new regime of drinking kale juice and congee with chicken every day, and jogging/walking 6.5 KM every day.  

The last few days my gall stone has reared up and started hurting.  Its not too bad, just feels like stitch realy, but its there 24/7 and has been for 3 days and its doing my head in a little, just having this nagging pain there all the time.

I remember a year ago I got my act together health wise and did this same regime for 3 months (before i got prostatitus and had to stop), losing 15 kilos in the process (around 107 to 92 as i remember) and the same thing happened, constant pain in that area, that is how I found out I had a gall stone by going to the docs and getting an ultra sound.  So it seems like the same thing is happening again - eating well, jogging and losing weight seems to bring on the pain.

Like I said, its no big deal - just a gall stone - but why does the pain blow up only when i get healthy?  I have googled it but there is nothing pointing me towards an answer, so i just wondered if this has happened to anyone else?

A gall stone per se does not cause any pain. Pain is felt only when it causes inflammation and/or obstruction.

I suspect what you feel is not from the gall stone (and even what you felt before that which led the US that found the stone was likely not due to the stone, stone just an incidental finding).

More likley it is what it feels like - a stitch or  a muscle cramp.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

A gall stone per se does not cause any pain. Pain is felt only when it causes inflammation and/or obstruction.

I suspect what you feel is not from the gall stone (and even what you felt before that which led the US that found the stone was likely not due to the stone, stone just an incidental finding).

More likley it is what it feels like - a stitch or  a muscle cramp.

Thanks Sheryl, actualy that is what the wife said - muscle, coincidental.