Taking aim at Johnson, British PM hopefuls make Brexit case

webfact

11 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

He is avoiding questioning and debate.

That is cowardice as far as I am concerned and makes him even more unfit for purpose. 

This morning I listened to a report regarding the debate on BBC World Service. There was a quote were they referred to the non-attendance of Boris as "like going to the circus and the clown didn't turn up".

So no bias there then right?

Plus the fact that they likened the debate to a circus says everything about it.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

He is avoiding questioning and debate.

That is cowardice as far as I am concerned and makes him even more unfit for purpose. 

Question, how many children do you have .

Question, how many children are you supporting . 

UK  , electorate , demand honest answers , if possible..

30 minutes ago, nahkit said:

This morning I listened to a report regarding the debate on BBC World Service. There was a quote were they referred to the non-attendance of Boris as "like going to the circus and the clown didn't turn up".

Plus the fact that they likened the debate to a circus says everything about it.

It’s his circus and he is the clown who wants to lead it.

Clown or not, he’s still a coward who won’t face his opponents or tough questions.

15 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Ain't that the truth - of course brexiteers aren't predicting anything as none of them has the first idea of how Brexit will pan out - however not such a difficult job for remainers given every industry captain out there has informed us exactly that will be happening!!

And you have no idea how it would pan out if we withdrew article 50 and remained in the EU.

You have no idea how much our position in the EU is already weakened with the other 27 member states knowing half of the UK want out, and therefore you don't know how the UK would be treated by the EU going forward. 

You have no idea how the rest of the world would view the UK, having seen us try to leave the EU for 3 years and being prevented from doing so by the Remain heavy HoC, and then backing down and giving up. 

You have no idea how the British public would respond to the referendum result not being implemented as promised, how many years of public discontent and disruption there would be as a result of half the country feeling betrayed. 

You have no idea how the EU project will evolve over the next few years, with most commentators recognising the direction of travel, i.e. further integration, fiscal, military, etc. etc. 

You have no idea how the EU economy will fare over the next few years, with massive financial problems and mass unemployment in countries like Greece, Italy, Spain, and even Germany's economy teetering on the brink of recession. 

12 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

You have no idea how the rest of the world would view the UK, 

Have ,   now the once Great Britain , is sadly doomed, RIP.

1 hour ago, CG1 Blue said:

And you have no idea how it would pan out if we withdrew article 50 and remained in the EU.

You have no idea how much our position in the EU is already weakened with the other 27 member states knowing half of the UK want out, and therefore you don't know how the UK would be treated by the EU going forward. 

You have no idea how the rest of the world would view the UK, having seen us try to leave the EU for 3 years and being prevented from doing so by the Remain heavy HoC, and then backing down and giving up. 

You have no idea how the British public would respond to the referendum result not being implemented as promised, how many years of public discontent and disruption there would be as a result of half the country feeling betrayed. 

You have no idea how the EU project will evolve over the next few years, with most commentators recognising the direction of travel, i.e. further integration, fiscal, military, etc. etc. 

You have no idea how the EU economy will fare over the next few years, with massive financial problems and mass unemployment in countries like Greece, Italy, Spain, and even Germany's economy teetering on the brink of recession. 

...but you have. Amen. 

11 hours ago, malagateddy said:

Yip..he said that..BUT what kind of Brexit..a vassel style model..ie..a rehash of t mays rubbish??...or the real thing.
The proof is in the pudding.
Lets see if..
1. Boris becomes pm
2. What kind of Brexit he comes up with.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

if I remember correctly,

a year or so ago it was argued (by some) here on TVF that BJ is a remainer at heart

and that his leave flare is just an opportunistic streak

The Hard Core Brexiteers who really have no idea about anything much their nationalist dreamworld.

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Hard Brexiteers clowning about the makeup.

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

6 hours ago, nontabury said:

The peoples Democratic decision should be sovereign, not a parliament, occupied by a bunch of deceiving and arrogant liars.

68F0D878-6CF3-449F-9A33-196CF0BFADE7.jpeg

There is one word that stands out from this sad meme, which is "Servants". The person who put this together is clearly a complete failure him/her/self, if they can't understand what "Representative democracy" means. We elect MPs, and in doing so authorize them to make decisions on our behalf  - Ideally with the interests of the country first, rather than their own personal interests, sadly that is far too often not the case. We effectively put them in a position to rule over us, make our laws etc, consequently to describe them as servants is beyond idiotic. Even if the referendum had been instructive (It wasn't) rather than advisory,  MPs would still BE IN CONTROL OF  attempts to achieve or not achieve Brexit AS THEY SAW FIT, not as "We the voters" see fit. If they find that it is impossible to do without damaging the country to an unacceptable extent then that is up to them - THAT'S  what representative democracy means. We have a vote, then after that we just go back to being "Joe public".

What they get up to in their private life,is up to them. And that includes the leaders of the SNP. Unless it involved a sex crime such as rape. And by the way, when’s Alex Salmons appearing in court?

AC6B822D-B457-4BDA-BB4D-FDAA12FF4E8B.jpeg.7839a44635dec7b16d33a7204ae0b6b1.jpeg&key=253dee6b1c0380613fdcc13374f0c755f53746358a7947a69d6ac065cbd94233

In your book, does 'innocent until proven guilty' only apply to those of whose politics you approve? Regardless, Salmond is no longer a politician.

It seems that many are so desperate for Brexit that they will hitch their wagons to this most reprehensible, most revolting of characters. They are happy to ignore his long track record of lies, duplicity and deceit because he promises to give them the Brexit they desire.

I have some magic Brexit snake oil if you are interested.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

10 hours ago, nahkit said:

Maitis is fronting today's effort from the BBC so expect more of the same.

43 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

In your book, does 'innocent until proven guilty' only apply to those of whose politics you approve? Regardless, Salmond is no longer a politician.

It seems that many are so desperate for Brexit that they will hitch their wagons to this most reprehensible, most revolting of characters. They are happy to ignore his long track record of lies, duplicity and deceit because he promises to give them the Brexit they desire.

I have some magic Brexit snake oil if you are interested.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Come on RR you are doing yourself no favours putting so much venom in your character assassination of Boris, you are over egging the pudding to say the least. We all know when a remainer doesn't get their way they will make it known to heaven and high earth, but the truth of the matter he is hugely popular, nothing will change that even all this mud slinging.

Incidentally better save some of that snake oil for Scottish MEP Alyn Smith who accused the Brexit Party on Sky TV about it's funding, Richard Tice, the Brexit Party chairman threatened to sue Smith and he has settled out of court for an undisclosed sum.

14 minutes ago, vogie said:

Come on RR you are doing yourself no favours putting so much venom in your character assassination of Boris, you are over egging the pudding to say the least. We all know when a remainer doesn't get their way they will make it known to heaven and high earth, but the truth of the matter he is hugely popular, nothing will change that even all this mud slinging.

Incidentally better save some of that snake oil for Scottish MEP Alyn Smith who accused the Brexit Party on Sky TV about it's funding, Richard Tice, the Brexit Party chairman threatened to sue Smith and he has settled out of court for an undisclosed sum.

I don't think there is much in the way of venom in my words. I have absolutely zero respect for the man but I wish him no ill will. I simply wish that he was held to the same account as most of us are, and that he fade into obscurity. Sadly I doubt either will ever happen. 

20 hours ago, Older and Wiser said:

And if 70% would now prefer to remain is it democracy to follow through with the vote from the referendum no matter what?

Wow, 70% now want to remain, that's stunning.

And when exactly did they hold this second referendum as I seem to have missed it?

4 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Given only 25% of the UK population voted to leave in the first place, (brexiteers do love to claim it was 51%), its probably not far off given how many have changed their minds.

So less than 25% of the UK population voted to remain?

And if you must be pedantic about the figures it's 51% of people who were eligible to vote, not the whole population.

21 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Given only 25% of the UK population voted to leave in the first place, (brexiteers do love to claim it was 51%), its probably not far off given how many have changed their minds.

Having won or lost the vote under the rules of the day I cannot see what can be gained by persistent whining thereafter.

The anger the desperation from the political establishment and on here to do anything to stop Boris becoming PM, is quite hilarious. It would seem that those supporting this action will be crying in your pillows when he becomes PM. 2nd refy out the window.

Those on here trying to say Boris is a hypocrite and liar. Yes he is likes nearly all MP's are. 

The remainers had 3 years with TM and did everything they could to stop the democratic referendumresult. You had your turn and now its the rise of the brexiteers. I can't wait to see who will be in the cabinet. I do hope Phillip Hammond gets a job washing dishes somewhere.

35 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

The anger the desperation from the political establishment and on here to do anything to stop Boris becoming PM, is quite hilarious. It would seem that those supporting this action will be crying in your pillows when he becomes PM. 2nd refy out the window.

Those on here trying to say Boris is a hypocrite and liar. Yes he is likes nearly all MP's are. 

The remainers had 3 years with TM and did everything they could to stop the democratic referendumresult. You had your turn and now its the rise of the brexiteers. I can't wait to see who will be in the cabinet. I do hope Phillip Hammond gets a job washing dishes somewhere.

Traffic seen elsewhere suggests a wide purge is expected as soon as BJ gets in which might include the Mogg ???? as chancellor!

4 minutes ago, evadgib said:

Traffic seen elsewhere suggests a wide purge is expected as soon as BJ gets in which might include the Mogg ???? as chancellor!

Nearly prefect. just Nigel Farage to take Ollie Robbins position. ester McVey as Home secretary and its a dream team.????

14 hours ago, elliss said:

Ill educated , secondary modern schooling / BTECS. 

Really and if that was true can you show us the evidence. so all private secondary schooled people voted remain. What a preposterous statement. 

Once again another remainer who believes that going to university makes you smarter. It doesn't. I know. I spent many years there. In fact I would say it makes you less intelligent but that is for a different thread.

2 hours ago, Benroon said:

How do you know she didn't do all those things? She's hardly like to do it on the tube going home is she.

She stood to raise her own profile knowing no-one with that accent would ever be taken seriously ! She never stood a chance from the off - I was stunned she got nine MP's backing her.

I made a reasonable deduction that as she accepted the democratic decision as a fairly level headed lady.

Do you have any reason to suppose that she did any of those things?

If you do, please post them and will happily apologise.

1 hour ago, Laughing Gravy said:

<------>

Once again another remainer who believes that going to university makes you smarter. It doesn't. I know. I spent many years there. In fact I would say it makes you less intelligent but that is for a different thread. 

First, do I understand it rightly? (By my own words) :

Because you spent many years in university it didn't make you more intelligent, but „less intelligent“. And you know it !

Confirmed here in TV Brexit threads; I had to  :cheesy::cheesy: .

(But I'm not sure if I understood it rightly because of my limited English knowledge)

47 minutes ago, puck2 said:

First, do I understand it rightly? (By my own words) :

Because you spent many years in university it didn't make you more intelligent, but „less intelligent“. And you know it !

Confirmed here in TV Brexit threads; I had to  :cheesy::cheesy: .

(But I'm not sure if I understood it rightly because of my limited English knowledge)

If you think by having degrees from university that you are more intelligent then you need those laughing smileys.

University and the junk they churn out stifles creativity. But I guess you feel justified with whatever degree you have. It has been done to death her as a subject but seems to justify remainers who feel that they are superior because they went to university. Big deal.

Is that clear enough for your limited English Knowledge.

50 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

If you think by having degrees from university that you are more intelligent then you need those laughing smileys.

University and the junk they churn out stifles creativity. But I guess you feel justified with whatever degree you have. It has been done to death her as a subject but seems to justify remainers who feel that they are superior because they went to university. Big deal.

Is that clear enough for your limited English Knowledge.

It seems that you, with your unlimited English Knowledge, cannot remember the nonsense you have written here above.

Your words „University and the junk they churn out stifles creativity.“. I don't know if this is English/British standard, but cannot believe it.

I only know that people have a lot more knowledge i.e. in natural sciences after finishing university.

15 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

But we do know what will happen, The writing has been on the wall since the Lisbon Treaty:

We will lose our sovereign nation status.
The UK will become just a small (but highly contributory) state in the EUsuperstate.
We will lose our remaining voting abstentions and any rights of veto.
Our contributions will increase and rebates be cancelled.
EU & ECJ courts and their judgments will become supreme.
All our ancient established laws & legal procedures will be changed to Eurolaw.
The Euro will become the compulsory EU currency and Sterling but a memory.
Taxation and VAT will be fixed in Brussels, to suit EU policies.
London Stock Exchange will move to Frankfurt.
Free trade will be banned with no separate trade deals or quotas allowed.
Fishing controls will be made in Brussels, UK fishing grounds & quotas given to EU boats.
Rights to all oil & gas will be taken by the EU (Scotland no chance)
UK will be part of the Schengen Zone, with open border free for all migrants flooding in for UK to support.
UK armed forces and nuclear deterrent integrated into the EU common army.
UK foreign policy will be changed to the EU policy, ‘special relationships’ no more.
Breakup of the Commonwealth and dependent territories cast adrift.
UK existing space research and Galileo etc will all be acquired by the EUsuperstate.
UK aviation and marine controls will all be made in the EU.

Archived