Visa renewal, B800,000

In mid March I renewed my 1 year extension using the B800,000 method.     My new extension is until 11 April 2020.    Am I correct in thinking that I can withdraw B400,000  on 12 July 2020 without problem?     I will then top off the with another B400,000 in January 2020 in preparation for applying for a new extension.

11 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can withdraw 400k baht 3 months from the date you applied for the extension which would be this month if you applied in March.

I actually applied for the extension on 19 March.     

I did mine the same week but mines the Marriage Visa and i always make sure its in 3 months before and 3 months after applying.

The last couple of years i have left it in as they change the rules so much i didn't want to get caught out.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kwak250 said:

I did mine the same week but mines the Marriage Visa and i always make sure its in 3 months before and 3 months after applying.

The last couple of years i have left it in as they change the rules so much i didn't want to get caught out.

Are you suggesting if on the marriage extension that you have to leave it in for 3 months after you apply ?

2 hours ago, kwak250 said:

Money in the bank for 2 months before applying.

Some offices want the money to be left there for the under consideration 1 month.

• Like 1

Its like lending someone money who repays you only to borrow it again sometime later. It’s never yours to spend in reality  they’ve got you by the short and curlies until you depart this 6th world country or you turn your toes up. Wise up

I'm thinking Thailand is going to have to come up with a plan that is appealing to European and Americans or risk loosing people to countries that are accomdating to those westerners who want to settle in Asia and contribute.  Or maybe Thailand would like only Chinese to immigrate wouldn't that be lovely Thailand 

Edited by Mikeasq60

On 6/2/2019 at 6:45 PM, Mikeasq60 said:

I'm thinking Thailand is going to have to come up with a plan that is appealing to European and Americans or risk loosing people to countries that are accomdating to those westerners who want to settle in Asia and contribute.  Or maybe Thailand would like only Chinese to immigrate wouldn't that be lovely Thailand 

Problem is the Chinese don’t like spending their money you have to increase the price by at least 20% so when they talk you down by 20% they think they have got a good deal ????

"It's only because some embassies are unwilling/unable to verify what you claim as monthly income that immigrations has had to resort to a more reliable method of proof ... actual foreign sourced monthly deposits in a Thai bank. "  Interesting comment. My experience today was that CM IO will not accept a US bank statement, showing the source of deposits, the disposition of those deposits to a serial-numbered ATM here in Thailand. So much for providing proof. Electronic records that are acceptable in law courts in the USA are not accepted here.  We have to make adjustments.