A farmhouse kitchen question?

I hope its okay to post my question here,  perhaps there is a farmer out there who still makes his own bread?  I would simply like to know if it is possible to buy organic brown flour and organic white bread flour in Thailand? Additionally if it is possible to buy bags of whole wheat to put through a home mill.  I would like to make sourdough.  Any information much appreciated.

Screenshot 2019-06-15 14.56.44.png

A. Villa and Top supermarkets everywhere stocks on just about all the items you have mentioned B.  you don't have to be a farmer to bake a farmer bread C. Google is your friend, seek, and you shall find...

48 minutes ago, ezzra said:

A. Villa and Top supermarkets everywhere stocks on just about all the items you have mentioned B.  you don't have to be a farmer to bake a farmer bread C. Google is your friend, seek, and you shall find...

Spot on, plus there's no such thing as organic anymore. All 'organic' wheat contains some glyphosate, pesticide residue and one day will contain some GM despite attempts to stop it.

As for buying whole wheat not easy, Thailand grows very little wheat, some are grown in the cooler North not suitable for bread making, most wheat is imported by the big feed companies for livestock feed, and it will be the wrong type of wheat for bread making.

For bread making, you need a hard red wheat verity, almost certain, not available in Thailand.

For bread flour try Choco-Schmit off Sukhumvit Soi 48.   

Archived