Honda wave + Sidecar sprocket stripping

Kenny202

Mrs has the set up above. Sidecar reasonably heavy but not as bad some. Shes broken teeth of the sprocket a few times in a year. I mean Im guessing the wave sprocket about as sturdy as a pushbike so asking a lot from the poor little thing. I suspect shes pretty heavy handed on the throttle as well

Sent from my SM-J730GM using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

We have 2 Honda Waves with sidecars on, one has standard gearing on 38 teeth sprocket the other a 36 teeth sprocket

Our 36 T sprocket bike is the better bike, it pulls better, and has hauled some big loads, mainly cattle feed.

So, sounds if the OP's Mr's bike with the weight is over geared the gearing needs to be lowered, as I said a 36T on the rear sprocket or one less tooth on the gearbox sprocket.it will also put less strain on the engine. 

My sidecar has done  30 000 km, still on the origalal set of chain and sprockets, but will need changing very soon. 

3 hours ago, kickstart said:

We have 2 Honda Waves with sidecars on, one has standard gearing on 38 teeth sprocket the other a 36 teeth sprocket

So, sounds if the OP's Mr's bike with the weight is over geared the gearing needs to be lowered, as I said a 36T on the rear sprocket or one less tooth on the gearbox sprocket.it will also put less strain on the engine. 

Wha...?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1