Brit left with fractured skull after Thai thugs "teach him a lesson for interfering"

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Adapt to your environment. What you may do in your home country or as a decent human being may not be appropriate for your own safety, which should usually come first.

In my experience, it is invariably better and more advisable to let "Thai" people handle "Thai" issues.

(IMHO).

2 hours ago, shady86 said:

Why thugs here dont have balls to go one on one? Oh, they are born without balls... 

Same with gangs everywhere.  Why do they have drive by shootings instead of one on one gentleman's duels.  Times changed right after Camelot and that King Arthur and Lancelot thing.  

Hopefully these 3 are given Maximum jail sentences and end up with 7 to 10 years in prison. These 3 are vicious, sick men, they are total animals. Anuphon Kongpithee 35, Robert Porter 29, from Chiang Rai and Kantapong Kongphaka 23 need to go to jail for a long time.

Lucky the guy was a Brit. Had it been some of my Sicilian relatives, the three would never be safe sleeping in the same bed two nights in a row. Of course my relatives would have never interfered unless the tourists were family.

David

3 hours ago, monkeycu said:

I guess him arm tats were not intimidating enough to worry the Thai's

I hope he recovers soon, and next time just cross the road and keep going, it aint worth the trouble to stop

And I hope he grows some balls so if he decides to help again he will fight back and at least go down swinging not waing or begging .

what he did was the right thing to do and most of you should learn from it, sadly he could not hold his own.

as for 3 punks, let them come across some else with more balls and they might be taught lesson themselves 

3 hours ago, shady86 said:

Why thugs here dont have balls to go one on one? Oh, they are born without balls... 

At least they have the balls to admit what they did and why. Hopefully the judge doesn't give them a leaner sentence for it.

4 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

One had a name that indicated he was probably a person of mixed race.

Robert Porter, 29

Chiang Mai is a french Mafia colony

and there lies a leson for us all who live here, this is the outcome of a western guy with values, who tries to stop a fight, throw the bloody book at them, (but they wont) and death threats, ? that another, round them all up, let them see the power of the law for a change. i

4 hours ago, SammyT said:

The irony is not lost on me of Brit commenters on here acting like thuggish street violence is the domain of only Thais when the same happens in their country just as often and many other western societies.  

Hope this poor fella recovers well though. 

Why single out Brit commenters? There are other nationalities comment! Yes these things happen all over the world but still no need to beat someone senseless to teach them a lesson! I for one hope these thugs get a hefty prison sentence to teach them a lesson!!!! And yes I'm a Brit! ☺

Teach the thugs (and others like them) a lesson: send them to prison grad school for at least 5 years. Family that threatened should also get some remedial education.

I reckon if a person decides to intervene in this sort of situation, make darn sure you have a length of pipe or some other weapon and realize if you're going in, you're going all in, no half way measures.

4 hours ago, z42 said:

Well these idiots should be taught a lesson and given the maximum allowable for assault with weapons, and also a nice bill for the hospital and compensation for the injured British guy.

I'd say they're just lucky the victim wasn't Chinese or it'd be a major loss of face for the nation

The Chinese would never get involved in the first place. They have the same mentality. Fight one and you fight them all. We weren't told the nationality of the tourists the Brit guy was trying to help but I doubt they would be Chinese.

4 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

I love the fact that the families of these thugs wasted no time threaten the wife to remain silent or suffer the consequences...

Is there a family incarceration facility?

Unfortunately threats of this nature are commonplace when a Thai does something wrong and does not want to face the sentence. Lawyers do it by vexatious and malicious claims in court too. The courts seem ambivalent and just need too much evidence to prove that threats have been made and in any case don’t seem to weight that evidence much and so in Thai society it will continue unabated given the slight chance it willjaje any difference even if found out and might frighten the victim from bringing the case at all.

it is a terrible state of affairs.

3 hours ago, Essex Reject said:

Fair play to the guy. Better to live like a lion than a mouse even if there can be consequences.

Wonder if he has regrets now he is in a hospital bed? 

Archived