Cancel an extension of stay or a re-entry permit?

I am a longtime lurker and first-time poster to this forum, and I have the following questions:

I will soon begin working in Thailand for a new employer; my previous employer sponsored my non-B visa and subsequent extension of stay; the expiry date of my extension of stay is 3 June 2019.  But to complicate matters, my most recent entry to Thailand (which was in April) was on a re-entry permit (a single, not a multiple).  Of course, the re-entry permit allows me to stay only to the date of my extension of stay (i.e. 3 June), but nevertheless, it has its own multi-digit identification number.

Now I left Thailand for a neighboring country a few days ago, without a new re-entry permit and without canceling anything.  I plan to return to Thailand under the visa-waiver program on 5 June (i.e. two days after the deadline listed on my extension of stay and used single-entry re-entry permit).  I will show sufficient funds and a ticket for travel out of Thailand within 30 days so as to minimize any hassle at the Thai border.  But then with any luck, I will shortly thereafter apply for a non-B visa at my local immigration office with documents from my new employer; it is possible to do so if you enter the country on a 30-day visa waiver stamp.  (I know Thai immigration requires this application to be submitted no later than two weeks before the end of the 30-day permission to stay.)

When I go to my local immigration office to apply for a non-B visa, I would like to give them a termination letter from my previous employer.  My first question to this forum is, should the termination letter include the number of my extension of stay, or instead the number of my (used) single-entry re-entry permit?  To be clear, I used the re-entry permit in April; I will not have used it to enter Thailand on 5 June.  I will instead have entered Thailand on a 30-day visa waiver stamp.  Another question: Does Thai immigration provide an official form for canceling visas/extensions of stays/re-entry permits, or will a termination letter from my previous employer suffice?  Finally, should the termination letter list my termination date as the date that I left Thailand for the neighboring country from which I'm writing this post?

I would be grateful for any correct advice concerning these questions.

Edited by Manaslu

1 hour ago, allane said:

Your previous history is irrelevant. Your Extension of Stay ended when you left your job.

Okay, thank you.  But I'm told that when I apply to change my 30-day visa exemption stamp to a non-B visa, the Thai immigration officials will ask for a letter verifying that I no longer work for my previous employer.  Thai immigration allegedly requires this letter in order to cancel the immigration status I had under my previous employer.  The trouble is, neither I nor my previous employer knows which of the following two numbers to include in the letter:

1. The number of my (expired) extension of stay; or

2. The number of my used (and expired) single-entry re-entry permit.

Edited by Manaslu

38 minutes ago, allane said:

I changed jobs three times. I was never asked to provide such a letter.

That's encouraging, but alas some applicants have been asked for a cancellation letter.  As with so many immigration matters, it often comes down to the whim of the officer "serving" you.