NHSO to develop automatic basic health inspection device

webfact

NHSO to develop automatic basic health inspection device

dad4aaafcca712ef2f64a3829b693ff0.jpg

BANGKOK, 4 June 2019 (NNT) - The National Health Security Office has signed an agreement on the development and manufacturing of automatic basic health inspection devices, providing better access by the general public to basic health inspection tools and promoting health awareness.

The National Health Security Office (NHSO), the Bank for Agriculture and Agricultural Cooperatives (BAAC), and the National Science and Technology Development Agency have signed an agreement on the development and manufacturing of automatic basic health inspection devices, in a ceremony witnessed by the Minister of Public Health Piyasakol Sakolsatayadorn.

The first devices will be placed at the Bank for Agriculture and Agricultural Cooperatives from July. 100 devices will be shipped to 10 provinces, each receiving 10 devices, by this year. The devices will allow the general public to have easy access to automated basic health inspection, and have better awareness on health and disease prevention for a better and prolonged life.

The automatic basic health inspection devices will be able to conduct blood pressure test, body weighting, and body mass index (BMI) measuring. Data collected from these tests will be processed and analysed into individual health risk index, which comes with recommendations to seek medical attention at nearby hospitals. Users’ data and health readings will be securely stored on the cloud system for future access.

Is this not just a copy of available technology? (see photo).

If so are we talking a nice "grant" for a deserving recipient or is it just a desire to manufacture in house?

Edited by alant
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, alant said:

Is this not just a copy of available technology? (see photo).

If so are we talking a nice "grant" for a deserving recipient or is it just a desire to manufacture in house?

Does it matter either way? It is the provision of the  service that should be welcomed. The question remains as to the ongoing reliability and  maintenance of the units. I have noticed that simpler  blood pressure units in public hospitals are often not functional but remain on site.

20 hours ago, Dumbastheycome said:

Does it matter either way? It is the provision of the  service that should be welcomed. The question remains as to the ongoing reliability and  maintenance of the units. I have noticed that simpler  blood pressure units in public hospitals are often not functional but remain on site.

I agree that provision of the service should be welcomed although 100 devices are hardly coverage for the Thai population. Not sure why you think my point is not valid especially as you talk of supporting the units which being as described, will require a new support network as well.

2 minutes ago, alant said:

I agree that provision of the service should be welcomed although 100 devices are hardly coverage for the Thai population. Not sure why you think my point is not valid especially as you talk of supporting the units which being as described, will require a new support network as well.

I did not intend any invalidation. My intent was to suggest sourcing was of lesser importance than the provision. I do agree that 100 units is somewhat tokenist but is part of a larger plan.

The consideration of  support maintenance does suggest local production which incorporates that factor would be more practical as opposed to reliance on warranties etc  for imported  equipment.