Mail Delivery Problems

maddermax

Wondering if many others have experienced mail delivery problems in Pattaya over the last year?  I had my UK state pension stopped last year because I had not returned my 'Life Certificate' which had not been delivered by Thailand Post.  I noticed that I received no mail for several months last year.

Thankfully, post is being delivered again and my pension has been reinstated.

Also wondering if there is any advantage to having a post office box?

3 hours ago, maddermax said:

experienced mail delivery problems in Pattaya over the last year?

There can be many reasons why Mr Postie doesn't  deliver your letters.

1: The addressing system isn't very good to start with

2: The letter was poorly/improperly addressd

3: Postie couldn't be bothered to go to out of the way location (they are quite overworked)

4:Postie left the letter with "condo security"  or someone else

5: Someone stole the letter either before it got to postie or from your letterbox.

A physical P/O box at the Post office  maybe would  cut down some of the problem..

but you have to go pick up the letters yourself.

Have you been to your Main office  ( I believe Pattaya now has 2 main offices one in Na-Glua and one on Sukhumvit near the underwater world ) and complain that you aren't getting deliveries...or maybe better ask them to go out the back and look for your "very important" letter,they disappear for 30 minutes  return saying "no hab"  then complain about not getting deliveries....  years ago I went to the Na-glue office and they did find  things "out the back" on a couple of occasions..but they admitted in the end that postie simply wasn't doing his job.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, johng said:

There can be many reasons why Mr Postie doesn't  deliver your letters.

1: The addressing system isn't very good to start with

2: The letter was poorly/improperly addressd

3: Postie couldn't be bothered to go to out of the way location (they are quite overworked)

4:Postie left the letter with "condo security"  or someone else

5: Someone stole the letter either before it got to postie or from your letterbox

I got my pension stopped 3 months ago, never received the mail, and i live in a small Issan village.

After reading your post, i took out an envelope from 2 years ago from the DWP in the UK, very clearly typed full/ correct address.

So can you now explain your post to me?

For maximum success rate  your letter should be addressed  using the Thai language..I know the UK likes to be very "helpful"  by  providing  benefits forms in several different languages...do they now have the capability to  print Thai too ?