Immigration Police focus on law-breaking foreigners

snoop1130

23 hours ago, Pilotman said:

forgive me, but that is not a valid comparison. The Nazis were an evil plague on the world and to compare in such a way diminishes their terrible deeds and does nothing to explain the Thai position, which is entirely different.   The Thais say that they are going to target foreign criminals and other law breakers, and they mean just that.  Yes its not too efficient a way of going about it, but it is action against  a criminal element that has plagued Thailand for many many decades.  Too many foreign people and gangs have been getting away with murder, sometimes literally, for many years.  if they intend to do something about these low lifes then they have my support.  It doesn't dilute that they need to deal with Thai criminals as well, and  I'm sure that they know that, but its a start against visitors  who come here to steal and swindle others.  I wish them ever success in this latest action. 

Well the reason for the comparison is that the Nazis started by making the locals believe the foreigners were out to destroy them, and targeting foreigners for petty stuff. You don't have to wait for them to start injecting foreign kids before you complain. This country now has a trend that is moving towards a recognizable path.

Here is something you're not getting from the story, the Iranian kid was a student at ABAC for 4 years and just Graduated. Still had about a week to go home and for the first ever chose to help a friend DJ. He was tossed in IDC for about a week. Arresting him and deporting him is not the most heartless thing they have done to him, they have printed his name in an article that talks about arresting foreign criminals in Thailand, with his name and picture next to an actuall Drug Dealer who's also a suspect in a murder case. The kids life is basically ruined most people/ future employers would not get to the read the full story, they'd turn him down just seeing the headlines.

Imagine if this was your child or family member. It's all fun and games until it happens to you. I'm glad I'm on my way out of this EVIL PLACE.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/7/2019 at 7:03 PM, trainman34014 said:

'Full Service' in Chinese Mainland Karaoke Bars is a whole lot cheaper, so why do they bother to pay extortionate prices in Thailand ?

Their balls were too full to wait for the trip home. Moreover they felt homesick with language barrier against Thai entertainment. Unlike western tourists, they are clueless about pidgin English with Thai ladies.  

On 6/8/2019 at 7:52 AM, dotpoom said:

Didn't see any mention of elderly retirees.

Where did that come from?

Maybe immigration turning up at your house, mob handed for no reason,cant spend your money in the bank and health insurance rumors that could be where it came from.

On 6/8/2019 at 12:38 PM, SuwadeeS said:

That is real hardcore discrimination. Onlz focusing on foreigners. 

But they are immigration ergo they can only concentrate on foreigners and/or immigrants.

also i would like to say what about the thais that escaped and we know the names brother and sister pm plus energy drink man.if they know where they are why have not have had them arrested or ask for help to do it.but they  assist to catch the farangs wanted,something wrong here 

The Thai government is increasing their propaganda against westerners living in Thailand.  It is obvious, these people are instructing Thai Immigration to increase the hoops westerners have to jump through in order to stay in Thailand.  For the western retirees who are in denial their days are numbered in Thailand, it is time to rub those sleepy little eyes and wake up.

For years Thailand was an excellent choice for western retirees to spend the rest of their lives living the good life.  Those days are slowly fading away.  If you think being required to do your banking in a Thai bank, 90 day reporting, and TM forms for your movements are somewhat restrictive or over the top, look for these restrictive measures to increase in the near future.  

It's not clear the reasoning behind this anti western sentiment.  Personally, I think the Thai government is being influenced by the Chinese government or maybe the Thai government views westerners as a threat due to their loony ideas about free speech, a democratic government or other such nonsense.  

4 minutes ago, CMNightRider said:

The Thai government is increasing their propaganda against westerners living in Thailand.  It is obvious, these people are instructing Thai Immigration to increase the hoops westerners have to jump through in order to stay in Thailand.  For the western retirees who are in denial their days are numbered in Thailand, it is time to rub those sleepy little eyes and wake up.

For years Thailand was an excellent choice for western retirees to spend the rest of their lives living the good life.  Those days are slowly fading away.  If you think being required to do your banking in a Thai bank, 90 day reporting, and TM forms for your movements are somewhat restrictive or over the top, look for these restrictive measures to increase in the near future.  

It's not clear the reasoning behind this anti western sentiment.  Personally, I think the Thai government is being influenced by the Chinese government or maybe the Thai government views westerners as a threat due to their loony ideas about free speech, a democratic government or other such nonsense.  

You make some good points but I think the impetus is two fold: 1) indirect pressure from China as they colonize SE Asia 2) anti western talk takes pressure off the real issues and provides an easily visible target.

On 6/7/2019 at 6:29 PM, SammyT said:

"What about all the thai people who break laws too? It's not fair that they're targeting foreigners"

~ 90% of the Tommy Robinson supporting posters on here who dont realise the irony in their comments...

First quote in and of course its negative. This report is about the IMMIGRATION police.

It may come as news to you but this is part of their job.

56 minutes ago, bristolgeoff said:

also i would like to say what about the thais that escaped and we know the names brother and sister pm plus energy drink man.if they know where they are why have not have had them arrested or ask for help to do it.but they  assist to catch the farangs wanted,something wrong here 

Immigration police cannot arrest Thais unless they break immigration laws.

Archived