What's the Cheapest international flights from Thailand?

Thinking about applying for Non-Immigrant Visa Category “O” (Thai Family) Visa in the not too distant future...

One of the requirements from the Thai Embassy in America is:

"A copy of flight confirmation/reservation , showing going from US to Thailand and leaving from Thailand "

I was told on another thread the ticket leaving from Thailand can be from any airport in Thailand to any airport in another country.

OK, which countries would you recommend for the cheapest round trip airfare? 

Booked a month (or more) in advance, no checked luggage, leaving and coming back on a Tuesday (usually Tuesday, Wednesday are the cheapest days to fly).

Just a quick check from Chiang Rai and I found a trip to Singapore from Chiang Rai for under $150 USD (~ 4700B).

Thanks in advance.

Screenshot_20190604_145101~2.jpg

9 hours ago, ddesoran9 said:

I'd suggest you to look up in skyscanner or kiwi for the cheapest flights

Don't you have to enter two airports?

From where to where?

BTW, no third party can give you cheaper airfares than the actual airline you're flying on.

That's the third variable, which airline?

Not every airline flies everywhere.

Usually airasia from Don Muang [Bangkok] to KL Malaysia

a return kl back to Bangkok with airasia is cheap because they have a very low departure tax

also you don't have to pay for a visa to enter Malaysia same with Singapore

2 hours ago, my friend I said:

a return kl back to Bangkok with airasia is cheap because they have a very low departure tax

If it's only a throw away ticket, then indeed AirAsia to Malaysia is still cheapest although AA prices have risen significantly.

Even a bit cheaper might be a flight with AA from Phuket.

Oneway to Penang or Kuala Lumpur start at about 1430 Baht.

20 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

Do you really intend to use the flight or why look for round trip fares?

10 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

From where to where?

BTW, no third party can give you cheaper airfares than the actual airline you're flying on.

There you can easily compare the prices of different airlines and the you can go directly to their page also you can see which day is the cheapest to book the flight

12 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

From where to where?

I found that to be untrue in some cases. When booking flights last week I realized that Trip was cheaper than Thai Air Asia and Nok Air. The reason is that the processing fee that these companies charge at the end of the booking process makes the grand total higher than when the flight is booked on Trip. Google flights is a good resource but they don't include that final hidden charge so beware.

Use skyscannner.com.  Enter your departure airport  plus check the box for add nearby airports and for To enter the word "everywhere", then enter the proposed dates.

You will get a list of countries.  Pick the countries that you might think are the cheapest and you will get a list of the flights by price.

8 hours ago, my friend I said:

I've just booked Thai Lion DMK-SIN for 3100 baht return, late August. THAI wanted 7200 baht from BKK and Singapore 7910 for approximately the same-time flights.

19 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

Can you qualify that statement please? I've been flying in and out of Thailand 6 to 8 times per year for the last 18 years and I can absolutely say that my experience has been different.

The only way I can fly so often is by watching my spending so I always look for the cheapest flights.  These days I normally fly with the same airline (Etihad) and usually from Manchester. I use Travelsupermaket - they list flights from several third parties and give the price direct with the airline. With rare exceptions I have never found booking direct to be cheaper but I do sometimes go direct.  When I get a price, I check with the airline's website to see whether their price is the same as Travelsupermarket quotes for them - it always has been. If the price using a 3rd party agent is more than £30 cheaper, I book with them. If its less than £30, I book with the airline. I do that because if I need to change a flight once I'm in Thailand, if the flight was booked with an agent, I have to make changes through them which can be a nightmare. Etihad however, have an office in Bangkok so I can make changes there if I've booked direct.

My flight this coming Sunday was £476 direct with Etihad, Travelbag (agent) offered the same flight for £402 - I booked with Travelbag.

The only time I have found booking direct to be cheaper is when the airline has some form of promotion going - normally the agents are substantially cheaper, if they weren't, they simply wouldn't exist.

17 hours ago, Mavideol said:

if it's a throw away ticket, try Air Aisa from Krabi or Phuket to KL (Malaysia)

Best advice.

One way, Krabi to Kuala Lumpur is under 1000 baht as the standard price.

I often get sent offers around the 600 baht mark.

• 4 weeks later...

air asia offers cheap flights to everywhere nearby, #23 post<u can get air asia flights as low as $25 one way.I can fly to Phnom Penh from phuket for less than $100 R/T"!!!!

BUT it all depends on

how far in advance you book an the days your booking.

On 6/4/2019 at 3:04 PM, SiSePuede419 said:

I booked Chiang Mai to Da Nang return a week back, for a flight with AirAsia later this week.

2,300bht total, $75

CNX to Vietnam Hanoi/Da Nang/Saigon all around 1,500bht per flight (or less).

No VISA required for me (as a Brit) either.

Archived