Don't vandalize in Thailand you'll get caught and face jail! - US man warns tourists

webfact

Don't vandalize in Thailand you'll get caught and face jail! - US man warns tourists

1pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

A US man caught spray painting graffiti with a female compatriot had a simple message for other tourists contemplating breaking the law in Thailand:

Don't.

Clay Ternberg, 28, and 24 year old Nicole Gollen (names transliterated from Thai) face jail and fines for damaging a pick-up and walls in the Sampeng area of Bangkok. 

61953166_836293820071388_306138328191729664_n.jpg.16aa6c81fcf6c2ba4bda5655a1f654d3.jpg

They were caught in Pattaya. An accomplice has already left Thailand.

They have apologized and said their high jinks were as a result of being drunk.

Clay said the Thai police will catch you and will prosecute.

Thai Rath said that four victims had been paid 10,000 baht restitution each. One expressed his satisfaction with their arrest, apology and the settlement.

Video: Thai Tourist Police

They now face three years in jail and or a 6,000 baht fine. 

They will be handed over to immigration after that case is settled, deported and blacklisted. 

In a video it was explained that they did the graffiti in tribute to a deceased friend. 

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-06-07

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, webfact said:

In a video it was explained that they did the graffiti in tribute to a deceased friend. 

Tribute by shocking pink graffiti?? If i was their deceased friend, I'd come back and haunt them!

7 minutes ago, webfact said:

A US man caught spray painting graffiti with a female compatriot had a simple message for other tourists contemplating breaking the law in Thailand:

Don't.

Well the same message given by the Scouser and his mate (not in the sexual sense) didn't appear to get through.

I'm sure all visiting drunk vandals will take this message to heart - not.

9 minutes ago, webfact said:

He's probably turning in his grave now. While putting graffiti on the inside of his coffin.

a load of <deleted>, who goes out at night with a can of spray paint on them, only for one reason, to damage someones property still a good answer,I WAS DRUNK, think they been coached by some Thai person,

20 minutes ago, webfact said:

They have apologized and said their high jinks were as a result of being drunk.

They had the spray paint in their bag. It's hardly a spur of the moment thing. Also, I'm pretty sure "I was drunk" isn't really a legitimate excuse - thousands of other people managed to get drunk in Bangkok the same night without doing stupid shit like that. 

1 minute ago, SammyT said:

They had the spray paint in their bag. It's hardly a spur of the moment thing. Also, I'm pretty sure "I was drunk" isn't really a legitimate excuse - thousands of other people managed to get drunk in Pattaya the same night without doing stupid shit like that. 

Oh I don't know. The times I've overheard a guy saying, "There's a face I've not come across before," as he reached for his spray paint.

10 minutes ago, mercman24 said:

a load of <deleted>, who goes out at night with a can of spray paint on them, only for one reason, to damage someones property still a good answer,I WAS DRUNK, think they been coached by some Thai person,

3 different colors ??? 1 can.

36 minutes ago, mercman24 said:

To be Drunk is  a proof that the charge is correct. So don 't say i was drunk if you were cutch in any delict

Good police work. Salute.

I've had the box of a cube van sprayed with mega graffiti. Not a nice experience. As I recall, the insurance agent suggested I cover it myself to avoid an insurance claim/increase. The cops didn't much care; their only question was if the graffiti was racist in nature. BTW, not in Thailand.

1 hour ago, webfact said:

A US man caught spray painting

I'm glad that the Thai government used cameras to catch and fine these coconut heads. I'm also glad that they don't have cameras around where I live. My fine for spray painting would be astronomical...

spray paint.JPG

1 hour ago, webfact said:

They now face three years in jail and or a 6,000 baht fine. 

Tough choice. Three years in jail or 6000 baht fine. Hmmmm....I could really use the three years in jail. Let me think. No....I'll just go with the 6000 baht.

42 minutes ago, neeray said:

Good police work. Salute.

I've had the box of a cube van sprayed with mega graffiti. Not a nice experience. As I recall, the insurance agent suggested I cover it myself to avoid an insurance claim/increase. The cops didn't much care; their only question was if the graffiti was racist in nature. BTW, not in Thailand.

Yeah the truck is what annoys me the most. Some poor bastard's work ute defaced by a bunch of tourists who are here on holiday looking for a cheap laugh. 

"Don't vandalize in Thailand you'll get caught and face jail!"....

Really? People need a reminder for this type of thing? Apparently knowing right from wrong bypassed these folks.

Rule #1... Know right from wrong. It's mandatory regardless of the country you are in.

Rule #2... Don't get overly drunk and forget about rule #1.

Rule #3... Know the rules of the country you live in and the consequences if you are unable to acknowledge rule #2.

Rule #4... Be sure to have plans in place to account for the jailtime and fines if you ignore rule #3.

2 hours ago, mercman24 said:

Doing this is not the Thai way. Why say stupid thing?

My friend go to England and Australia. Everyone do it. Every train station, everywhere. For what? Stupid people. No respect.

These are not stupid kids, they are stupid adults. 

If police not catch them, who will pay for pickup? Thai owner. Is that fair?

Archived