Thai junta chief vows to "do his best" as civilian PM

webfact

On 6/6/2019 at 7:13 PM, Myran said:

Hardy ideal, but I'd take him before any clown from Pheu Thai any day of the week. And I doubt Thanathorn would've been much better. It's all smoke and mirrors.

There comes a time when  dishonest nonsense should be challenged upfront.

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/opinion/2019/06/06/editorial-prayuths-pm-victory-is-a-sham/?fbclid=IwAR2C8AjzucQAMdUJ3qcPnd6579F66lFmyvVd-hIR-f-7QxuvkP6PDrpjavE

On 6/6/2019 at 7:13 PM, Myran said:

Hardy ideal, but I'd take him before any clown from Pheu Thai any day of the week. And I doubt Thanathorn would've been much better. It's all smoke and mirrors.

First sentence makes a point, though I'd personally call it a coin toss between a PT or PP PM being more desirable considering where Thailand is right now.  Although "hardly ideal" is really understating the situation, don't you think?!

Second sentence sounds like pure conjectural nonsense without some reasons why.  You imply it's because he's just another lying damn politician, blah blah smoke mirrors blah blah they're all the same blah blah why bother.  Original. 

Here, I'll give you one reason: Thanathorn could be a lot more effective in a couple years as more young people hit voting age and as the brand-new FF party extends their base for support and gains seats and experience... As long as they can build enough support to maintain strength and autonomy vis a vis Pheu Thai.  Really, really don't want FF "learning" too much from PT.  

Thai people have a notoriously high threshold for getting riled to the point of action.  If Chanocha  and PP have some more time to discredit themselves, this time without Article 44 and with a real opposition, we could see an opposition and an alternative with real teeth forming.  Remember, FF is just in its  infancy right now and Rome was not built in a day.

To be brutally honest, I think things will have to get more difficult for Thais before they get off their asses, both metaphorically and physically.