Combo Method no longer allowed for extension...

sfokevin

8 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:
10 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:
Are you flaming me?

Not really, but if they want an extra day on the bank book, its no big deal, they are just following orders

Why do you think I have loads of time on my hands so no big deal?

Going to immigration is a very big deal and I hated it. Which is why I paid an agent in the end. It's nothing to do with the time I have or don't have. Their orders are <deleted> if they think a day makes any difference to the money in the bank, but they keep on coming up with more <deleted> orders. Perhaps they want everyone to use an agent, so they keep on making up more <deleted> orders till everyone gives up and uses an agent.

When they decided they wanted everyone to bring proof of residence ( they didn't the time before ) I used my yellow book with a different address to the one I put on the form. Didn't make any difference as they still gave me the extension. Didn't even make a comment about it.

It is only a thought, but it may be that here only the countries are meant whose embassy no longer provides Affidavit (US, England, Australia). It is indeed impossible to use the combination method if your embassy no longer delivers Affidavit or other proof of income. But that has been around since the beginning of this year and in all immigration offices. For countries where the embassy is still delivering an Affidavit or other proof of income, the combination may still be possible. 

So - are AssistThaiVisa affirming that Royal Thai Police Order 35/2561 dated January 2019 has formally been rescinded exclusive to Chiang Mai?  Have they produced the document verifying this?  Doesn't this sound convenient to the agency or unusually bizarre to anyone else?

So - are AssistThaiVisa affirming that Royal Thai Police Order 35/2561 dated January 2019 has formally been rescinded exclusive to Chiang Mai?  Have they produced the document verifying this?  Doesn't this sound convenient to the agency or unusually bizarre to anyone else?

Well they will be in deep trouble if they spread fake news - the computer crime act is no laughing matter in this country! Especially when these “Visa agencies” are under scrutiny of the authorities already.

So far nobody else has confirmed the (fake) “news” they have been spreading.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 minute ago, boonrawdcnx said:

Well they will be in deep trouble if they spread fake news - the computer crime act is no laughing matter in this country! Especially when these “Visa agencies” have caught the eye of the authorities already.

So far nobody else has confirmed the (fake) “news” they have been spreading.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

They better not read the insurance thread as most insurance pronouncements there from CEO's have been fake news.

12 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Why do you think I have loads of time on my hands so no big deal?

Going to immigration is a very big deal and I hated it. Which is why I paid an agent in the end. It's nothing to do with the time I have or don't have. Their orders are <deleted> if they think a day makes any difference to the money in the bank, but they keep on coming up with more <deleted> orders. Perhaps they want everyone to use an agent, so they keep on making up more <deleted> orders till everyone gives up and uses an agent.

When they decided they wanted everyone to bring proof of residence ( they didn't the time before ) I used my yellow book with a different address to the one I put on the form. Didn't make any difference as they still gave me the extension. Didn't even make a comment about it.

I don't have a comment about your time because I don't know what you do in the UK but I do have a question about your last sentence.  Why do you think you can determine whether posters can comment about what you write? 

Here is the official notice from CM Immigration...

#5 Seems to be a combo method?... 

I’m sure the IO will easily apply this rule...  :coffee1:

1F76012B-973A-437E-95DB-95E7775F3434.jpeg

From Tain Visa Agent - Now renamed The Colonial Company

No, it's not easy to apply that rule at all!

That's the point. 

One example out of unlimited specific case variations just to give people that haven't thought about this a taste of why the combo method under the new rules is a TOTAL MESS.

So let's say you have 500K annual income without an embassy letter but you've only been depositing it for 5 months. Plus you have a bank account of 300K.

Will they show leniency the first year for such a combo application without 12 months of deposits? PROBABALY NOT!

If you do have 12 months of deposits or a letter then --

So the pre-seasoning time, 2 or 3 months depending. 

How much needs to be in the bank account?

So the 3 months POST seasoning time needing at least 800K under the full bank method.

In this example, how much needs to be in the bank account for the three months following?

In this example, how much needs to be in the bank account in the time following that where a full bank account method would need at least 400K.

Maybe clever people can guess at that.

But imagine so many variations, each office and officer needing to figure it out for each application. That some offices say just go away we can't deal with this makes perfect sense to me.

The police order as far as SPECIFIC GUIDANCE for enforcement is not even half baked. 

If officers aren't getting guidance, how the heck are expats supposed to prepare for such applications with any level of CONFIDENCE?!?

On 5/31/2019 at 9:14 PM, Jingthing said:

A new class of people that are sitting pretty "safe" and smug now perhaps some of them foolishly feeling that they are somehow superior (and especially well "loved" by the authorities) to the groups of people that have already been severely impacted.

Anyone that's been here more than five years should have seen this coming.

I recall more than ten years ago betting some old scouser that the affidavit would disappear because who in their right mind would take the word of a guy like I was talking to. Who...was boasting how easy it was just to lie about it all and bag a 1 year visa.

Really have to have had your eyes closed not to see this coming.

So much so I've literally built up the 800k over the years. Others chose to piss it away.

Maybe it's a great time to start on of your threads JT. The old...how much do you spend a month? All the boomers and noobs can jump in as always and berate us cheap charlies for not spending 60-70k a month. Truth is they could tolerate the country spending any less.

So here we say more farewells.

Archived