More TM30 questions..

Dear all,

Like many, I just learned about the TM30 requirements.

My questions are:

- what would be the maximum fine one can get at immigration while trying to do an extension? Is there a fixed rule? What is the max you heard of others being fined?

- when at immigration, if fined for TM30, do we need to present any documents in order to get it done or do they just fine you and you get the TM30 problem solved?

- do you need to present TM30 while doing 90 reports? We usually send a messenger and they never asked anything, but that may have changed?

- is it also required for a re entry permit?

- last question unrelated: if one has to do 90 report on 17th but has a flight on 19th out of country, is it needed to do 90 report? If not, no consequences later on when doing it again in the future?

I know it is many questions and answers may not be sure, but any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you all!

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

CW seem to be fining people 800 baht (rather than 1,600 baht).  Some reports say that the fine has to be paid before you can do a 90-day report or Extension.  Others say they were just warned about it for next time.  CW seem to be accepting self-filing of TM30s, although there have also been reports that people have been told to come back with their landlord. CW also seem to accept mailed-in TM30 reports (I've just mailed mine).

For the 90-day report, yes you should do it, as it may be picked up when you do your first 90-day report after returning to Thailand. It may not be though, so you could risk it.

Just a quick update:

My boyfriend went to help his friend who has Elite visa as well to do yearly extension at CW.

They did it without any queue number and there was no mention of TM30 at all. His friend lost his TM6 and forgot his Elite card but still they extended his visa and were very kind in the process according to my boyfriend.

He also went to help him for his 90 report, they went to the counter on the left at the end of the room of section A without a queue and the lady proceeded in a few minutes. No mention of TM30 once again.

They may have gotten lucky but it turned out much better than they expected!

They said the staff overall were very polite and helpful.

Hope this helps people going to immigration in the future for the same matters.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 1

I did my 90 day report on June 5th and they did not ask about a TM30. I heard that they started asking about TM30's the next day. This is the advice about filing a TM30 in Bangkok that I've seen on another forum.

There are 5 ways to file a TM.30 in Bangkok
1 - mail in the appropriate documentation using EMS tracked mail and including a stamped self addressed return envelope (so they can mail back your receipt)
2 - use the online program IF you or your land lord can register
3 - have your land lord go out and file a TM.30 for you like they should do (make sure to get the receipt from them)
4 - file a TM.30 on BEHALF of your land lord <- this one requires signed copies of their thai i/d card, their house book listing, the house book listing of where you rent, a filled out power of attorney form with two 5 baht tax stamps and the appropriate copies of your passport.
OR 
the easiest way to file a TM.30 in Bangkok is:
5 - SELF FILE <- this is where you file a TM.30 for yourself. You do not need copies of anything but your lease, the data page of your passport, your current visa or extension, your most recent entry stamp, your TM.6 departure card AND a filled out TM.30 (which YOU fill out all the information on).

I have one more question:

If someone never did the TM30 application and decides to do it now by mail (with all proper documentation), is it going to be approved or is there going to be complications considering it was never done before? Could they deny it and ask to pay fines?

Thank you all in advance

1 hour ago, MsBom said:

I have one more question:

If someone never did the TM30 application and decides to do it now by mail (with all proper documentation), is it going to be approved or is there going to be complications considering it was never done before? Could they deny it and ask to pay fines?

Thank you all in advance

I'll let you know.  I did my first ever TM30 report in 14 years of living here and mailed it to CW last week.  I am waiting to see what I get back!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I did my first TM-30 at CW yesterday (Tuesday).  I own my own condo but do not have a Yellow or even a Blue House Registration book.  But I took in a copy (plus original) of my chanote and this was accepted.  The good news was that they made no mention of a fine so I proceeded to renew my retirement visa extension as normal.

No bigger queues than normal for a mid week so my extension was completed before lunch but had to wait until 2.00pm for my multiple reentry stamp

I'll let you know.  I did my first ever TM30 report in 14 years of living here and mailed it to CW last week.  I am waiting to see what I get back!

Thank you very much, that would be really hopeful indeed!

Thank you all for your kind answers.

Really appreciate how you are all helping out in matters that must have been answered many times, you guys are great!

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• 1 month later...

If you are able to make online it saves a lot of time. For example in Monday i went to make my extension of stay and as far i saw more people were waiting in counter for TM30 reports than actually for visa. I arrived a bit late around 9:30 i worried about my Queue but surprisingluly only 20 persons were infront of me as the big mass was waiting fir TM30 reports. I printed out from immigration Website my and they accepted without problem.