American spray paint vandals fined 5,000 baht each and will be deported

rooster59

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

Pray tell everyone what penalty did the taxi driver get who beat two Korean women with an iron bar...???

Probably told not to get caught if he does it again...

3 wais ?

500 baht..?

Who knows?

His fine or recompense for the mobile phones didn't get a mention. 

They seem to be a protected species. 

4 hours ago, CMNightRider said:

The Thai police should follow Singapores lead and cane them along with the fine and deportation.

They need to be made to pay for professionally cleaning their works of art off. Did not look drunk to me in the video.

Caning would be about right. Got off light I reckon. US should send the third person back.

Not a very good example to the rest of the World. The Singaporeans got worldwide publicity out of 4 strokes with the rod. I have to wonder how many falang have come to Singapore since then to spray paint? Put them in jail for five years even if you pardon them after five months.

It really makes me mad when I read stuff like this. I am an American and the last think that the USA needs is jerks like this spreading 'goodwill'. Too bad this isn't Singapore where they would likely be caned in public before being kicked out of the country. Why only 5000 baht fine? In the USA that amount of money is trivial. They should have been fined 50,000 baht each. JERKS!!!! 

This is BS!  This little punk needs to learn a lesson.  They are only slightly, even that is fake, remorseful when they get caught.  Put his scrawny butt in jail, even if for 30 days.  5000 baht fine and deportation will teach him nothing.  And yes, I'm American, he needs to be rightly punished for his acts of stupidity...

Odd reactions. Surely any fines handed out by a thai court (system/ whatever) should be in keeping with thai norms, and not influenced by the perps nationality or income.

i accept that some folk may feel let down by their countrymen, but imho, that’s an issue for your own country to deal with, not thailand, who should only deal with the actual crime per prescribed punishment, which appears to be the case.

3 hours ago, bender92 said:

Before they leave they should repair the damage.

Fair point... but as farangs are prohibited from working in Thailand, they instead should pay to have the damage repaired.

11 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The 28 and 24 year olds have paid 10,000 baht damages to four Thai victims for their actions.

Mmmm. It seems it’s a case of “job done”

18 minutes ago, jany123 said:

Fair point... but as farangs are prohibited from working in Thailand, they instead should pay to have the damage repaired.

Mmmm. It seems it’s a case of “job done”

They aren't.

Community service was very common for foreign criminals until they changed it to instant deportation.

American's disrespecting Thailand??? You would never have thought that they would be capable of such an unintelligent act of vandalism. I suppose in their defence they would say well we do it all the time in La La Land!

Singaporeans should have been consulted in this. They did not even took pressure of then the POTUS Bill Clinton for clamency and canned an American teenager in 90's.

Next morning front page was that fellow's butts bleeding to show "be careful to the public". They sent him back on first available flight after that punishment.

Today Spore is first world.

11 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Quite worrying that they deport you for minor offenses actually.

5000 BAHT fine is nothing, you can get the same when you don't report your TM30 form and get caught, will be interesting to see when they start deporting everyone who misses tm30 or 90 day reports, speeding, driving without thai driving license etc...

You Sir, should be fined 5000 baht for baseless scare-mongering!!

Seriously tho, what country will deport for such crimes you mention?

(many that can come from bad luck and mistakes of no intent)

Vandalism is another thing, clear intent for mischief, absolutely no excuse, and no point to it,

other than causing a pain in the ลรse for people lumped with the time and expense to have to clean up.

I wish my own country was tougher on stuff like this all along then we wouldnt have to see the eyesore we are forced to every day you travel on trains and such.

These Dickหeads are just insecure drop-outs of society, trying to get some little attention to their otherwise meaningless life.

If they feel such the big need to be noticed,

put a tatoo on the forehead (prefer with word-"IDIOT")

send them home to paint on the wall in mommys basement!

Didn't the Canadian girl and UK guy get a 250,000 baht fine for their graffiti transgression in Chiang Mai. I don't think that they were blacklisted though. I believe there bail was rolled over into the fine. 

A hundred or few dollars  more for what they did.seems fair and be deported and for a long time be banned.i am sure the Thai car owner will try and get maximum for the damage.they were silly in what they done and it may send a message to others.but it seems they did not read about the 2 from cnx who did similar and were fined.they will leave and someone else will do something the same in the near future

On 6/8/2019 at 12:00 PM, ThomasThBKK said:

Quite worrying that they deport you for minor offenses actually.

5000 BAHT fine is nothing, you can get the same when you don't report your TM30 form and get caught, will be interesting to see when they start deporting everyone who misses tm30 or 90 day reports, speeding, driving without thai driving license etc...

Willful destruction of public and private property is a minor offense you would compare to doing 50 in a 45?

Willful destruction of public and private property is a minor offense you would compare to doing 50 in a 45?

Yes, because you don't endanger other peoples life. Property can be cleaned and/or replaced - easily. No longterm damage.

Life's can't - speeding and even worse drunk driving or driving without having the actuall driving skills not only endanger you but everyone around you. How many people die here from car crashes each day?? How many kids die or lose their parents??

Not a single one ever died from stupid graffiti on a shopfront, let's not act like they broke into someone's house and demolished it.

Everyone who drives recklessly, should go to jail and stay there until his brain starts working.

And while we are at it, this also goes for other violent crimes. You can get death threats and police won't give a damn, disgusting. But when there's a chance for a newspaper story involving some dumbass kids they act like it's a national security act.

That's just my german logic tho and i guess it won't be agreed upon here. I couldn't care less tho [emoji848]

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Archived