The Bike Shop In Chiang Rai

buddhafly

i've been by the Fat-Free bike shop, but does anyone know if their prices are reasonable with regards to what youd pay elsewhere? i know that some specialty items are marked way-up when sold in provinces distant from bkk, or the west.

anyone done the real research on this?

i've been by the Fat-Free bike shop, but does anyone know if their prices are reasonable with regards to what youd pay elsewhere? i know that some specialty items are marked way-up when sold in provinces distant from bkk, or the west.

anyone done the real research on this?

Compare the prices with Northern Bike shop 2km over the bridge outside the town towards the airport on the left.

yes , the prices are very reasonable

same or even better as in Chiang Mai or Bangkok

the Chiang Rai bike market is big enough to have two good quality bike shops

just a personal choice and approach

at Fat free you will be welcomed by Chompoo in better english ( learned from study abroad )

i am a satisfied customer of both shops , no complaints

• 2 weeks later...

thanks.

i didnt even know there was a 2nd shop.

now, would anyone have a website address ( i think fat free has a site) or phone numbers if you have em handy.

i can get a trek, GT, mongoose, KLEIN in bangkok.

but i'd like a specialized.

thanks 4 help

thanks.

now, would anyone have a website address ( i think fat free has a site) or phone numbers if you have em handy.

thanks 4 help

Northern Bike shop is specialized in TREK and KLEIN . The otherones you can order in both shops

thanks.

thanks 4 help

tel Northern Bike 0814736923

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday I met the owner of P.J. (?) Guest House (Koh Loi, going north to the YMCA turn left pass the library and

\free hair-cut school, somewhere near Akha River House)

who advertises in CR Magazine "free bike rentals"...

anyway, for non-guests it's B30/day. Perhaps, as with other places, one leaves an ID - I didn't ask.

Fat Free, I recall, is over twice that amount (B80? 90?) - but the bikes are nice. Haven't seen these others...

Are there many serious road cyclist in Chiang Rai? I'm looking for a few riding partners who like to go out for 2.5 - 4 hour rides covering 70 - 120km. I'm living in CM now but am considering the move up. Having someone in CR to ride with would make the decision easier.

Are there many serious road cyclist in Chiang Rai? I'm looking for a few riding partners who like to go out for 2.5 - 4 hour rides covering 70 - 120km. I'm living in CM now but am considering the move up. Having someone in CR to ride with would make the decision easier.

It might be worth calling Fat free bike shop, im sure they will know someone ask for Chompoo she speaks very good english and is always happy to help.