Retirement Visa CM

jonwilly

Just done my Retirement Vsa, used Assist Thai visa, B800K method

Fastest ever at the new airport office, 10 mins in and out.

Stood in front of camera had photo taken, young girl checked my photos against passport and did the paperwork provided by Assist and I was on my way.

The young lady had also done my Multi Entry re entry pass at same time.

No mention of time for money to be kept in account, I assume they expect by now we are all in the know.

Excellent service all round.

john

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, rumak said:

it took me 30 minutes,  I did it myself.     I show proof of money in bank.   Very easy for retirement extension if money is kept in bank.    NOTE:  i have nothing against people who want to pay for agent to do it.   

+1 exactly my experience

• Like 2

Not an advert just a Thank You to a company who have consistently given good service to me ever since they were set up and an appreciation of the new high standard of Immigration, Chiang Mai, since there reorganization earlier this year.

john

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, jonwilly said:

Not an advert just a Thank You to a company who have consistently given good service to me ever since they were set up and an appreciation of the new high standard of Immigration, Chiang Mai, since there reorganization earlier this year.

john

Still scared to name the price then?

The OP seems very happy and obviously can afford the great service he paid for.

My experience with agents is the price may vary on what documents a person has or does not have to get their extension.

And depending on demand, the price could change.

My suggestion if one wants to know the price regarding their particular situation to call or visit the agents office.

What constitutes being a "young lady?"  Just how young, and was she for sure a lady?  At least they don't employ girls there.  Perhaps she was simply a woman; her age is immaterial.  The original post sounds quite different when the word woman is substituted for young lady.

I'm being didactic, I know, and setting myself up for a ton of flack.  Some foreign guys, though, have a difficult time admitting and saying that Thai "girls" and "young ladies" are actually women.

14 hours ago, rumak said:

it took me 30 minutes,  I did it myself.     I show proof of money in bank.   Very easy for retirement extension if money is kept in bank.    NOTE:  i have nothing against people who want to pay for agent to do it.   

+1...

...with British Embassy letter from December.

Yes, CM immi. is crazy fast now...5-minute processing.

One plus point from BJ putting the thumbscrews on...and all that frustrating suuuper slow processing time before was done on purpose to agitate people into using agents (though I see OP still used one ?) ...terrible tactics...same as the terrible tactics of traffic police here..dig money out you anyway they can.

• Like 2

But try getting an extension of stay with the monthly income method with the so called "leniency" has anyone been successful?

Lat week only "pension" income allowed for the 65K+,this week any "income" received from abroad OK.

Combination method no longer allowed at ChiangMai immigration also.

Fairly obvious, those  methods too difficult for ChiangMai Imm to deal with,or they simply don't want to.

The 800K in the bank method makes life easy for them and that is where it is all going.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Not much point posting if you're gonna be shy about the price.

For 25k no need to even have money or an account.

I used Assist once back in 2015 when CM immigration first shut down the online Que at CM Imm

so I couldn't get a renewal in time.

Of course the agent could ????

Anyway I paid 10,000 baht for the marriage visa based on 400k baht in the bank method

Have to admit was super easy compared to the 5 previous years

They called & said come to Imm

I did with wife...10 min take photo etc ok bye will bring your passport to office later

Edited by mania
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Thailand said:

Fairly obvious, those  methods too difficult for ChiangMai Imm to deal with,or they simply don't want to.

The 800K in the bank method makes life easy for them and that is where it is all going.

CM immigration are the most corrupt in the country IMHO.

25k in the agents pocket makes everything easy, it's only 'difficult' if you haven't paid..

• Like 2

Just now, BritManToo said:

CM immigration are the most corrupt in the country IMHO.

25k in the agents pocket makes everything easy, it's only 'difficult' if you haven't paid..

^ +1

Man I will never forget one year at who we all called...the dragon lady's desk at CM

She had like 4 cell phones all going off

Korean guides bringing her stacks of Korean passports with cash

it was beyond obvious

• Like 2

On 5/30/2019 at 7:10 PM, jonwilly said:

Just done my Retirement Vsa, used Assist Thai visa, B800K method

Fastest ever at the new airport office, 10 mins in and out.

Did you have to update your passbook same day as renewal?

"Did you have to update your passbook same day as renewal?"

No was told good for 7 days and was 3 days old when processed.

Also no mention of checking at intervals for B800K then B400K but I would not advise anyone to let matters slip beyond laid down limits.

I hope that Immigration Police Officers do not read these website for I think some folk will be packing their bags.

john

Immigration was jammed today, very few vacant seats.  One hour for retirement extension and reentry visa, pm.  Consulate letter accepted but they wanted to know about source of income.  1099 Misc satisfied them, not sure if they knew whether it was pension, interest, rent, capital gains or whatever, no mention or question.  Did not care that the 1099 amount and the income letter amount were far different.  

Good service.

On 5/31/2019 at 12:04 PM, mania said:

^ +1

Man I will never forget one year at who we all called...the dragon lady's desk at CM

She had like 4 cell phones all going off

Korean guides bringing her stacks of Korean passports with cash

it was beyond obvious

Why do so many Koreans come to Thailand? Does anyone know?

Edited by EricTh

36 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Why do so many Koreans come to Thailand? Does anyone know?

Some, at least, of the older ones come here on golfing holidays. In the condo where I used to live there was a group of 4 of them, came for 3-4 months every high season, and played every single day while they were here.

Apparently, in South Korea, golf is a very prestigious sport - and very expensive to play.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/1/2019 at 7:48 PM, jonwilly said:

Did you have to update your passbook same day as renewal?"

No was told good for 7 days and was 3 days old when processed.

Also no mention of checking at intervals for B800K then B400K but I would not advise anyone to let matters slip beyond laid down limits.

One other question. Did you have your 800K in account for two or three months before you applied for the extension? Yes 800K in for 2 months before you submit paperwork is what they should be looking for but, just double checking what Chiang Mai IO is actually doing. Thanks.