Bus From Phuket Airport To Khao Lak

jessixcate

Hello all...

I am flying from Bangkok to Phuket and would like to get to Khao Lak, the cheapest way possible. Wikitravel says that there is a bus, but it isn't very specific as to where and how to catch the bus. Could someone please let me know where I would go to get this bus and how I'd get there from the airport.

TIA!!

Hello all...

I am flying from Bangkok to Phuket and would like to get to Khao Lak, the cheapest way possible. Wikitravel says that there is a bus, but it isn't very specific as to where and how to catch the bus. Could someone please let me know where I would go to get this bus and how I'd get there from the airport.

TIA!!

Yes there is definately a bus. We have gone the other way from Khao Lak to the airport. The bus you are after goes to Takua Pa and will stop in Khao Lak. From the airport you need to get onto the main highway leaving Phuket (highway 4 i think). From the airport turn left and follow this road until it reaches the main highway. There is the bus stop near to the junction. A motorbike taxi should be able to take you there.

Apologies for the vagueness of this reply but it was a few years back when we made this trip so the memory is a bit sketchy.

Thanks

Hello all...

TIA!!

Yes there is definately a bus. We have gone the other way from Khao Lak to the airport. The bus you are after goes to Takua Pa and will stop in Khao Lak. From the airport you need to get onto the main highway leaving Phuket (highway 4 i think). From the airport turn left and follow this road until it reaches the main highway. There is the bus stop near to the junction. A motorbike taxi should be able to take you there.

Apologies for the vagueness of this reply but it was a few years back when we made this trip so the memory is a bit sketchy.

Thanks

Thanks.

Is the bus stop easily identifiable? and roughly how much should we expect to pay the moto driver? Is it easy to find a moto driver at the airport? and finally does the bus have anything written on it in English to indicate that it is heading towards Takua Pa?

Thanks again.

Hello all...

TIA!!

Thanks

Thanks.

Is the bus stop easily identifiable? and roughly how much should we expect to pay the moto driver? Is it easy to find a moto driver at the airport? and finally does the bus have anything written on it in English to indicate that it is heading towards Takua Pa?

Thanks again.

Wow you are testing my memory now

:o

I've just checked with the wife who is better with these things than i. She suggests the best way would be to get a mini bus from the airport to phuket bus station (in phuket town) which would cost about 100 baht. Then in the bus station ask around for a bus to Khao lak (bang niang bus station) and you should find one fairly easily for about 50 baht. If you go to the main road as i suggested the buses may not stop for you and you could find yourselves with a long wait on your hands.

Alternatively a taxi from the airport to khao lak should be around 1000 - 1500 baht.

Enjoy Khao Lak - it is fantastic - we used to live there prior to the tsunami and it is truely and beautiful and wonderful place. Especially the diving at Similan......