Tinder - why so expensive?

simon43

For 10 baht you can catch a bus to Soi 6, where there are hundreds of women just dying to meet you. And no fake photos. 

Or you can go to 6/1, if that is your fancy - hey, whatever floats your boat, I'm not here to judge you, fella. Watch out for the fake tits, though.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, sanmyintmaung said:

Tinder gives you both paid and free options. Paid option is ad free. Both options show pictures of other tinder users and you can swipe right if you like them. If the other tinder user also swipe right on  your picture, you both can exchange messages in both free and paid versions.

Well, that's where I seem to be going wrong.  Tinder alerts me that I've received messages - I click on the link and it asks me to subscribe with my credit card to read these messages....

As for 10 baht to soi 6 - I'm 300 metres from the Mekong river, so likely to cost me a little more in both time and money.  Besides, I've seen prettier females on a pig farm...

• Haha 2

It's just the same as why do so many guys pay 1000Bt barfines, ridiculously

expensive 300Bt lady drinks that would cost about 15Bt in 7-11. The members of the "fat, ugly, tattooed" brigade spring to mind.

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

expensive 300Bt lady drinks that would cost about 15Bt in 7-11. The members of the "fat, ugly, tattooed" brigade spring to mind.

No need to shout Possum!   LOL

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

it was sold to the Chinese, they need to (fast) recuperate their investment

Tinder is owned by the Match Group, an American company.

Grindr, the gay app was owned by the Chinese but it was compulsorily sold earlier this year because of the amount of American's data it held.

Perhaps you got a little confused.

The Chinese have their own dating apps in their own Hanzi language.

I paid for one month when I first moved here. Got well over 100 line contacts and banged a different girl nearly everyday for the first 60 days, nothing over 1200 to my door. I went to bars maybe half a dozen times. 

I reckon thats pretty good value personally 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, possum1931 said:

I don't have any tattoos.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Bournville said:

Tinder is free. Spend money on reading glasses instead

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

like many apps the basic app, which is fine and works well, is free. if you want to buy add ons then you can. i have used tinder in here and in the uk successfully without paying a setang.

as an aside; thailand tinder is hard work as many girls here use it as a way to boost their self esteem or because they are bored, they have have no intention of meeting anyone in the real world. whereas in the uk most girls are more grounded, want to meet and are not time wasters.

• Like 1