New health network promotes milk drinking in people of all ages

webfact

19 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

It is ignorance perhaps.

10's of thousands of Thais everyday sucking down several of those Carnation condensed milk 1000 calorie coffee drinks.

All the milk and sugar they in some way believe it is all an ok pick me up.  When in reality, it is a calorie laden diabetes death warrant.

I hate those drinks, but Thais certainly sadly are in love with them.

Sugar=cancer

• Confused 1

21 hours ago, dcnx said:

Did they just figure this out?

There Thais, health education lags here, after all it didn't really start producing cow's milk for consumption until the late 70's.    It took them another 5 years to discover how to put it in those little tiny wax card cartoons.   Once they took the top of it was a giant step for mankind, Thai style. ????

13 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

There Thais, health education lags here, after all it didn't really start producing cow's milk for consumption until the late 70's.    It took them another 5 years to discover how to put it in those little tiny wax card cartoons.   Once they took the top of it was a giant step for mankind, Thai style. ????

No species on the planet consumes milk in their adulthood, or as a matter of fact, consumes the milk of another species, except humans! Cows milk = too much casein. Plus the lactose bit.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, toenail said:

I am confused. In the West, the health gurus are saying cow’s milk is not good for you. Soy milk is more digestible when you get older..???

Health gurus I suspect are sponsored by the soya industry and soya milk producers.

Edited by geoffbezoz

13 minutes ago, Graviton said:

No species on the planet consumes milk in their adulthood, or as a matter of fact, consumes the milk of another species, except humans! Cows milk = too much casein. Plus the lactose bit.

Utter garbage, you posted this before ? Show us the reference supporting your statement.

Try this https://www.nbcnews.com/know-your-value/feature/milk-really-good-you-ncna894341

Edited by geoffbezoz

3 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

Utter garbage, you posted this before ? Show us the reference supporting your statement

First post stating this, show me the other. Do you own research lazy git lol, I am for 50yrs lactose intolerant. Think maybe I looked into it, no?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Graviton said:

First post stating this, show me the other. Do you own research lazy git lol, I am for 50yrs lactose intolerant. Think maybe I looked into it, no?

I was asking the question, not sating you had. Show me the supporting eveidence to support your earlier statement as you were asked. Or elase kindly report facts or state it is your opinion. Lactose intolerance is nothing new but it does not mean everybody should drink it just because you have a problem with it. And attempting to link your earlier statement regarding casein and introducing lactose intolerance into the argument is just diversionary.

Read this , you may learn something that perhaps you have been under an illusion about for the last 50 years.

https://www.godairyfree.org/ask-alisa/ask-alisa-i-am-lactose-intolerant-should-i-be-worried-about-casein

11 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

I was asking the question, not sating you had. Show me the supporting eveidence to support your earlier statement as you were asked. Or elase kindly report facts or state it is your opinion. Lactose intolerance is nothing new but it does not mean everybody should drink it just because you have a problem with it. And attempting to link your earlier statement regarding casein and introducing lactose intolerance into the argument is just diversionary.

Read this , you may learn something that perhaps you have been under an illusion about for the last 50 years.

https://www.godairyfree.org/ask-alisa/ask-alisa-i-am-lactose-intolerant-should-i-be-worried-about-casein

I have no problem with casein.....the site you gave is well? let me clarify exactly what is meant.....

Humans weren’t designed with an odd gene flaw requiring us to drink the milk of other animals to grow, because every species has endemic traits that only apply to their specific type.

Cow’s milk contains most of the same components as human breast milk, however, these components are not in the same amounts. For example, humans have the most advanced brains of all species on earth, therefore human breast milk has evolved into having high levels of PUFAs or polyunsaturated fatty acids (especially linoleic acid) which is responsible for the rapid brain development.

These are some very logical, factual and scientific reasons why a cow has a brain weight three times as small as ours and a body weight seven times as heavy. The bottom line is, cow’s milk is meant for calves to grow and not humans. We are really not meant to be drinking cow’s milk, at least not in the quantities that we do and especially not into adulthood. To make matters worse, human milk is getting more and more contaminated by pesticides due to the meat and dairy that makes up a mother’s diet.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

I have no problem with casein.....the site you gave is well? let me clarify exactly what is meant.....

Humans weren’t designed with an odd gene flaw requiring us to drink the milk of other animals to grow, because every species has endemic traits that only apply to their specific type.

Cow’s milk contains most of the same components as human breast milk, however, these components are not in the same amounts. For example, humans have the most advanced brains of all species on earth, therefore human breast milk has evolved into having high levels of PUFAs or polyunsaturated fatty acids (especially linoleic acid) which is responsible for the rapid brain development.

These are some very logical, factual and scientific reasons why a cow has a brain weight three times as small as ours and a body weight seven times as heavy. The bottom line is, cow’s milk is meant for calves to grow and not humans. We are really not meant to be drinking cow’s milk, at least not in the quantities that we do and especially not into adulthood. To make matters worse, human milk is getting more and more contaminated by pesticides due to the meat and dairy that makes up a mother’s diet.

sad you deny the facts - are you Thai or Belgium by any chance ?

12 minutes ago, ThaiBunny said:

So you want to impose your minority position on everyone else? Humans also produce eggs but we eat the eggs of other species, not our own

It has nothing to do with my lactose intolerance, or lactose in general, but it is relevant to parts of Asia........

Lactose intolerance in adulthood is most prevalent in people of East Asian descent, affecting more than 90 percent of adults in some of these communities.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Graviton said:

Lactose intolerance in adulthood is most prevalent in people of East Asian descent, affecting more than 90 percent of adults in some of these communities.

That doesn't mean the rest of us should fall into line and not drink milk. My niece is caught up with all this "organic" food nonsense but that doesn't mean I have to observe it except when I eat at her house

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ThaiBunny said:

That doesn't mean the rest of us should fall into line and not drink milk. My niece is caught up with all this "organic" food nonsense but that doesn't mean I have to observe it except when I eat at her house

So buzz off with your limited knowledge and bother someone else, I'm done here......

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

Based on your earlier posts I think you have just shot yourself in the foot. ????

I think you'll find his views on food are based on some quasi-mystical view of the world. He didn't like my referring to "organic" as nonsense. I imagine we'll find he practices homeopathy as well

Edited by ThaiBunny

14 minutes ago, Graviton said:

It has nothing to do with my lactose intolerance, or lactose in general, but it is relevant to parts of Asia........

Lucky most Thais are not now of East Asian descent then, or does demographics confuse you also ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Asia

Edited by geoffbezoz

1 minute ago, geoffbezoz said:

Based on your earlier posts I think you have just shot yourself in the foot. ????

You are now becoming childish have a glass of milk.....

Again my point is and remains cows milk is not meant for humans especially adults FACT....

end of message, you should get out more... Go and vent your frustration elsewhere....bye

Just now, Graviton said:

You are now becoming childish have a glass of milk.....

Again my point is and remains cows milk is not meant for humans especially adults FACT....

end of message, you should get out more... Go and vent your frustration elsewhere....bye

Yes I do get frustrated by people unable to grasp the facts.

Sorry did i miss the south off, apologies... Mr google <deleted>

Really ? now that you have read the article again I suppose ????????????  Perhaps you should also go back to your first post also and correct it to now you know the facts

Edited by geoffbezoz

Just now, geoffbezoz said:

Really ? now that you have read the article again I suppose ????????????

Clown to the right of me joker to the left...keep you bar talk, well for the bar? I said do your research if that is possible?

Your facts or "THE FACTS" surprised you still remember things you learnt? at school.

Oh dear, seems like being proven wrong, twice, is pushing you to a deliberate "flame" post.  Stop now if I were you.

2 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

Really ? now that you have read the article again I suppose ????????????  Perhaps you should also go back to your first post also and correct it to now you know the facts

Not at all carry on with your own beliefs in your own world.

'Study' done by the milk industry LOL.  Why would they want people of all ages to drink their milk EVERY DAY in larger quantities I wonder????

Fact is there is no need to drink milk, or consume any dairy products at all, unless its for some starving malnourished people.  In fact, with rising obesity and heart disease we governments need to be advising people to cut down of these high calorie foods, not consume more.

It's actually quite disgusting to drink milk from an animal... we have just been conditioned it is a normal thing to do.  I mean, picture yourself kneeling down in a field sucking milk from a horse, sheep or even a dog!

We don't need it.  It may not be really harmful in moderate amounts, but it does not have any real health benefits or miracle things for you body.  The old ideas about the calcium are overrated.  Many other foods have far more calcium in them and vitamin D than milk.  

Milk is for babies... mammals.  ALL mammals stop drinking milk from their mothers once weaned.. that is natural... so we should take a lesson from nature here and do the same in my opinion.  (also the dairy industry is very inhumane and cruel to their cows if you every want to look at that... like them killing the baby cows after they are born, and forcing the mother cow to go on producing milk day after day for months after she would have naturally stopped making milk.. and pumping them with chemicals and antibiotics every day... it's not the picture postcard image of a lady milking a cow in a field of flowers these days).  

Edited by jak2002003
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

Is Jack 2002003 wrong too stated exactly the same point as me....you are the people go research...

9 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

'Study' done by the milk industry LOL.  Why would they want people of all ages to drink their milk EVERY DAY in larger quantities I wonder????

Fact is there is no need to drink milk, or consume any dairy products at all, unless its for some starving malnourished people.  In fact, with rising obesity and heart disease we governments need to be advising people to cut down of these high calorie foods, not consume more.

It's actually quite disgusting to drink milk from an animal... we have just been conditioned it is a normal thing to do.  I mean, picture yourself kneeling down in a field sucking milk from a horse, sheep or even a dog!

We don't need it.  It may not be really harmful in moderate amounts, but it does not have any real health benefits or miracle things for you body.  The old ideas about the calcium are overrated.  Many other foods have far more calcium in them and vitamin D than milk.  

Milk is for babies... mammals.  ALL mammals stop drinking milk from their mothers once weaned.. that is natural... so we should take a lesson from nature here and do the same in my opinion.  (also the dairy industry is very inhumane and cruel to their cows if you every want to look at that... like them killing the baby cows after they are born, and forcing the mother cow to go on producing milk day after day for months after she would have naturally stopped making milk.. and pumping them with chemicals and antibiotics every day... it's not the picture postcard image of a lady milking a cow in a field of flowers these days).  

Well done, a thinking man like myself, i really don't know why i let myself get sucked in, they are what they are i suppose.... They never answered on Fluoride or Mercury in fillings or I could have been on all night... Message to self....leave em be.....lol beer time, bet that's ok

• Like 1

Thais can't digest lactose, resulting in chronic stomach upset. Not to mention the prevalence of milk allergies causing skin eruptions. Thai culture and SE Asia at large has survived 1000s of years with no milk in the traditional diet. But, somehow, they need it now? Ridiculous. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1