Retirement Visa

41 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The other part is a copies of a bank book showing that it had been in the bank longer than it really was.

Which goes to the heart of the question of why some embassies won't "verify" income - they have only copies of documents that can readily be "doctored". They can certify they've seen a document that purports to show the income; there's no way they can verify its authenticity

19 minutes ago, ThaiBunny said:

Which goes to the heart of the question of why some embassies won't "verify" income - they have only copies of documents that can readily be "doctored". They can certify they've seen a document that purports to show the income; there's no way they can verify its authenticity

That is not really related to what I was writing about.

Immigration would normally verify the copies of the bank book by looking at the orignal bank book.

16 hours ago, onera1961 said:

How do you know it is illegal? Has it been challenged in a court and a judge decided it is illegal? Without a court challenge, the legality is determined by the IO. As long as there is no court challenge, it will continue and it will be determined by IOs. 

Sent from my JKM-LX2 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

It is kind of like when one applies for a house mortgage and is required to list all their assets and any outstanding debts or loans.   You as the borrower say you have no loans, the bank give you a decent interest rate based on that information, yet you really do have a private loan against the deposit you put down or against other assets you own.  Here, one pays an agent some fee and they literally loan you the money and put it in an account which is NOT yours.  You are clearly violating the intent of the law that says THE person must have 800k in the account.  If you have a lien against the money in the account than that is hardly valid for you to spend it on retirement purposes.  Are those details codified?  Hard to say in Thailand

On 6/3/2019 at 10:47 AM, KhunKenAP said:

The whole purpose of all these new financial requirements was to prevent the Visa Service companies depositing the 800,000 and then withdrawing it days later.

No it wasn't. How would it prevent them doing so? A 3 month requirement was bypassed without issue. The purpose was to force more of those able to comply with the 3 month preseasoning of the 800k, into the hands of the agents by preventing them access to their money, after they obtained their Extension. Also blocking those able to borrow the money for 3 months. 

With this perspective the rest of your post I snipped. 

Edited by jacko45k

Yesterday, in these very pages here, were several prominent advertisements by a visa agency with headlines of "We provide the 800,000 B" and "Retirement visa, no income needed". They also claim to be able to get extensions up to 60 days before the current one expires, forward dated.

I don't think any of this is in the official rule book.

• Like 1

The advert I looked at online and they replied,  ''any Visa in any Immigration Office'' within three days , but must have a Passport and two photo's. this was about three weeks after this latest big joke crackdown..

so work it out for yourselves,

Edited by zoza