Many uni seats empty as round 4 of tests wraps up

webfact

19 hours ago, seajae said:

Our daughter went to night school every night for her last 2 years of school as well as on weekends to make sure she qualified in the top percentage of acceptances to get her uni of choice( to be a doctor), just maybe there is not enough commitment by the students to do the extra study needed due to the hopeless teaching they get at schools.

Commitment? Seems to me that as a teacher in thailand before. The normal classes withheld vital steps to the students learning as well as failed to make extra effort in assuring comprehension and understanding during normal class time simply so they could hold SPECIAL turoring classes that netted them their extra income. 

In my 10 years as a teacher there i saw this at every school. What was a shame was that i worked at some of the best public and private schools in Thailand. Teachers deliberately keeping vital information and telling parents their students would receive low marks if they didn't go to after school tutoring. 

The sad thing is that as a foreigner, you didn't see that scam and paid for those extra classes instead of calling out those scamming teachers. 

I for one now have 2 daughters in Thailand that are in school now and evaluate all materials and teaching methods to ensure my children do not get misinformed or lack the resources and other material needed that is withheld by their Thai teachers.