Brit left with fractured skull after Thai thugs "teach him a lesson for interfering"

Just now, elliss said:

So , if  we happen see a  farlang  getting a beating , from  thais ,    what should we do . 

Make for the  nearset 7/11  and have a large coffee. i would matey..

Help the Thais ????

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, connda said:

I'm sorry, but you Nancy-boys who simply don't want to be involved are a pathetic bunch.  Yeah, I'm an old boomer with old boomer values.  I was brought up by a tough Scottish-Irish grandfather.  No, you don't step aside when people are gang beaten.  Well, you do - I don't.

you wont end up right mate, you wont end up very well at all, in fact you could well be blamed and put on a plane home. 

24 minutes ago, BestB said:

This month 2 fights with Thai but unlike you can hold my own and was not hospitalised . Last year was locked up, half way through last year few more incidents. 

Not a single incident where thai was at fault , they walked free or with a wai but locked up and charged 

so yeah I am an expert not a myth creator 

So, sounds like you have been involved in what ... 5 fights in the past year.

Wow.

You are The Man.

There must be some type of accommodation award you are eligible for.

Thank you so much for your service.

Everyone appears to be completely skipping over the fact that one of the attackers is a westerner. Thais do this, Thais do that, when one of the attackers., was this guy Robert Porter. Typicial westerner they never fight one on one.

Do we just choose to ignore this fact.

image.png.ef25475341802f0fc2e4bd04a1231f61.png

2 hours ago, Emdog said:

I reckon if a person decides to intervene in this sort of situation, make darn sure you have a length of pipe or some other weapon and realize if you're going in, you're going all in, no half way measures.

That'd be premeditation and could have serious consequences.

35 minutes ago, alzack said:

FARANG should not get involved if they want to live, or stay healthy seen it many times very dangerous

correct...but its not clever or 'manly' to stand and watch while a fellow tourist gets beaten up..especialy if its not one on one...only in thailand , do they look, but never do anything to break up the fight...

I am left wondering what the people who he went to help did while he was getting the snot kicked out of him.  If I were this gentleman I would find and pay a few lads to rearrange the leg bones of the perpetrators at amusing angles.  When in Rome ....

7 hours ago, Chicken George said:

20 years in the Big House!

Rather a 500thb fine each and a wai … ????

4 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Everyone appears to be completely skipping over the fact that one of the attackers is a westerner. Thais do this, Thais do that, when one of the attackers., was this guy Robert Porter. Typicial westerner they never fight one on one.

You are actually right. I thought he looked a bit different. ???? 

This is just standard the world over and not just a Thai thing. But if I thought I could help I would still get involved. If more people did, these incidents will not be so commmon place around the world. <deleted> like these are counting on that people stay out of it.

14 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

So, sounds like you have been involved in what ... 5 fights in the past year.

Wow.

You are The Man.

There must be some type of accommodation award you are eligible for.

Thank you so much for your service.

You welcome to roll over each and every time , not to worry , you not the only one , plenty like that around ????

6 hours ago, soalbundy said:

I feel sorry for the man but you really shouldn't interfere with fights or any altercations, it's a recipe for disaster.

The daily news report and the English one is different.

The Thai one say that he “saw his friend in situation”.

It doesn’t say that Luke was helping the strangers/tourist he didn’t know.

“นายลุกเห็นเพื่อนกำลังมีเรื่อง” = “Mr Luke saw his friend having the situation”

I think more to this story than just a hero helping stranger. 

Maybe everybody drunk. And everyone have a lot of tattoo. Even on the face. 

Crazy people.

18 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

With facial tattoos that appear to be in Thai and a first name of Saenpetch, I hardly think he's a westerner - most likely Luk Krueng. If he's been raised in Thailand, it doesn't really matter who his father was, he's Thai.

23 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

His name is "Saenpetch Robert Porter", so probably he is half Thai and most likely he grew up in Thailand. So half of his DNA might be western, but everything else is Thai ????

17 minutes ago, chilli42 said:

I am left wondering what the people who he went to help did while he was getting the snot kicked out of him.  If I were this gentleman I would find and pay a few lads to rearrange the leg bones of the perpetrators at amusing angles.  When in Rome ....

two wrongs do not make a right. it is the laws of thailand that are too lax. barbarism like this should be punished by caning and i assure you that you will see positive results.

If a traveler is new in a country sometimes what is a “caring” or normal Western response to a situation may not be acceptable to locals. In Africa I learned if one had a car accident it was best to leave the scene and rush to your local embassy and report the tragedy than face a mob of locals stoning you to death. In Bangkok I once saw this young Thai man beating the heck out of his girlfriend. I started to walk up to him to stop his brutality until my friend warned me to not get involved; for he may hurt me instead of “cooling down”. In the States, a man helping single women (all ages)with a flat tire  is frowned upon in some areas. 

I imagine this guy didn’t know how Thai men will suddenly join together to fight an individual even though these Thai thugs don’t know the whole story.

43 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

It's not a fact as pointed out. How long have you lived in Thailand?

7 hours ago, shady86 said:

Why thugs here dont have balls to go one on one? Oh, they are born without balls... 

No, they have them at some stage.

Normally when they get their wife or partner pregnant,  and then sod off to find another woman..

And do it all again. 

Leaving the woman and child with no support. 

That job normally becomes the responsibility of a farang. 

Probably one like they thought needed to be taught a lesson. 

Thai men have a lot to be thankful for about farang men.

Take care of their offspring and families. 

While they don't seem to care, let alone know the meaning of the word child support. 

1 hour ago, BestB said:

This month 2 fights with Thai but unlike you can hold my own and was not hospitalised

Sometimes you win; sometimes you lose.  Over time, you eventually lose.  That doesn't mean you back down.  It is what it is.  You no doubt will believe you're invincible until you are not.  Best to learn that lesson early as eventually age catches up to you.  You don't see 50 and 60+ year olds in the Octagon or the ring.  That ends in your 40s if you're having a good run.   But if you don't 'get' that now, well, you'll eventually get a clue.  You're a better man than I.  Best of luck, dude.

Archived