Need visa for 18 hr layover in Manila

I can book a flight from Chiang Mai to the US with a good airfare but it would require an 18 hour layover in Manila before the fight departs for New York. I would like to get some sleep in a hotel near the Manila airport. I am an American citizen and was wondering if anyone knows if I need some sort of a visa in order to depart the airport to go to the hotel?  Any info would be appreciated. 

• Like 1

I can book a flight from Chiang Mai to the US with a good airfare but it would require an 18 hour layover in Manila before the fight departs for New York. I would like to get some sleep in a hotel near the Manila airport. I am an American citizen and was wondering if anyone knows if I need some sort of a visa in order to depart the airport to go to the hotel?  Any info would be appreciated. 
You will need a visa. But no problem. They give you 30 days.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N950F mit Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Date Masamune said:

Be sure your US passport has 6 month validity for purpose of entry to the Philippines

The U.S. State Department link and website Crossy posted above does NOT indicate that six months U.S. passport validity is required for entry to the PH....

707527468_USPassportforPHReq.jpg.c54f638e484385a05659f36f5569ca38.jpg